606 5 2019-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Having had both these accessories for just a week, my initial opinion.
UW Housing.
First the cost, judging it on engineering and build and design , I find them very competitively priced for what you get.

Second ease of use , both items are very straight forward and basically do what it says on the tin, set up for UW housing is basically go to menu turn on UW icon and load to housing turn on and your ready to go .
Some have said the OP is very tight going in and out of housing, honestly I didn’t find any problems with this, yes it’s a tight fit but this is clearly needed so as unit won’t freely move around in the UW housing, when taking it out you just treat it as you would anything that cost this amount of money and be careful and precise.

Third, how it worked, I just tried it at my daughters swimming pool , water was very clear so film came out pretty good, if I get a chance to upload next week I will try it out this weekend in Atlantic Ocean provided weather is acceptable for boat and I will post. But I have to say I would be quite happy with footage.

Overall, if your interested in watersports or filiming close to or in the water I think you would find this quite acceptable and a great addition to your Osmo. It’s not a pro tool andyou shouldn’t expect it to be, but it’s a very decent piece of engineering which will enhance film making for most hobbyists.

Extension Rod.
First cost build, I believe this is a fair price for this well made piece of equipment that should greatly enhance your film making. It’s really well built .

Ease of use, a little more work is needed to master this, but you will become familiar with controls pretty quickly, the simple fact that the stretch post is so well fitted and it’s just a matter of seconds to stretch out with no awkward turning and twisting is a big help here, those twist to tighten are a royal pain .loading phone no problem and no need to remove any cases I use a quite thick otter case and it fit perfectly, buttons are positioned perfectly and easy to use, I have the old Osmo bottom half tripod legs which give me an extra 6 inches but also is great for just sitting it down or even taking motion lapse so I would recommend anyone getting one to purchase third party tripod legs, they are fairly cheap.

How it worked, for me I think this is the tool hobbyists will get the most out of, you can easily create some really nice long cinematic footage using this, it has so many uses and for the creative it knows no bounds, I just discovered that usin* the controls in FPV mode it’s pretty easy to complete a 360 roll which all ronin users were raving on about, but really it’s limitless, and as someone who is long sighted I found using it without the phone and no glasses that I could see small screen much better , and I really enjoyed using it without phone.

When I get a chance I will put some footage together.

Overall if your thinking of buying either or both, I don’t think you’ll be sorry, but I would say that you will get great use out of Extension Rod and perhaps more value.

Just my 2p worth .

2019-7-25
Use props
Vjah
lvl.2
France

Hi! Do you have another method than pulling it out of the case by the gimbal part? Even while being careful (I really don't want to have to buy another one) I don't feel like it's the best thing to do
Maybe mine is too tight...it leaves marks on the "soft part" of my OP under the buttons
2019-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Vjah Posted at 7-25 09:19
Hi! Do you have another method than pulling it out of the case by the gimbal part? Even while being careful (I really don't want to have to buy another one) I don't feel like it's the best thing to do
Maybe mine is too tight...it leaves marks on the "soft part" of my OP under the buttons

I don’t have any special way of putting in or out, and yes there’s a slight marking on my rubber end of my Osmo, but have found that just simply rubbing the rubber it goes away, you could try some tape on the rubber but it’s only going to make it tighter, maybe there’s a lube out there that might work, I see what your saying but for me being tight will insure no movements , it might be the price to pay.
2019-7-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2019-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain