Programmed Panning
1543 12 2019-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Although it has been casually mentioned before in replies to other topics, I wanted to start a thread of its own.

I would like to see the ability to program a video path, in the same manner that one does motion time lapse. It would be a great feature to shoot events, such as concerts, parades, parties and some sports.

One would think it wouldn't be too difficult to add code to the Mimo app and/or the Pocket firmware. I'm sure the hardware can handle it.

If anyone agrees and would like such a feature, let's talk it up and maybe get DJI's attention.
2019-7-22
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

I'd love this feature too.
It just needs the same duration setting, path points but to record as a standard video instead of time-lapse
2019-7-22
Use props
Jet Set Ron
lvl.1
Canada

I would love to see this feature also!!
2019-7-22
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I would think there would be more interest.
2019-7-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I guess it would be handy if you wanted to  have a shot panning across some kind of view, and ending with the gimbal pointing at yourself looking at the view (not down at the phone you were remotely controlling the Pocket with!).  Yes, that could be handy.
2019-7-24
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Count me in. I would love to have that function...
2019-7-24
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

It would indeed be an awesome feature. I have a few ideas where it could be really useful!
2019-7-25
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I want this feature too in OP alone.
TBH I believed that Pocket may have many patterns included to shoot using automatic gimbal movement since it has.. a gimbal. It is easy to make that. Path for camera to follow. Sad it is limited to timelapse. It would be great to create like f.e. 10 seconds video that shoots wide landscape and include it to videos. Or even minutes long path.

I hope this will be added to Pocket.
2019-7-25
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Honestly I would be glad to have this functionality even if it is on the app side only. I understand that adding functions to the firmware can be a bit tricky; yet I believe it would be fairly easy to implement something like this on the app (all the infrastructure is already there).  Even basic automated pan, tilt and roll functions would be a blessing...
2019-7-26
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

I would like to see this function also
2019-7-26
Use props
fansb72067f4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

+1. From a videographers perspective this would be a very valuable feature. It would be no hardship if this could only be accessed via the app.
2019-7-28
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Count me in...
2019-7-29
Use props
GD NOOBS
lvl.4