855 2 2019-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
toddigodi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1204042 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

Little did we know there was a helipad restriction zone over the harbor of Ammassalik in Greenland, but we sure did find out the hard way. The helipad itself is far away from the harbor and the traffic there is only over the daytime, while our incident occurred in the evening.

I realize that we should have followed proper procedure and waited for the GPS points to inform about all possible restrictions that might have been there before taking off, but as we had been flying all over the area without any problems or notifications and we had no reason to suspect that the restrictions zone extended over the harbor area where we launched this final mission. The drone took off, from the bridge and over the ocean, only to stop immediately and land withouth further warning or any opportunity to get it to fly back to base.

My reason for this post is to inquire about any possibility to purchase a replacement Mavic 2 Pro at some reasonable rate?
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Todd,  I'm sorry to read about the crash. We sent you a PM to gather info for further investigations. Please check later. Thank you!
2019-7-22
Use props
toddigodi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1204042 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

thank you DJI Diana,

I have uploaded the log files into my account and sent an email to DJI Support.

I also looked at the LOG files, and this happened really fast, drone landing sequence started within 15 seconds from first alert.
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules