Ronin S -will I be able tonuse my Nikon D810?
8071 17 2019-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Patrick P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522598 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hello everybody,
Buying the Ronin S and after reading in here that it’s not compatible with my Nikon D810 (Or D3X), or is it now????

Please you all, I really need some help here, I’d be so happy for replies!! (Am I able to use my camera and if so, with all features like time lapse and motion lapse and so on??)

Thank you!!
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the moment, the Nikon D810 or D3X is not fully compatible with our Ronin S. However, our team is currently working on these two cameras to make it fully optimized. Currently, you could only balance these two cameras to our Ronin-S but the features and functionality can't be used. Please see the link below for camera compatibility. Thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20190314/Ronin_S_Camera_Compatibility_List_en_.pdf
2019-7-21
Use props
ricphoto-S
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Don't count on it...these cameras were previously listed as supported/compatible until they were proven wrong then the lists changed with no real explanation...evasive non-answers like the one you got above is probably the closest you'll come...

Like most things DJI don't count on the software ever being "right"...Hardware is nice but the support and software is well below sub-par....
2019-7-21
Use props
Patrick P
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

Really!? Then how can such a company like DJI miss the target so much!? I read EVERYWHERE that DJI says it’s compatible with f.i. the D810 and it’s on the compatible cameras list, then after some while they start taking cameras (which they promised to fix an update for) off the list.. That’s NOT serious!! What a bummer DJI did here!!

Anyway, I was lucky enough that my friend got me a Ronin M instead!! So I’m so exited!!! Getting it tomorrow!!! This WILL be totally awesome with my D810!!!
2019-7-22
Use props
almacrae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21467 ft
United States

I would NOT invest in the Ronin-S, or any DJI gimbal, for that matter.  I bought one a couple months back to use with my Nikon Z cameras, which were listed as compatible.  As of today, still not working.  Expensive paperweight at this point in time.
2019-7-22
Use props
Patrick P
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

@almacrae;
Exactly what I thought too!..

So why DJI are you leading your customers into the dark this way!?? You should be ashamed!!! It is strange that such a big company don´t care about their customers, just wanna sell, so you put out false information. Wonder if that´s legal..
2019-7-24
Use props
borisbushmin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8345617 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Patrick P Posted at 7-24 05:31
@almacrae;
Exactly what I thought too!..

I've been waiting a year for D810 support... at least, that the screen worked with the connected cable... but on the contrary he is disabled when you connect... I do not understand why not to do it on the D810, if D850 running.
2019-7-28
Use props
TranTrung
lvl.1

Hungary

I just bought the Ronin-S, I have the Nikon D810, it also doesn't work when a cable is attached. I'm really angry
2019-7-29
Use props
djiuser_LGqKVQ8apf1R
lvl.1

I was planning to buy Ronin S for my Nikon D810. Going through this forum  have realized it doesn't support 810.

Can someone suggest one model that will fully support Nikon D810?
2019-9-30
Use props
Patrick P
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

It WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
2019-11-5
Use props
Patrick P
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

It WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
2019-11-5
Use props
Joshua S.
New
Flight distance : 40453 ft
United States

DJI,
Could you just make a new cable and test it. Instead of using a Micro USB maybe try a Micro-B USB. Worth a shot to make all your Nikon users happy. I am considering doing it but I figured I'd let you give it a stab.

2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_MnoohGGhgmTC
lvl.1
Germany

Hello, I am fortunate to have seen these posts before purchasing Ronin S, because I use the Nikon D810.
2020-2-24
Use props
Telboy99
New

France

I am thinking about getting the Ronin-S for my D810, this video seems to suggest it's now working... https://youtu.be/Hfmc_LibbCo  Have any of you guys managed to get it working or is it still incompatible with the D810.  Thanks
2020-5-26
Use props
TranTrung
lvl.1

Hungary

Telboy99 Posted at 5-26 12:34
I am thinking about getting the Ronin-S for my D810, this video seems to suggest it's now working... https://youtu.be/Hfmc_LibbCo  Have any of you guys managed to get it working or is it still incompatible with the D810.  Thanks

That is Ronin-SC, not Ronin-S. Ronin-SC or Ronin-S can also balance D810 but can not be connected to D810 by cable, so you cannot use the button on the gymbal to record videos or take photos.
2020-7-12
Use props
TranTrung
lvl.1

Hungary

Although DJi said "Due to the limit of D810 camera software, users can only take photos and record videos when the camera screen is blank." or "The camera screen is blank after connecting the camera control cable. The monitor screen is also blank when connecting the HDMI cable.", but after updating the firmware, it was still unable to connect the cable to Ronin-S. D810 still misunderstands that it is connected to PC
2020-7-12
Use props
djiuser_s878rkd7p1PK
New

United States

Did anyone tried to use Nikon ML-3 and DJI rss ir by changing in camera settings shutter button to record?
2022-1-15
Use props
djiuser_s878rkd7p1PK
New

United States

djiuser_s878rkd7p1PK Posted at 1-15 01:43
Did anyone tried to use Nikon ML-3 and DJI rss ir by changing in camera settings shutter button to record?

2022-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules