896 8 2019-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I often facing the problem with the smartcontroller that when the drone is in the air and when i press the record button or change from video to photo, or it is not working or when i press the button there is a delay , meaning recording starts a few seconds after i ptessed the recordbutton.
Also the app sometimes shuts down , i have to
Land the drone ,turn everything off and refresh the app.
Anybody has same problems?
Is it maybe after turning on the sc , i turn on the drone too fast or in a  different order?
Normaly i turn on the sc , activate dji go app and turn on the drone
2019-7-25
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I notice an unacceptable delay when trying to access Go 4 app menus on the Smart Controller, sometimes up to 3 secs or more before the app responds. The tendency is to touch the ... icon twice because of the slow response, resulting in an absurd loop of appearing / disappearing menus.
Notably the response time on the Smart Contoller for any menus / settings outside of the Go 4 app is immediate.
Haven't experienced the Go 4 app shutting down.
Also I use the hardware buttons to start video recording or capturing photos, no delay there.
I activate the drone first, followed by the Smart Controller.
DJI please fix this Go 4 app response delay asap, it is not enabling efficient control when the drone is airborne.
Mavic 2 Pro
Go 4 app 4.3.16
2019-7-25
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I have the same issues described by both of you guys above.
2019-7-26
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans8b803c8d Posted at 7-25 18:35
I notice an unacceptable delay when trying to access Go 4 app menus on the Smart Controller, sometimes up to 3 secs or more before the app responds. The tendency is to touch the ... icon twice because of the slow response, resulting in an absurd loop of appearing / disappearing menus.
Notably the response time on the Smart Contoller for any menus / settings outside of the Go 4 app is immediate.
Haven't experienced the Go 4 app shutting down.

Just 1 question , how many gb sd card do you have put in the smartcontroller?
2019-7-26
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro. You're suggesting the capacity of the micro SD card might make a difference to the Go 4 app's touch screen response time?
2019-7-27
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Could be , i had sd sandisk 128 gb and changed it to 32gb. In first look , it seemed to response better, but i have to fly and test a little bit more in the next few weeks.
But then again in the sc manual it says it supports 128gb
2019-7-27
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks for the feedback, very interesting. The Go 4 app response delay on the Smart Controller touch screen is also apparent on the ground on my devices so I did a comparison test with and without the 64GB micro SD card in the SC slot.
Result:
With 64GB card in SC slot - response time between touching the ... icon for General Settings and the menu appearing is about 5 to 6 secs.
Without the 64GB card in the SC slot - response time is almost immediate, less than 1 sec.

DJI, would you kindly offer an explanation? Report it to the engineers? Better still provide a fix?
2019-7-27
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Update to previous post. After removing the 64GB micro SD card for testing and re-inserting it into the Smart Controller the Go 4 app touch screen response time is now okay.

These seemingly random and quirky glitches are something of a concern and in this case the micro SD card would be the last thing I would think to check.

DJI can you please look into this?
2019-7-27
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

This could be an issue indeed for dji to look into and if this is the case , they should delete the 64 gb and 128 gb micro sd card out of the specifications in the manual.
The reason i asked what sd card  is used in the sc is , that a friend of mine has also the sc and i never heard him facing this problem . So i start comparing(deleting caches , switched of bluetooth etc etc) and discovered he was using a 16gb sd card and i was using the 128 gb. And as far as i know this was the only difference. Now i know there are several people now testing a new beta version of the smartcontroller, can someone test this and double check if  this is indeed the problem , or the dji engineers can do this?
2019-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules