Huge disappointment from the customer service
1624 12 2019-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tonči “tv123” Vukić
lvl.2

Croatia

Ok I'm gonna start with the fact that just few months earlier I praised DJI repair service as well as support team for resolving my problem but just now i learned how everything like that had to be too good to be true. I usually don't complain or am some kind of a petty guy but what I can't stand is being lied to the face from incompetent team who is unable to answer me few very simple questions.

So let me get back to the past where, as it seems all problems started. Last winter I crashed my drone and sent it to the repair team, which went pretty smooth, fast and really nice. I got the invoice for the broken parts, which I, all fair and sqare, paid 220 euro for repairment and got my drone at March. Once I recieved the drone first thing I did was bought DJI Refresh Care to secure it in the future. While doing so I noticed it had different serial number meaning I never got my old drone repaired but rather new unit (probably refurbished unit) which turned out to be a really really bad one. After only 1 month is started having occasional laggy image transmissions but pictures and videos were coming out all right. And so I was using till June when screen went black. Now finally here is what currently is bothering me much and why I'm so eager to write this. I want people to know what they could be facing after getting DJI Care Refresh. My drone image transmission went black DURING flight. During flight I managed to get few fine photos and then while getting next one I got one with purple stripes all over it and then it went black. After trying several options I was advised to sent to for diagnostics and so I did it. DJI next statements shocked me:''Remark: NO WARRANTY: Crash damage. No liquid damage. Lower shell damaged. Gimbal arm module damaged. Gimbal module damaged.'' Invoice: DJI Care Refresh Mavic Replacement: 100 E.
Yes I was told my drone crashed even it didn't and apparently drone gimbal can break by itself during flight. I wasn't satisfied with the answer and I want to prove that my drone never crashed. I have synced my flight records in app, uploaded cached images and flight record folder to provide them valid proof that drone never crashed and that image transmission went wrong not by users error but rather faulty unit.

Cached images: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uElwpJ-gNm6mIawMS4qX30FFy858LSFt?usp=sharing
Flight records: https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... JR_T_BY?usp=sharing
Inside cached images there are few fine photos, few black and few photos with purple stripes over it.
And so i though, this should be more then enough to prove that drone was faulty unit but no, I was wrong. First I had to wait 2 weeks for them to analyze and once they did, this is the I got:
dji mail 1.png

There was NO accidents found, drone landed propertly and never crashed or collided into anything. Now if you are wondering what damage was found on the drone, just wait to be enlightened.

dji mail 2.png
unnamed.png unnamed (1).png

And so here is my problem. Yes DJI is insisting on me paying for new drone thanks to those few scratches on bottom that are sign of drone usage and few camera scratches made by nd filters. They are acting like ''Yeah yeah yea, whatever, you have DJI Care Refresh just pay for new one and thats it.'' Well I'm throwing 100 euro and 1 out of 2 Care Refresh replacement units because I got defected pile of plastic just 3 months earlier.
So thank you DJI for revealing me how mediocre you quality is. After 2 months of your support team chewing me like a gum I'm tired of everything and is willing to end this by selling the drone and giving a chance to a different drone company.

dji repair.png
2019-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It seems very strange that on these two scuff marks and the proof accepted that you didn’t crash, that dji would refuse to accept your case as a warranty, I mean how would these two scuff marks interfere with transmission.
It’s unbelievable. I hope a moderator can step in here and get them to have a rethink on their decision, I wish you luck and hope you can get some satisfaction.
2019-7-23
Use props
Tonči “tv123” Vukić
lvl.2

Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 7-23 08:25
It seems very strange that on these two scuff marks and the proof accepted that you didn’t crash, that dji would refuse to accept your case as a warranty, I mean how would these two scuff marks interfere with transmission.
It’s unbelievable. I hope a moderator can step in here and get them to have a rethink on their decision, I wish you luck and hope you can get some satisfaction.

Exactly. Weirdest part is that they concluded that there was no crash, yet they demand for me to pay for new unit. Its not like i want new unit, i want my screen transmission back. Scuff marks is something i can live with.
2019-7-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I believe what you are claiming.  However, the marks on the camera are NOT from ND filter use.  Filters go on and come off without scratching.  The main problem is that they apparently sent you a refurb that was not completely repaired.  Further, you apparently did not immediately take action on the fact that it was beat up when it was received, supposedly repaired.  They clearly didn't repair it completely.  It appears that, if facts are as you state, they are trying to recover their money from you for something that you did not do.  It is a bad deal, and it is going to be hard to prove that you did not cause the problem, unfortunately.
2019-7-23
Use props
Tonči “tv123” Vukić
lvl.2

Croatia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 7-23 09:25
I believe what you are claiming.  However, the marks on the camera are NOT from ND filter use.  Filters go on and come off without scratching.  The main problem is that they apparently sent you a refurb that was not completely repaired.  Further, you apparently did not immediately take action on the fact that it was beat up when it was received, supposedly repaired.  They clearly didn't repair it completely.  It appears that, if facts are as you state, they are trying to recover their money from you for something that you did not do.  It is a bad deal, and it is going to be hard to prove that you did not cause the problem, unfortunately.

Sorry to disappoint you but marks indeed come from nd filters since i just recently got polars. I used DJI ones for quite some time and they made marks. (https://www.multicopterwarehouse ... -filter-set-part-39). If fly logs and pictures from that same day doesnt prove anything what else can? I mean I DO have both fine and bad photos from the SAME flight meaning something went wrong at that flight.
2019-7-23
Use props
Tonči “tv123” Vukić
lvl.2

Croatia

I think im the one here who should get the explaination and how is it possible that gimbal module broke in the flight as they said at first.
2019-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Tonči “tv123” Vukić Posted at 7-23 08:38
Exactly. Weirdest part is that they concluded that there was no crash, yet they demand for me to pay for new unit. Its not like i want new unit, i want my screen transmission back. Scuff marks is something i can live with.

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with us.  We already forwarded this issue to the Designated Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-7-23
Use props
djiuser_bZkRCpiJ7jix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1161 ft

Cameroon

Error camera sensor
2019-7-23
Use props
djiuser_bZkRCpiJ7jix
lvl.1

Cameroon

Good evening please, I have a big problem with my Phantom 4
Indeed after the update of my Phantom 4 ja camera is dead I am not used if you already had a similar problem
Please help me solve this problem
The error message that is displayed to me is error camera sensor
2019-7-23
Use props
djiuser_bZkRCpiJ7jix
lvl.1

Cameroon

Good evening please, I have a big problem with my Phantom 4
Indeed after the update of my Phantom 4 ja camera is dead I am not used if you already had a similar problem
Please help me solve this problem
The error message that is displayed to me is error camera sensor
2019-7-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Tonči “tv123” Vukić Posted at 7-23 09:39
Sorry to disappoint you but marks indeed come from nd filters since i just recently got polars. I used DJI ones for quite some time and they made marks. (https://www.multicopterwarehouse ... -filter-set-part-39). If fly logs and pictures from that same day doesnt prove anything what else can? I mean I DO have both fine and bad photos from the SAME flight meaning something went wrong at that flight.

Sorry to disappoint you but marks indeed come from nd filters since i just recently got polars.

Very strange.  I've been running PolarPro full time for a couple of years.  They fit like a glove and have not created even micro-scratches on the edges of the lens frame.  I don't get it.  
2019-7-23
Use props
Tonči “tv123” Vukić
lvl.2

Croatia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 7-23 19:06
Sorry to disappoint you but marks indeed come from nd filters since i just recently got polars.

Very strange.  I've been running PolarPro full time for a couple of years.  They fit like a glove and have not created even micro-scratches on the edges of the lens frame.  I don't get it.

Like I said. I just recently got polars. Yeah they do fit perfectly but those marks are not from polars but from DJI filters. Link is above.
2019-7-23
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Re the ND filter marks - some filter brands use a metal gridded inner securing ring, some use nylon. I've had to clip the inner ring so as to have just enough play to not scratch the surfaces when installing and taking off.
2019-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules