Waterproof Case Snug
3149 12 2019-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_vIK89GzeUaTa
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Finally picked up a waterproof case for my osmo pocket. It fits really snug, which is great. But to remove the device from the case the only part you can pull on to remove it is the gimbal and the camera part, and you have to pull quite hard! I can see this damaging the device over time. Is anyone else finding this?

And yes the clocking clip is removed when I took the device out.

Any advice is appreciated!
2019-7-22
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 249213 ft
United Kingdom

I've noted exactly the same on an earlier post.
It can't be good pulling it out using the gimbal. Cannot see a work around either.
I wonder how the warranty holds up with this
2019-7-22
Use props
vjah
lvl.2
France

I've had the same thought, it really doesn't feel right to pull it out like that...
2019-7-22
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Let’s hope the DJI moderators see this and comment.
2019-7-22
Use props
Paulhd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It needs a system like some leather phone wallets have, where you pull a tab so the Osmo pocket starts to come out of the case enough to grab hold of the body.  .
2019-7-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Is a DIY tab possible?  A bit of ribbon or something passed underneath when inserting?  I don't have the case myself.
2019-7-22
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Paulhd Posted at 7-22 13:00
It needs a system like some leather phone wallets have, where you pull a tab so the Osmo pocket starts to come out of the case enough to grab hold of the body.  .

That’s exactly what I was thinking
2019-7-23
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Paulhd Posted at 7-22 13:00

We shouldn’t have to be faffing around doing this!  It should be designed with easy removal built in. Jeez!
2019-7-23
Use props
Paulhd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7 Posted at 7-23 12:28
We shouldn’t have to be faffing around doing this!  It should be designed with easy removal built in. Jeez!

Well it isn't, so you will have to faff away or don't buy it.

To be honest, it is not that much of a faff. I can get my big fat thumb and index finger on the pan ring and pull. I find that part to be very solid. I would not just pull on the camera area.
2019-7-24
Use props
Vjah
lvl.2
France

fansfe82067d Posted at 7-22 13:28
Is a DIY tab possible?  A bit of ribbon or something passed underneath when inserting?  I don't have the case myself.

I just tried with some twine (didn't find any ribbon) and it worked well thank you for the idea !
2019-7-25
Use props
fans0a4ebcd2
New

United States

Same here guys... the gimbal is a very sensitive part of the camera so this is definitely a design flaw. I’m scared to even take mine out of the case now. DJI we need a better solution.

Also whatever you do, grasp the camera from the base of the gimbal
2020-7-23
Use props
djiuser_4qnESHzXmGDW
lvl.2
United States

All: I pull the device out from the base of the gimbal.
Or you could loop a thin cord around it...
Be careful!!
2020-7-23
Use props
Stump
lvl.1
Norway

On mine, the fitt is so thight, resulting in the right button to be activated without intent. Therefore useless for me. Anyone with the same issue? It can look like the right button in my P2 is slightly more exposed compered to the record button.
2021-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules