Mavic Air crashed seeking expedited assistance for care refresh
1052 9 2019-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
likhan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398 ft
Netherlands

My Mavic Air crashed on the third flight. Right after take off, it started flying up, I let go of the stick, expecting it to hover, but, it kept flying up and started getting carried over by breeze. I tried to correct the trajectory and let get of the stick nothing helped. Soon, it was out of sight, out of range. I was asked if I wanted to return to home. Pressed that nothing happened. I was walking around the neighbourhood to find it. Luckily, it connected at some point and then using GPS location found the drone on the roof of an apartment, and the video seemed it was upside down. Had quiet a difficulty getting in the apartment and then on the roof. But, once I reached, I saw the drone was severely damaged.

Usually I do not buy insurances, but, as the drone is pretty expensive and I am not expert at flying (flew a couple of times earlier with my friends' drones), I bought the care refresh. Feeling pretty happy about it now. I am hoping to be able to use the care refresh to get this sorted. However, my request is to see, if I can expedite it a bit, I am willing to drive to the RMA center with the drone, and was thinking if I can get the replacement onsite. I bought the drone for a vacation trip which I am flying out on Thursday 25th July.

Case: CAS-3307725-Z3Q9N4

Would really appreciate to get some assistance and guidance with this issue. Thanks a lot.
2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi likhan, we are sorry for the crash accident, unfortunately, we do not provide the walk-in service in the repair center at the moment. In general, the shipping label will be sent to you within 2 business day if your place is reachable by our UPS EU service and the overall repair time would be 3 business days excluding the shipping and delivering time, we will inform the repair center to expedite the whole process but we cannot guarantee you receive the drone before 25th July, thanks for your understanding.
2019-7-20
Use props
likhan
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks for the reply. In that case the whole point of me buying the drone for my trip is completely moot. I have looked at the flight log in the app and i see that my controls in my remote are not being moved to make this crash happens. Is there anything that can be done so that I can enjoy and take photos in my trip.

Maybe if I just drop the drone in person, the three business days would be just enough to get it back.
2019-7-21
Use props
likhan
lvl.2
Netherlands

Just received instruction to upload the flight log. Attaching the link, hopefully DJI will come to rescue atleast some temporary solution for the trip would be greatly appreciated. https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/R12UOUAGMCWKMJV689JY/
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

likhan Posted at 7-21 03:34
Just received instruction to upload the flight log. Attaching the link, hopefully DJI will come to rescue atleast some temporary solution for the trip would be greatly appreciated. https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/R12UOUAGMCWKMJV689JY/

Data analysis may take more time, it is very hard to send back the drone before your trip because time is so limited, the drone still hasn't arrived in the facility yet, we will do our best to speed up but we cannot guarantee, your understanding is much appreciated.
2019-7-22
Use props
likhan
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks for the reply. Today it is already end of business. Tomorrow if you guys allow, I can personally drop off the drone at your facility. I have received a shipping label, so I know the address. Please advice ASAP. Atleast that would allow to skip the shipping time of the drone to your facility.
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

likhan Posted at 7-22 07:20
Thanks for the reply. Today it is already end of business. Tomorrow if you guys allow, I can personally drop off the drone at your facility. I have received a shipping label, so I know the address. Please advice ASAP. Atleast that would allow to skip the shipping time of the drone to your facility.

Sorry for the late response. We've checked with the local team and it is not recommended to drop off the package at the facility. Hope for your understanding.
2019-7-23
Use props
likhan
lvl.2
Netherlands

I have shipped the drone using the UPS return label, and included the battery. I did not have any physical external damage, however, I would like it to be verified to ensure there are no internal damages to the battery.
2019-7-23
Use props
likhan
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi.
I just got a quote for repair of the drone. However, the drone got damaged which was not caused by pilot error. I am expecting a replacement under warranty. The drone was only flown for only a few times. Please let me know why am i getting an invoice for repair?

Case: CAS-3307725-Z3Q9N4
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

likhan Posted at 7-25 04:54
Hi.
I just got a quote for repair of the drone. However, the drone got damaged which was not caused by pilot error. I am expecting a replacement under warranty. The drone was only flown for only a few times. Please let me know why am i getting an invoice for repair?

Sorry to know the warranty service was not provided, the data analysis will be applied, we will do our best to figure out what caused the accident. Please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules