camera doesn't work
1042 5 2019-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cj johnson
lvl.1
United States

I have a Spark, first time using it. I have the contoller and am using a brand new samsung Galaxy tab A for my screen. Everything works, except the camera. My screen shows black, like soemthing is covering the lens but there is not. It will take pictures, I can hear it click but just black screen. Don't know what to do to fix this. Please help

2019-7-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

By experience it is not the cam, but most likely the device that can't handle the stream!
Check it: use the buttons of your controller, look if there is anything on the SD, after. Which you have to insert into the Spark, first ;-)

In case you find pictures or videos on it , after tabbing front upper buttons  (left: red=video, right : white/photo).
Bit difficult to explain (for me), but without a screen, I'd try the video button by tabbing  twice and look for the front lights. They usually switch of during video filming(the difficulty comes from the fact, one tab is switching the modus (film<>photo), the next starting/stopping  taking/taking )

What are the specs of your tab A ? The android version?

And do you have a different device, with higher specs for a try, around?

Also you could try, on the tab, an older (not the newest ) Go4 version.
Up to Droid 8, I'd suggest 4.2.21 or 4.1.15.

Good luck
2019-7-21
Use props
cj johnson
lvl.1
United States

If I take a picture and go to the files I can see a picture. But on the tablet it shows black camera screen. I don't have a SD in the tablet. It's brand new. Thought it would have enough memory to play around with. Thanks for the help
2019-7-21
Use props
cj johnson
lvl.1
United States

specs are 1.3 hz quad core processor.
1.5 GB RAM   8GB ROM
5.0MP AF + 2.0MP VT camera
full HD recording and playback
2019-7-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It is the tablet, it can't deal with all the data.
1.5 Gb ram is very little!

And new? With this specs, it is on Android 5 or 6, isn't it?

go to apkmirror, download Go4 4.1.15 and 4.2.21 and install them for a try!
They do need a lot less performance!

2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day cj johnson. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Tab A ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Spark. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Spark as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Tab A will be able to work with the said device however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

2019-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules