4849 4 2019-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2f87b92c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 425220 ft
United States

Hello.

I feel like I've read through every possible thread and still can't get firmware V01.04.0500 to finish the update on my goggles which are currnetly at V01.04.0200. I've got the Mavic 2 Pro now and would like to connect.

Here's what I've tried:

Assistant V1.2.4

On this version it downloads 100% then errors out on the transmitting stage. Never starts the transmission of data.

Assistant 2 V2.0.8 for Mavic 2

On this version, it gets to 99% of the download and hangs up there. Never finishes and never gets to the transmit stage.

After all the failures with both assistant versions, I've tried to get the error log to upload but that times out as well. Progress wheel just spins.

I have tried to reset the goggles to factory settings, but after I hit the CONFIRM button inside the goggles, nothing seems to actually reset. I've powered off/on, etc too. Nothing.

I've tried power off/on, restart, different cables, reinstalling Assistant(s) and also trying to update to each version of the firmware, not just the newest. Same results on each.

thanks for some help.

2019-7-21
Use props
Kiprop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 425220 ft
United States

DJI Support...any help!?!?!
2019-7-30
Use props
Wisco Aerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1107841 ft
United States

I am having all the same issues.
2019-8-9
Use props
Wisco Aerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1107841 ft
United States

I found a solution!

For two days I tried everything... three different versions of DJI Assistant, and on 3 different computers, and restarting, reinstalling and kept getting the same failed results. It would download 99% or 100% and then fail.  It seemed like a software issue. But finally, I decided to try a random USB cable (not the DJI one) and it worked perfectly.

So I would say if you are having problems getting past the download stage, even if the cord is seeming to connect the device to the computer, try a different micro usb cord.
2019-8-13
Use props
typxxi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107014 ft
Germany

Wisco Aerial Posted at 2019-8-13 06:30
I found a solution!

For two days I tried everything... three different versions of DJI Assistant, and on 3 different computers, and restarting, reinstalling and kept getting the same failed results. It would download 99% or 100% and then fail.  It seemed like a software issue. But finally, I decided to try a random USB cable (not the DJI one) and it worked perfectly.

It did never fail at 99% installing !

What you heard was the disconnection sound of Windows when the goggles rebooted.

Afterwards your PC showed you 100% and "successfully", but if you went back to the overview of available firmware versions than the dji assistant shows "upgrade to 700" again.

The cable can not be true cause the communication did work for all of us.
First the PC and DJI Assistant downloaded the firmware,
then DJI Assistant uploaded the firmware to the goggles  and
finally the updating / installing procedure on the goggles started

and there at 99% the beep for USB disconnect occures that  you misinterpreted as an error, but a reboot of a USB device is always a disconnect that Windows identifies and then the USB connection comes back again with a sound cause goggles have rebooted.
Just a second later the DJI Assistant shows 100% and Success screen appears.

If you then press the BACK button in the upper right corner you will come back to the list of available firmware and on top of that list you will see your UPGRADE again next to the 1.00.700: for the same old 2018 firmware you just had upgraded.
Just start your DJI assistant again and have a look.

DJI , it is time to awake and call the firmware developer or quality assurance what the hack is going on, cause all over the world customers complain the same thing like here

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/dji-racing-goggles-not-updating-to-v01-00-0700.75768/
2020-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules