8313 26 2019-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stefkemac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309672 ft
Belgium

Hi,

I bought the Osmo Pocket in december and was waiting for months on the waterproof case.
Last week it finally came out and I ordered it the same day. Fast delivery and friday it arrived.

On sunday I tried it in the cold waters of the nederlands. A dive 12m deep and afther 54 minutes I was very pleased but 10 minutes later when I got out of the water the housing was full of water. My Osmo Pocket was flooded and died !

Underwater I did turn the ring twice to check it was still good closed.
The housing is black so you can not see if water leaks in and the seal screw has no safety switch or lock !
Did anybody have the same issue ?

They say it is our responsabillity but the construction of the housing is not safe, DJI fix it before more people get the same problem.

Greetings
Stefaan
2019-7-22
Use props
Estelle Lau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

I am wondering why do you turn the ring twice UNDERWATER?  Why not check it after it out of water?
2019-7-23
Use props
Stefkemac
lvl.2
Belgium

Estelle Lau Posted at 7-23 00:35
I am wondering why do you turn the ring twice UNDERWATER?  Why not check it after it out of water?

As I mentioned I was checking the housing if it was still good closed. (By fastening the ring) If I check it only after the dive it is to late.
2019-7-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Stefaan, sorry for the late response. The case is mechanical waterproof, and the shell should be tightened enough before entering the water. For your situation, we sincerely suggest you send the Osmo Pocket and waterproof case for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support Again, we're sorry for all inconvenience caused.
2019-7-25
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing
2019-7-31
Use props
djiuser_TjzfvXu5mGBT
lvl.1
Canada

I have had a similar story. I just received my waterproof case and took into shallow water for 10-15 minutes and some water got into the case. I could see that a bit of water was getting in so I took out my Osmo pocket. Fortunately, my Osmo pocket didn't die but I now have no faith in this case.
2019-8-4
Use props
djiuser_Oife2IefjL4c
lvl.1
France

Hi,

Same issue reported here: https://youtu.be/1IPiiDdkozY
And here: https://youtu.be/sAXdipPSRVs

Both of them seems to be confident about the ring tightening  :/

I'm now concerned.... Just wait and see.
2019-8-4
Use props
Greg Rybicki
New

Malaysia

Same story. Short shallow dive and it leaks. Had a look and seems design flaw. Seal groove is too deep to provide proper clamping force for the seal. Luckily my osmo didn't get any water, moisture absorbing strip saved the day. As soon I'm back from holiday I'm sending it back to DJI and expect money back with an apology.
Almost switched my gopro for dji. Almost!
2019-8-9
Use props
Stefkemac
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi everyone,  UPDATE.
I send the waterproof case and the Osmo Pocket to DJI as they mentioned.
After a few days I got a mail stating :
'After testing and diagnosing your product, DJI will provide you with the free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished in 2 to 3 working days, then the product will be sent back to you.'
With the remark :
Remark: warranty unit, liquid damage, sealing test failed The osmo pocket and battery are suffering from liquid damage, and are required to be replaced due to safety reasons. Please make sure to close tightly the waterproof case before putting it in water next time.'

A few days later I received a new waterproof case (closed packaging) and i think a new Osmo Pocket.(looks new with no used marks and screen protectors but not in box)  I'm glad they replaced it for free but i don't know if i wil use it again underwater.  
2019-8-24
Use props
fansb404714c
New
Flight distance : 2747500 ft
Hong Kong

Stefkemac@mac.com Posted at 8-24 22:07
Hi everyone,  UPDATE.
I send the waterproof case and the Osmo Pocket to DJI as they mentioned.
After a few days I got a mail stating :

Hi, same issue for me. Used the underwater case for 7 or 8 times including 5 dives for which it worked perfectly. On the 8th time it just leaked when I was snorkelling. I set it up the 8th time like I did the first 7 times and it just leaked. It killed my osmo pocket and DJI says there is nothing wrong with the case. They are offering 20% off a new pocket which I of course declined. I will switch to gopro for underwater usage.
The case is poorly designed with a ring instead of a proper seal and a clip.
Too bad, the footage was great.
2019-11-4
Use props
djiuser_s3kMtHQlVOtf
New

Indonesia

Hi same issue as I was exploring a coral reef in Bali dicing no deeper the 2 meters. After only 15 minutes (making sure the case was sealed properly) the case was filled with water... I am currently waiting for a few hours before trying to turn the osmo pocket on. This case is garbage, love the osmo pocket and it has been one of my favorite cameras for the last 7 months but i am very disapointed with DJI and this case! If the camera turns on I will never use the case again and would recomend others not to take the risk... Buy a go pro if you would like to take underwater video...
2020-1-16
Use props
Tamtamhun
lvl.1

Hungary

And my story is that we went on vacation and used the pocket camera for approx. For 5 minutes under the water and only noticed that it was off. It turned out that the original DJI waterproof case was soaked. When I got home, I sent him to the service station, but I didn't care because he was soaked. I wrote to the DJI service and told everything as it happened. They wrote that they wouldn't sneer at it, but I would send it to their service in Germany and it would be inspected. I sent it and found it wet (which I wrote in full detail) and that they regret not repairing a wet camera but they can give me a discount, pay € 321 and get another one. It cost me € 30 to ship it, so I can buy a new camera at home for that. Why did they tell me to send the camera if it wasn't repaired anyway? Can I get my camera back, pay me € 30 again to get my bad camera back? What an attitude this is. Stefkemac wrote here in the forum that he had been solved. Why there is such a difference between solutions. I may never buy a DJI product again! I bought a lot of original accessories
to it, now I don't know what to do with it. I am deeply saddened by this.
2020-2-11
Use props
fans7c6af5c1
New
United States

Hi Same is she here. The case didn’t last 5 minutes. My problem appears to be the o ring too small for the housing. My camera got wet and is in a bag of rice. I hope DJI can resolve the issue with my ruined camera and case o ring. The o ring appears to be 1 mm too small. When stretched into place the cross section ain’t enough to seal with the case tightened down. I have confirmed the case isn’t water tight with tissue test. O Ring is too small. Please help DJI!!!!!!!! Osmo pocket $400 camera $100 plus in accessories and $50 dollar waterproof case. Not to mention the thousands I have in drones and older Osmo devices. Fix this problem before someone is on an expensive trip and the only camera they take is the reliable Osmo pocket instead of a GoPro.
2020-2-16
Use props
Tamtamhun
lvl.1

Hungary

fans7c6af5c1 Posted at 2-16 00:48
Hi Same is she here. The case didn’t last 5 minutes. My problem appears to be the o ring too small for the housing. My camera got wet and is in a bag of rice. I hope DJI can resolve the issue with my ruined camera and case o ring. The o ring appears to be 1 mm too small. When stretched into place the cross section ain’t enough to seal with the case tightened down. I have confirmed the case isn’t water tight with tissue test. O Ring is too small. Please help DJI!!!!!!!! Osmo pocket $400 camera $100 plus in accessories and $50 dollar waterproof case. Not to mention the thousands I have in drones and older Osmo devices. Fix this problem before someone is on an expensive trip and the only camera they take is the reliable Osmo pocket instead of a GoPro.

I went snorkeling in the Red Sea and for the first time ever got wet and stayed without a camera during my expensive trip.
Meanwhile, DJI's answer came, I wrote that I would not ask for a new camera, they wrote that I would have to pay 95 euros and if not the camera. I didn't pay, so they stayed with my camera. So be careful, if they write to send them, ask them if they will fix it. Now I don't have a camera and could have paid another 125 euros to get my bad camera back.
2020-2-20
Use props
s.manchester
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127188 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just had the same issue. I purchased the waterproof housing for a recent trip to Maui. Inserted the Osmo into the housing, secured the top and went snorkeling. Within minutes the Osmo shut off and there was visible water in the housing. Upon returning to the beach the Osmo was dead. Further inspection seems that the water got in where the buttons are and not the screw on portion. Will figure out how to submit to DJI.... hopefully they will do the right thing as I love the pocket. Too bad there’s not a suitable housing available.
2020-2-25
Use props
fans547b1471
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2694 ft
Belize

Same here, did 3 dives without problem, the fourth dive just filled with water.

As a product designer, I would say this is not a good design, the diameter of the O-ring is way smaller than the recessed trough, this means the O-ring will comes out easily without notice. You may pinched the gasket and damaged it. This O-ring design will need some improvement!!!

There're few little retainning ribs for the screw ring, using normal force, you may think it's tightened enough but you may have not passed over the ribs yet. You will need a bit more substantial force to do this. To re-sit the O-ring properly  you will need to push the screw ring out and must remember to screw it back with more force overpassing the retaining ribs.

The gasket interfacing flat surface on the main body have over sprayed black body paint on the 3 and 9 o'clock position gives me a huge concern of water tightness.

The worst thing now is a dead osmo pocket and no more video recording for the remainder of the trip!
2020-3-14
Use props
fans547b1471
lvl.2
Belize

Estelle Lau Posted at 2019-7-23 00:35

There's retaining ribs on the lens side for the screw ring, the added two turns with higher force to get through it. You may think it's tightened as you may not want to use too much of force for the expensive equipment. The should add lock position indicator on the housing!! No guess work for the user. THIS IS NOT A FOOLPROOF DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2020-3-14
Use props
djiuser_ckEMaJRToLhg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bought one of these two weeks ago for filming underwater on holiday in the Western Isles of Scotland whilst snorkelling to use on my business accounts

Six or so swims and no issues. Camera fitted the same way each time and the thread tightened to the same tightness then this morning the camera turned off and wouldn’t come back on. I thought it was the battery but when opened at home it had about a teaspoon of water in the case.

Utterly gutted after spending this much money but now I have no camera and I’d planned to get a lot more footage over the course of this week for my business. Had I known there were so many issues with this device I’d have bought a go pro. I’ve contacted dji to report the problem so we’ll see if they are going to refund or replace or try and fob me off.

I’m fastidious when it came to set up and tightening, doing it all at home before leaving then checking again before entering the water. Really really disappointing
2020-7-21
Use props
Stefkemacmac.com
lvl.2
Belgium

djiuser_ckEMaJRToLhg Posted at 7-21 09:00
Bought one of these two weeks ago for filming underwater on holiday in the Western Isles of Scotland whilst snorkelling to use on my business accounts

Six or so swims and no issues. Camera fitted the same way each time and the thread tightened to the same tightness then this morning the camera turned off and wouldn’t come back on. I thought it was the battery but when opened at home it had about a teaspoon of water in the case.

Sorry to hear of problems. You are not alone, the housing sucks. I never used the housing again underwater. Hope you get a refund or new Osmo but you can never replace the things you missed.

Greetings Stefkemac.
2020-7-21
Use props
Javier79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35673 ft
Spain

I bought my Osmo Pocket on January 25 th,2020.  seven months ago and I was extremely happy with it. I really think is a nice, handful and high quality device. A month ago (July 1st, 2020), I got the Osmo Pocket Waterproof Case as a present and on August 3rd,2020 I tried it for the first time. Everything was good, good images and clips. The second time was at the beach and I really make sure the case was fully- tighted before dive into the water, few seconds later, the Osmo Pocket turned off and I realized the case contains as a tablespoon of water. Osmo Pocket was damaged because of it and never turned on again. Because of that, I could not record anything else during my vacation. No videos, no pictures.. I couldn´t record any from my trip since this situation.

I am extremely dissapointed with this product because I used the housing twice making sure that it was well-tighted even I had done everything suggested in the manual/instructions before use but the Osmo Pocket Waterproof Case was flooded anyway and as a consequence Osmo Pocket didn´t work anymore. I did not expect that DJI could have poor quality in this device.

DJI response was that the Osmo Pocket and battery were suffering from liquid damage and this water damage has not been caused due to any malfunctioning on the units part so my warranty is denied. They let me know that it was my fault and there is not warranty because the ring is missing. Missing? is that my problem? or is the design not appropiate for water?

It was not my fault becuase  I follow all instructions from manuals but they do not trust me. The rubber waterproof ring come out without notice easily. How many people have had same issue? Hundreds of us had the same issue and they only gave us a 15% discount. It's not fair!! I have paid more than 260 euros for Osmo Pocket plus 55 euros for the waterproof case and the response is 15% discount and I should pay 45 euros  for Waterproof housing replacement. That's a fraud!

DJI is having a lot of issue with this housing and other water issues in Osmo Action and always is CUSTOMER´S FAULT!

Now we are waiting for our Osmo Pocket and Housing without any repair. I denied the quotation. It is supposed they are going to send them back to me but we are still waiting since September 8th, 2020.

IT IS NOT FOOLPROOF DESIGN!!! DJI is laughing at us!

See this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IPiiDdkozY&t=1s    (Sad not to see it before)
2020-9-18
Use props
Javier79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35673 ft
Spain

Tamtamhun Posted at 2-11 10:12
And my story is that we went on vacation and used the pocket camera for approx. For 5 minutes under the water and only noticed that it was off. It turned out that the original DJI waterproof case was soaked. When I got home, I sent him to the service station, but I didn't care because he was soaked. I wrote to the DJI service and told everything as it happened. They wrote that they wouldn't sneer at it, but I would send it to their service in Germany and it would be inspected. I sent it and found it wet (which I wrote in full detail) and that they regret not repairing a wet camera but they can give me a discount, pay € 321 and get another one. It cost me € 30 to ship it, so I can buy a new camera at home for that. Why did they tell me to send the camera if it wasn't repaired anyway? Can I get my camera back, pay me € 30 again to get my bad camera back? What an attitude this is. Stefkemac wrote here in the forum that he had been solved. Why there is such a difference between solutions. I may never buy a DJI product again! I bought a lot of original accessories
to it, now I don't know what to do with it. I am deeply saddened by this.

I totally agree with you! I will not buy anything from them either and I will make sure people know this.
2020-9-18
Use props
GL
lvl.2
Canada

Javier79 Posted at 2020-9-18 11:16
I bought my Osmo Pocket on January 25 th,2020.  seven months ago and I was extremely happy with it. I really think is a nice, handful and high quality device. A month ago (July 1st, 2020), I got the Osmo Pocket Waterproof Case as a present and on August 3rd,2020 I tried it for the first time. Everything was good, good images and clips. The second time was at the beach and I really make sure the case was fully- tighted before dive into the water, few seconds later, the Osmo Pocket turned off and I realized the case contains as a tablespoon of water. Osmo Pocket was damaged because of it and never turned on again. Because of that, I could not record anything else during my vacation. No videos, no pictures.. I couldn´t record any from my trip since this situation.

I am extremely dissapointed with this product because I used the housing twice making sure that it was well-tighted even I had done everything suggested in the manual/instructions before use but the Osmo Pocket Waterproof Case was flooded anyway and as a consequence Osmo Pocket didn´t work anymore. I did not expect that DJI could have poor quality in this device.

I had the same problem but they replaced my pocket as well as the case. I studied the failure and identified a better o-ring. I'll feel confident to use it again.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 746&pid=2222060
2021-3-14
Use props
djiuser_mpdgCRmIHON0
New

United States

Same problem. Snorkelling yesterday. First time I’ve used the case and it flooded. My pocket 2 is now not working. When I opened the case it looks like the orange seal is broken. Waiting for DJI to contact me.
2021-3-14
Use props
djiuser_8xE74BapJjWN
New

Netherlands

Stefkemac@mac.com Posted at 2019-7-23 09:08
As I mentioned I was checking the housing if it was still good closed. (By fastening the ring) If I check it only after the dive it is to late.

Hey hey,

Where did you send your casing, and osmo pocket to? I tried it also in the waters of the netherlands and have the same story... Tightened it really tight but the casing still leaked

Could you give me some info on how you proceeded?

Kind regards,

Marcus from Amsterdam
2021-7-26
Use props
Polo Aguilar
lvl.1
Mexico

I have the same problem here, I took a vacation to Turkey this summer and use the case maybe 2 times before it actually got  fill with water, of course there was nothing to do the rest of the trip, plus now  I don't know if its worth it to send it  for service, has anyone repairs theirs? how much did it cost?  I already move  back to go pro, but will really like to know if the problem can be fix,  I don't understand why did they gave us the idea that  it was safe to use the Osmo underwater, they should have never made a housing  for it in the first place.
2021-11-14
Use props
djiuser_9lpzMpb1zSWt
New

New Zealand

Just got back from the Cook Islands with a drowned Pocket 2. Luckily card is fine but gutted I have lost my two month old pal. DJI, when will you sort the faulty housing issue? Is there an alternative O ring we can use? Underwater videos and photos are very good.
2022-5-1
Use props
djiuser_DDbYAxoGo7Hu
New
Morocco

Had the same issue but the ring wasn't tightened fully and has killed it what do i do now (pocket 2 with pokcet 2 waterproof case)
4-7 04:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules