Files Missing on SD Card, but space is used. Can reproduce.
683 3 2019-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m_o_n_t_y
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hi folks, just filmed an event today. I popped the SD Card in my Win8 machine and... no new files. I was definitely recording, and there is definitely less space on the card than when I left this morning, but the video files are not showing. Tried putting it back in the bird and connecting via USB cord, same result. I was able to reproduce the issue: I recorded a short clip with the bird sitting on my desk, and sure enough available disk space decreased even though there were no new video files. So Mavic Pro is recording to the disk, but none of the files are visible.
Mavic Files Disappear.png

I tried the free trial for Disk Drill. It shows several files and fortunately one was less than the 500MB limit of the free trial, however when I "recovered" it nothing happened and the recovered file did not appear in the SD Card or the designated recovery folder, so... I did not pull the trigger on buying that software.
Mavic Disk Drill.png

Any ideas?
Mavic Files Disappear.png
2019-7-21
Use props
m_o_n_t_y
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

WinDirStat results showing "<unknown>" space used on card...

Mavic WinDirStat.png
2019-7-21
Use props
m_o_n_t_y
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Any ideas? Unfortunately this is irreplaceable footage. Thanks for your help.
2019-7-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Put the card back into the aircraft, connect your mobile device to the remote controller and connect to the aircraft as if you were going to do another flight.  Doing so will sometimes allow the platform to properly close video files that may not have been closed correctly due to a glitch or power loss before recording had been stopped. This happens to a lot of folks who forget to stop recording before they power down the AC.

If that doesn't work, google for DJI video recovery tools; I believe there are a couple commercial tools out there that can identify and recover lost videos. Hopefully you'll find one that works better than your first find. Good luck!
2019-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules