Audio Notifications
1582 16 2015-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

After two flights today, I just reliased that I still did not have any audio notifications from the aircraft or controller.  

Prior to the last update, I was getting loud notifications such as "landing gear lowering" or something like that, but now its like there is a function been turned off.  Am I missing something here, or is there a function in the iOS app that I cant find to switch audio notifications back on ?
2015-6-8
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Have not noticed anything on my end.  Strange.  

...did you check the IPad's volume?  Hehehe...
2015-6-8
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Graham,

Yes volume on iPad was up, very strange.  I assume therefore that you are still getting the audible audio notifications from the aircraft and iPad then.
2015-6-8
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-9 03:36
Graham,

Yes volume on iPad was up, very strange.  I assume therefore that you are still getting the ...

Weird, hope you can solve it!
2015-6-8
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is also an issue for some android users including myself. As yet nobody from dji has commented on any of the previous posts regarding this problem.
2015-6-9
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Dave E Posted at 2015-6-9 19:37
This is also an issue for some android users including myself. As yet nobody from dji has commented  ...

Dave,

Thanks for that.  I will just keep checking if its functioning until the next update is released.  

Not a huge problem for me at present, as I religiously follow pre-flight checks and monitor battery etc. in flight.  I just feel more relaxed about it now that you say android users are experiencing this problem, so DJI obviously know it is not an isolated event and will trust it will be addressed in the next update.

2015-6-9
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GB44, I've lost my audio also, on Samsung Tab S, like you say hopefully it'll be sorted on next update,, I am missing that sexy voice,, hahaa
2015-6-10
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

install and uninstall the software that did it for me
2015-6-10
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-6-11 08:19
install and uninstall the software that did it for me

I tried this a few times without success. I even tried a full factory reset on the android tablet but its still the same, no audible warnings.

I miss her too! I've tried flowers and chocolates but still she isn't speaking to me.
2015-6-11
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-6-11 16:51
I tried this a few times without success. I even tried a full factory reset on the android tablet  ...

Never seen her misbehave as such. Maybe she is ignoring you.
2015-6-11
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

she's ignoring me too.  I don't know what I did to deserve it.  I've always kept her batteries full and landed her nice.   I probably said something wrong and now I'm paying for it.  I can never win.
2015-6-11
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you think new shoes or even a handbag would help? I suppose we could even try an app that works properly or is that too much to ask for.

We're getting there though just a little slower than I'd hoped for.
2015-6-13
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ok as weirdly as it went after updating a new battery today, the audio voice notifications have returned.  

Cant explain it as I haven't done anything new really, just turned on the controller again and app and it was back.
2015-6-22
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-23 04:45
Ok as weirdly as it went after updating a new battery today, the audio voice notifications have retu ...

The battery is haunted you should not keep that battery anymore I'm going to send you my address and you can just send me the battery and I'll take care of it. Or better yet just send me the complete inspire and I'll take care of it.:@
2015-6-22
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Funny thing is...... the voice sounds like the voice on my GPS, so I mentally tune her out.  

"You have reached your destination"
2015-6-22
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-6-23 06:06
The battery is haunted you should not keep that battery anymore I'm going to send you my address a ...

Next you will be asking for me to pay shipping and put it in a Peli case for the travel so she doesn't get spooked any more.
2015-6-23
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-23 19:55
Next you will be asking for me to pay shipping and put it in a Peli case for the travel so she doe ...

Well now that you mention it
2015-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules