3434 14 2019-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fat Controller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155246 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I went for a hike today along the North Antrim coast from Dunseverick to The Giant's Causeway. Just as I was removing the Osmo Pocket from its case a large horsefly sunk its jaws into my hand. I felft the nip and swatted it off, causing the Osmo to fly out of the case and drop hard onto the rough stone path. I thought 'here we go, I've broken it' but no, it was fine. There are a couple of scratches on the body of the camera and the gimbal but no major damage, good news the lens is OK. I have checked the footage and it's fine, I'll post it when I've had a chance to edit it. For now, you can view the route on Wikiloc here.
2019-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dropped mine on it’s head on concrete in Spain, one small dent but everything working fine, it’s not as delicate as we might think .
2019-7-23
Use props
thortschman
lvl.2
Germany

I lost mine while skiing in the snow. Found it seconds later full of snow. Recording was still running and works perfectly.
2019-7-23
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have also found my OP to be very durable. I have used it while running around New York City and spent a lot of time at Disney theme parks. I’m not super careful and it’s held up very well. I’ve even used it in some light rain with no issues.
2019-7-23
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Osmo Pocket Crash Test

2019-7-23
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've dropped mine on asphalt and cement and few times and it's fine. Lots of scratches but works perfectly.
2019-7-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you should drop your Pocket, check subsequent recordings carefully to make sure the sensor is how it should be.

I inadvertently dropped mine after only a couple of weeks use, and thereafter there was a soft focus issue on the right 1/3 of the image (the rest of the image was perfectly in focus). I provided examples to my local camera dealer (who I bought the Pocket from), it was sent away for inspection, and a brand new one was returned. Image was perfect again - phew!
2019-7-23
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-7-23
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

Goog to know! But I will not test it...
2019-7-24
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Great, so now I can record whilst in a mosh pit without anxiety
2019-7-24
Use props
Fat Controller
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've already tested mine once, don't plan on doing it again, but the video Curt1591 posted shows it's even more solid than I thought it was  
2019-7-24
Use props
Fat Controller
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Neo Supreme Posted at 7-24 05:57
Great, so now I can record whilst in a mosh pit without anxiety

I'm thinking that if I get mugged I'll be able to bash my assailant over the head with it.
2019-7-24
Use props
Vjah
lvl.2
France

I dropped mine on tiles several times now but it doesn't even have a scratch and everything works perfectly I was very surprised
2019-7-25
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

My osmo pocket dropped today on the ground from 2 meters straight on gimbal head. After closer look everthing seems ok stabilization works and camera is ok.

2019-7-25
Use props
Fat Controller
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LookAt_Wictim Posted at 7-25 09:51
My osmo pocket dropped today on the ground from 2 meters straight on gimbal head. After closer look everthing seems ok stabilization works and camera is ok.

The damage to mine was similar. It just  helps to give a well-used look to your equipment.
2019-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules