Osmo Action setting Timelapse Frame Rate
4057 7 2019-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4941 ft
Netherlands

Is it possible to set the frame rate in the Osmo Action Cam Timelapese mode?  I have so far been unable to find a setting to change the rate from what seems to be 30 fps.  Since I live in a PAL region I would like all my videos to be in the PAL format e.g. 25 fps or appropriate multiples of it.
2019-7-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not that I'm aware of. In practice it should make little difference unless perhaps the video is being publicly broadcast where some companies might still require the PAL standard. As most broadcasts now are digital there isn't quite the same market for PAL analogue standard.
2019-7-24
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

I believe not, at least as of now. You will have to "remux" the output video to your desired frame rate. This simply means changing the settings in the container (from 30fps to 25fps) without touching the actual video stream. There is no quality loss of course, as you simply repackage the same video file; but it is another step of processing.

Since the "timing" of the timelapse video is totally arbitrary, you don't have to worry about matching the 30fps speed (just spread the frames, using all of them). You will get a slower output, but you won't have to drop frames...
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, changing the fps during timelapse is not possible, however, this has already been forwarded to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for understanding.
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_szVlgwEZhqFZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8944 ft
United States

Try the timed photo function as a workaround maybe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptyg9zeMjnY
2019-7-26
Use props
kimoincali
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8944 ft
United States

Also more here on a manual timelapse via the timed photo:  https://youtu.be/65ubMnbdiHw?t=97
2019-7-26
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I created a timelapse or perhaps hyperlapse using a standard video file but found a third party program to extract every X frame as a jpg, then stitched those together using a video editor into a video which works like a timelapse - or perhaps hyperlapse since I was walking when I filmed it.
2019-7-27
Use props
Pugilares
lvl.2

Poland

ff22 Posted at 2019-7-27 08:15
I created a timelapse or perhaps hyperlapse using a standard video file but found a third party program to extract every X frame as a jpg, then stitched those together using a video editor into a video which works like a timelapse - or perhaps hyperlapse since I was walking when I filmed it.

I would like to do time-lapse with interval less than 0,5 sec and it seems not possible on Osmo Action. Also hyper lapse x10 gives me video way too fast for me. I would love to do hyper lapse x5 or x2,5 and it doesn't seem possible with Osmo Action.
2020-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules