Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Filters v.s. Photo editing software
3940 7 2019-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MalikDixon55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1387402 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello Everyone,

When flying a Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, Phantom, Phantom 2 pro or any DJI drone with a camera, the image or video quality of the shot that you are taking with the drone is paramount. When do most aerial photographers of videographers edit their videos and images? Before flight with the use of lens filters, or after the flight when you use software to edit your footage. I have seen many YouTube videos on using filters on drones for better images by using software like Adobe Lightroom to edit images long after the operation. Depending on the YouTuber that I go to, the opinions about lens and software very. Check out the YouTube video about using the Lens on the Mavic 2 Pro for example by 51 Drones

https://youtu.be/KPfHmNkuPFI

Which comes to the overall question. What is better? Lens filters or software or even both. Please hit me with your thoughts.

https://youtu.be/r2m5FpaOpJ8
By The Film Poets

2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this informative footage with us! This would be helpful to our valued DJI forum members. Cheers!
2019-7-22
Use props
MalikDixon55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1387402 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-22 09:55
Hi, thanks for sharing this informative footage with us! This would be helpful to our valued DJI forum members. Cheers!

Hello DJI Tony.

I am glad that you liked the post. I hope that everyone takes something away from it.
2019-7-22
Use props
ArizonaFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250932 ft
United States

Great information! Thanks!
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MalikDixon55 Posted at 7-22 10:48
Hello DJI Tony.

I am glad that you liked the post. I hope that everyone takes something away from it.

You're welcome. Cheers!
2019-7-22
Use props
Celtic Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4144 ft
United Kingdom

Filters are important for any camera, and the only one that can't be readily replicated is polarisation due to the nature of how it cuts out glare/light. ND/ND Grad, colour etc can be replicated to one degree  or another but with video it's more difficult without a lot of rendering time. Note with polarised lenses you really need to not the angle of the sun to get the most effect use out of them, and also watch for any polarised objects such as cars or glass windows as you'll start to see the stress points (you can see this by wearing polarised glasses).

In landscape photography I've got a wide range of filter choices, but generally I'll use a ND grad for sky to bring in back into the dynamic range  of the sensor and retain detail. If I want a longer exposure I'll use a ND filter and/or a polarised lens. If it's black and white image I'll use cut out filters. Sadly drones don't allow for a lot of the more creative filters out there due to weight but you could buy gels and cut them down to stick the front.

Oh and if you really want the best colour engine out there to convert and edit the DNG files, use CaptureOne. It's not as 'cheap' or user friendly as Adobe Lightroom but it's far more powerful and it's tools are a lot more refined and sophisticated. It'll also take advantage of your hardware to improve it's performance.  It's also got layers and masking built into it reducing the amount of work you'd need to do in the editor. Also masking on the RAW retains the most information when passed to your editor.

With regards to video, ND filters are mandatory to ensure you get the shutter angle/shutter speed you are recording for especially if you're doing cinematic imagery rather than slow-mo.  Which filters you'd need depends on where you're filming in the world.
2019-7-27
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

nice work, thanks
2020-4-8
Use props
mohagny
New

Pakistan

You can now edit your image by yourself according to your requirements by going here
https://www.photoeditoangel.com/es/collage-maker-online
2021-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules