And there it is ... the new firmware without any of the new features
2019-8-28
Use props
Kalleno
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42503 ft
Germany

Hm, what a shame ...

New firmware update for the Ronin S + app, but it still lacks the great new features of the Ronin SC Maybe we should look for similar products Unfortunately, the Ronin SC is not in able to carry the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K.
2019-8-28
Use props
Kalleno
lvl.2
Germany

Am I wrong or is it not even possible anymore to make video timelapses because the icon for switching from photo mode to video mode is missing?
2019-8-28
Use props
ElTrinita
New
France

Hi, I bought the Ronin SC in the hope of tracking my right hand.

But it doesn't work.

What would be great is to be able to track an apple watch or develop a module that the SC ronin could follow like the SOLOSHOT
2019-8-28
Use props
Marco06
lvl.3
France

Dextera Posted at 8-28 06:38
And there it is ... the new firmware without any of the new features

2019-8-28
Use props
FW78
lvl.2

Germany

Very disappointing, I'm afraid. As a longtime Gopro customer I wanted to buy the Actioncam Osmo Action because I found it very interesting. Unfortunately I missed the hyperlapse function. It has once been said that this will be handed later what is also not timely happened. Thus I bought myself again a Gopro. With the Gimbal it is now the same. One does not know whether the great and important function is still passed on and if yes, when. Thus one is forced also here to look around for an alternative. It is incomprehensible that Dji is no longer interested in existing and potential customers.
2019-8-28
Use props
BuzzLightSecond
lvl.1

Germany

Yeah DJI what's up ? When I see other topics, your strategy is often to wait until everything is calming down. I guess we just have to keep this topic alive and let them know that we are here and won't stop complaining until they get their s**t together
2019-8-29
Use props
den99
lvl.2
Russia

"We are currently exploring the possibilities of adding these functions and more to the Ronin-S in the future."
Dear DJI-Paul, are exploring the possibilities not over yet?
How much time can it take?

2019-8-30
Use props
FW78
lvl.2

Germany

"How much time can it take?"
Right, I wonder too.

Dear DJI. Just go to the store and buy a Ronin S and test it. LOL
2019-8-30
Use props
djiuser_xJqdkKCAWyeP
lvl.1

Canada

at least EOS RP is supported now, yeah!
2019-8-30
Use props
jagur
New

Canada

HEY DJI-PAUL... ENOUGH CHIT CHAT!!

GIVE YOUR RONIN S USERS WHAT WE DESERVE!! WHERE IS THE GODDAMN ACTIVE TRACK!!!

IT IS NOT THAT HARD, DON'T MAKE IT LOOK LIKE ONE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT IDIOTS HERE!!

START WORKING ON YOUR ...!!
2019-8-30
Use props
jagur
New

Canada

DJI-Paul Posted at 7-23 00:47
For those speculating why it’s going to take a while before we’re able to add these functions, let me try to explain in as simplified terms as I can.

We just finished the Ronin-SC release and all hands were on deck to ensure a smooth launch. For ActiveTrack to be added to a product such as the Ronin-S, there’s a lot of work that needs to be done to ensure a properly working function. We need to go through the evaluation process of whether it can even be accomplished. If it can, we need to figure out the success rate and whether there are possible failure points. For everyone using this product, to make it look effortless and work well is actually really, really difficult.

BLA BLAHH BLAHHHH......
BLAHHH BLAAHHHHH
2019-8-30
Use props
BuzzLightSecond
lvl.1

Germany

It‘s like a girlfriend who wants to break up but doesnt answer the calls. You basically know it’s over ...
I saw in other topics that DJI responded to tech issues but when it’s about new features they basically do BLABLA and then wait it out.
Other companies do the same, I asked Canon in an email about the missing 120fps in 1080p EOS R and they basically said the same BLABLA.
It’s their product strategy, they could add these features but they don’t.  
2019-8-31
Use props
djiuser_xJqdkKCAWyeP
lvl.1

Canada

BuzzLightSecond Posted at 8-31 00:30
It‘s like a girlfriend who wants to break up but doesnt answer the calls. You basically know it’s over ...
I saw in other topics that DJI responded to tech issues but when it’s about new features they basically do BLABLA and then wait it out.
Other companies do the same, I asked Canon in an email about the missing 120fps in 1080p EOS R and they basically said the same BLABLA.

Canon have never added new functionalities via firmware update for free. They want you to shell out $99 for the clog upgrade. But now they are giving away major autofocus enhancements for free. Why? Perhaps a 50% reduction in profit on a 10% reduction in sales gets their attention. Here is a hint, vote with your wallet, stop buying dji products
2019-8-31
Use props
Dextera
lvl.2
Austria

I have now put my Ronin-S, which I bought 2 months ago, for sale. In the meantime, I'm wondering if I'll buy another product from DJI - or if I look around at the competition.

I have a mirrorless camera, so for me the SC would have been the more appropriate gimbal. That now has much more features - and is still cheaper than the Ronin-S, is a nice thing for new customers. For me, however, rather a slap in the face

That's a matter of software. So if they do not want to include these features then that can only mean that sometime a Ronin S2 will be thrown on the market. For everyone who need more payload.
2019-9-1
Use props
Kalleno
lvl.2
Germany

So the new Moza Aircross 2 seems to be an better option for now? I don’t want to change but this Software politic is pretty awful....
2019-9-2
Use props
BruceRichardson
New

United States

Hello Paul,

I hope this message finds you well.  Could you please update us on the status of Active Track and Force Mobile functionality on the Ronin-S?

I hope it is a priority to enable these features.  Because the Ronin-S is such a good platform for a variety of cameras, I hope DJI will still enable them to serve the combinations which WILL properly work.
2019-9-2
Use props
Chris_E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243474 ft
  • >>>

BuzzLightSecond Posted at 8-31 00:30

+1
Very well said.
2019-9-2
Use props
Willztr
lvl.1

Any news on the active tracking for ronin s?
2019-9-3
Use props
FW78
lvl.2

Kalleno Posted at 9-2 12:28
So the new Moza Aircross 2 seems to be an better option for now? I don’t want to change but this Software politic is pretty awful....

Hello, I am also on the Moza Aircross 2 because unfortunately it is the only Gimbal that fulfills the current wishes. What confuses me is that the camera was introduced at the beginning of the year but is not really available in Germany yet.
2019-9-3
Use props
Tommy Silaban
lvl.3
Flight distance : 974364 ft

Come on admin at least let us know, this feature will added or not? So we will know how to update our gears
2019-9-4
Use props
BuzzLightSecond
lvl.1

Like @Tommy said, we just want to know if it’s going to happen or not.
2019-9-4
Use props
djiuser_1dVftaC8nquv
lvl.1

The active track 3.0 feature would need the gimbal to support the newer version of Bluetooth which isn’t available on the Ronin S.

The solution which is then needful would be a new version of the Ronin S which adds the active track feature and also adds the axis locks that is available on the SC. I think this would just best solution. But its too hard to wait for it when there are no signs of a new launch as yet. I am on the verge of buying a new Ronin S and this is what Stops me to buy one.
2019-9-4
Use props
Kalleno
lvl.2

djiuser_1dVftaC8nquv Posted at 9-4 23:04
The active track 3.0 feature would need the gimbal to support the newer version of Bluetooth which isn’t available on the Ronin S.

The solution which is then needful would be a new version of the Ronin S which adds the active track feature and also adds the axis locks that is available on the SC. I think this would just best solution. But its too hard to wait for it when there are no signs of a new launch as yet. I am on the verge of buying a new Ronin S and this is what Stops me to buy one.

Why? You can control the gimbal via smartphone already. You have a virtual joystick in the app, so you can control the gimbal via bluetooth, right? With that current bluetooth version, right?

So the Ronin App just have to calculate the movements from the tracked subject and sending the changes to the gimbal. Easy.

I call that bull....
2019-9-4
Use props
djiuser_1dVftaC8nquv
lvl.1

Kalleno Posted at 9-4 23:11
Why? You can control the gimbal via smartphone already. You have a virtual joystick in the app, so you can control the gimbal via bluetooth, right? With that current bluetooth version, right?

So the Ronin App just have to calculate the movements from the tracked subject and sending the changes to the gimbal. Easy.

Yes that true. But in one Ronin SC review video, i saw the reviewer saying that because it is the capability of a newer Bluetooth version, it is hard to expect  a Ronin S could fit that feature!
2019-9-4
Use props
Kalleno
lvl.2

djiuser_1dVftaC8nquv Posted at 9-4 23:25
Yes that true. But in one Ronin SC review video, i saw the reviewer saying that because it is the capability of a newer Bluetooth version, it is hard to expect  a Ronin S could fit that feature!

And everything a reviewer says is true? Be careful with that principle

If that would be the case, DJI just could say that. Everything would be fine. But they're saying "we currently exploring the possibilities".

A simple "no" would be so much easier than this, if its really an hardware capability issue.
2019-9-5
Use props
FW78
lvl.2

Very unfortunate that DJI in a DJI forum does not take a position although it was so often requested.
2019-9-9
Use props
sashax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1280 ft

Hi!
I bought the "Ronin S" right before the "Ronin SC" release.
By now many producers are focusing on hardware upgrades to monetize, but it is useless to chase hardware improvements without adequate software support.
So, for producers, the point is "sell" new hardware systems.
The software is in the background, otherwise we would have fewer product releases and more updates (like operating systems in fact).
I ask anyway to DJI to add the SC functions to the S.
Unfortunately for DJI, switching suppliers is not so complicated, so they should keep in mind that the current owners of "Ronin S" will think about it a little before buying a possible "Ronin S2".
2019-9-9
Use props
BuzzLightSecond
lvl.1

FW78 Posted at 9-9 01:52
Very unfortunate that DJI in a DJI forum does not take a position although it was so often requested.

I mean they did post some related information for us, but after that it became dead silent.
So DJI here I am again asking for the ACTIVE TRACK 3.0 in my Ronin S ?
2019-9-9
Use props
Iain Anderson
lvl.1

DJI-Paul Posted at 7-23 00:47
For those speculating why it’s going to take a while before we’re able to add these functions, let me try to explain in as simplified terms as I can.

We just finished the Ronin-SC release and all hands were on deck to ensure a smooth launch. For ActiveTrack to be added to a product such as the Ronin-S, there’s a lot of work that needs to be done to ensure a properly working function. We need to go through the evaluation process of whether it can even be accomplished. If it can, we need to figure out the success rate and whether there are possible failure points. For everyone using this product, to make it look effortless and work well is actually really, really difficult.

Thanks for the update — it's appreciated. A shame that the Ronin-S doesn't have all the SC features yet, but glad it's being looked at. Even if ActiveTrack ends up being more complex than it appears, it would be great to have as many new features from the SC on the S as possible, even if they don't all work perfectly on all setups on day 1.

On the other hand, are there any significant technical issues porting Force Mobile back to the S?
2019-9-9
Use props
Tommy Silaban
lvl.3

And now this is happen zzzzzzzz

Really dji???
2019-9-9
Use props
Giu_Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>

Tommy Silaban Posted at 9-9 19:59

But maybe they use a technology coming from the future?
Or are they too far ahead of the Ronin-s?

2019-9-10
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>

Giu_Sa Posted at 9-10 00:57
But maybe they use a technology coming from the future?
Or are they too far ahead of the Ronin-s?

Moza is years ahead also with customer care!

DJI has an outrageous customer care ... which offends its customers' intelligence!

And...  DJI is ready with the Ronin-S2 with all improvements required and developed by us (customers beta tester) so he can earn more money.
2019-9-10
Use props
sulox32
lvl.1

someone wants to buy my dji ronin s from me ? I think i buy Moza
2019-9-10
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2

ToscanaDrone Posted at 9-10 01:14
Moza is years ahead also with customer care!

DJI has an outrageous customer care ... which offends its customers' intelligence!

Captialism. Lol.
2019-9-10
Use props
Willztr
lvl.1

DJI, we want answers!
2019-9-11
Use props
Rakesh Gopathi
New

@Dji-Paul Just let us know if these features are planned for Ronin S. This will let us go about  our investments into our gear
2019-9-13
Use props
projectobjects
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167828 ft

Tommy Silaban Posted at 9-9 19:59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=yCaLDj1KWFs&app=desktop

I bought a Moza Air 2 today because of this video.  Thank you.  I was going to get the Ronin-S, but felt they needed to fix a bunch of things and update it.  Plus, all these new features are nice.
2019-9-13
Use props
Tommy Silaban
lvl.3

projectobjects Posted at 9-13 10:12
I bought a Moza Air 2 today because of this video.  Thank you.  I was going to get the Ronin-S, but felt they needed to fix a bunch of things and update it.  Plus, all these new features are nice.

yup me too already sold my ronin s ,
.. we need all we can get to make a good content right??
2019-9-13
Use props
Spaky
lvl.2

It's time to all Fujifilm owners to switch to Moza Aircross 2, just checked camera compatibilities list and they are able both to control Shutter and Record. Something that also Ronin SC is not able to do.

Actually I've supported another Ronin S thread to push Fuji to open their SDK in order to have start video recording directly from the gimbal. But now I've discovered that Moza is able to already do that, so where's the truth?

I really like the Ronin S but we deserve better support as end users, that's all for me.
2019-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules