Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wifi Base + audio adapter + external mic do's not function
3754 14 2019-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jessejames
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144970 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hello, when I connect an external microphone to the 3.5 mm DJI audio adapter on the USB port of the Osmo Pocket's Wi-Fi base, the sound is not picked up by the external microphone but by the camera's internal microphone. When I connect the microphone directly with the adapter without the Wifi base, it works correctly.

It is important that the USB port located on the Wifi base, transmits the signal from the microphone to the camera especially if it is used on your ROD Extension where it is almost mandatory to use the WIFI base to see what you are shooting.

Thank you for your help and or update to make it work properly.

Best regards.

Bonjour, lorsque je connecte un micro externe sur l'adaptateur audio DJI 3.5 mm sur le port USB de la base Wi-fi de l'Osmo Pocket , le son n'est pas capter par le micro externe mais par le micro interne de la caméra. Lorsque je connecte directement le micro avec l'adaptateur sans la base Wifi, cela fonctionne correctement.

Il est important que le port USB situé sur la base Wifi, transmette le signal du micro à la caméra surtout si celle-ci est utilisée sur votre Extension ROD où il est presque obligatoire d'utiliser la base WIFI pour voir ce que l'on filme.

Merci pour votre aide et ou la mise à jour pour faire en sorte que cela fonctionne correctement.

Meilleures salutations.

Jesse

2019-7-24
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

The USB C connector on the back of the WIFI base is for power only.  
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry to inform you that you can't connect the 3.5mm adapter microphone while using the wireless module. It's recommended to connect the 3,5mm adapter directly to the Osmo Pocket and use your preferred third-party microphones. Thank you for understanding.
2019-7-24
Use props
brianmatiash
lvl.1
United States

Is there any chance of getting this functionality to work via a future F/W update? It boggles my mind that I can't use the official DJI 3.5mm adapter when connected to the official DJI Wifi Base that is connected to the official DJI Osmo Pocket, which is mounted to the official DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod.

In essence, you're forcing me to choose between whether I can use the larger display of my phone or the improved audio of my external mic. Unless there is some mysterious hardware limitation that I'm missing, the USB-C bus should easily handle passing through audio via your official adapter.
2019-7-26
Use props
rinamiele
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Brian M and others. We shouldn’t have to choose between using Phone as screen (WiFi adapter) or using an external mic.

If a firmware update isn’t possible, there should be a voluntary recall program where people can swap out the WiFi base with one that allows use of the 3.5mm mic adapter in the USB-C port.

This is an absurd limitation especially considering the price of these items!
2019-7-26
Use props
fans209d8b13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 616562 ft
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Tony Posted at 7-24 16:04
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry to inform you that you can't connect the 3.5mm adapter microphone while using the wireless module. It's recommended to connect the 3,5mm adapter directly to the Osmo Pocket and use your preferred third-party microphones. Thank you for understanding.

It’s very sad to hear that.
Any chance to change it, make an adapter or something?
2019-8-26
Use props
Mark Buchanan
New
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 7-24 16:04

That is absolutely ridiculous and very bad faith from DJI. You are brilliant engineers so you could make this function properly if you wanted to.
You have a great system with the wifi base and extension rod - it is simply lazy design to disable the audio adapter - which is itself a very poor design.
Come on DJI - Try harder!
2019-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Fa2lEvtkF8bV
lvl.1
Italy

I totally agree! That's absurd! Come on Dji! Try harder!
2019-12-14
Use props
Curtis-Randall.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155663 ft
  • >>>
United States

-
2019-12-14
Use props
ALLAN C.
New

France

I'm in the same case. I've got thé osmo pocket, the osmo pocket wireless module , thé osmo pocket mic adapter to use with my rode wireless go...
And it's a shame i can't use my wireless wifi module with m'y mic adapter.
These item are very expensive, so why I've to choose ?
Dji do something and take time to tell us if it will be possible to make an update or a new wifi module.
If you continue to ignore the customers , they will go to look after Xiaomi fimi palm ....
2020-1-23
Use props
Tyrais
New

United States

There’s a guy on YouTube who teaches you how to DIY your wireless module to where the female USB C port will power a mic as well as transmit wirelessly. I’m just not brave enough to attempt any of it. It’s insane we have to go through this to begin with. I figured DJI would have thought about something like this ahead of time. Unless you’re just going to sell us another attachment
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_pHrvrJPGV5qj
New
Finland

I am hoping that this issue will be solved by DJI. I would be disappointed, after all the positive things from DJI, if this turns out to not work. If the customer community ends up being the one whos paying. Well im sure we all agree without words
2020-1-27
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_pHrvrJPGV5qj Posted at 1-27 08:54
I am hoping that this issue will be solved by DJI. I would be disappointed, after all the positive things from DJI, if this turns out to not work. If the customer community ends up being the one whos paying. Well im sure we all agree without words

Hello!
I am bringing this up again.

Dear DJI,
is there any chance to get this running with a future FW-update?
2020-2-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It's a hardware issue, not firmware.
2020-2-19
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-19 02:19
It's a hardware issue, not firmware.

Sorry, but this seems rather unrealistic.
Why should DJI install on the WiFi-module a specific USB-C port,
with limited functionality? This would cost more than a standard
port out of the shelf.
2020-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules