Suddenly can’t power up
586 9 2019-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oacar myer
lvl.1

Canada

Greetings fellow pilots.
I flew my Phantom 4 on Tuesday without any problems. Today,Thursday,my remote wifi not power up. Nor will the bird. When I press the post button twice on the rc the rc the lights flash like it’s gonna go for a second but then they go out. All the batteries are fully charged both the rc and the bird. I’m also trying to fly in the exact same spot as the other day. What could possibly happen to sudden give me this problem? I’m scratching my head over this and hope one of the pros here can help me out. Much appreciated!!!
/OM
2019-7-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

When you press the post button twice?  
2019-7-25
Use props
oacar myer
lvl.1

Canada

Yes... pressing the button twice. Like I said, two days ago it was working fine. Now... nothing. I just can’t understand why.

Thanks so much for the reply!!! Much appreciated

/OM
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that you had. However, it's glad to know that you've found out the problem. You may also refer to this screenshot for turning on the battery and remote controller. Please let us know if you have further concerns.

2019-7-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

oacar myer Posted at 7-25 13:10
Yes... pressing the button twice. Like I said, two days ago it was working fine. Now... nothing. I just can’t understand why.

Thanks so much for the reply!!! Much appreciated

It is not a case of pressing the button twice, you press the button briefly, release it and then press it again and HOLD it until the device powers up.
2019-7-25
Use props
oacar myer
lvl.1

Canada

Geebax Posted at 7-25 14:03
It is not a case of pressing the button twice, you press the button briefly, release it and then press it again and HOLD it until the device powers up.

Thanks for the great comeback... so much appreciated! And yes,it worked when I followed your instructions. I’ve never had this problem before but obviously I was doing it wrong today.

That being said, I have come across another problem. Everything was going great during my flight until it was time to return to home. All the lady’s voice says is “landing” and that’s exactly what it does. It lands but not where the low point that it recorded before takeoff. At first I thought that I was the problem by tapping on the wrong button...I’ve done this in the past, I’m ashamed to say. So I put it up again, making sure I was tapping the correct button. Same problem. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that there’s a setting somewhere that may have been changed, but what do I know?
2019-7-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

oacar myer Posted at 7-25 17:18
Thanks for the great comeback... so much appreciated! And yes,it worked when I followed your instructions. I’ve never had this problem before but obviously I was doing it wrong today.

That being said, I have come across another problem. Everything was going great during my flight until it was time to return to home. All the lady’s voice says is “landing” and that’s exactly what it does. It lands but not where the low point that it recorded before takeoff. At first I thought that I was the problem by tapping on the wrong button...I’ve done this in the past, I’m ashamed to say. So I put it up again, making sure I was tapping the correct button. Same problem. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that there’s a setting somewhere that may have been changed, but what do I know?

There is a setting that determines whether the aircraft returns to home, or lands where it is. Also, if you hit Return To Home while the aircraft is less than 20 Metes away, it will NOT fly back home and land, it will land where it is currently.
2019-7-25
Use props
oacar myer
lvl.1

Canada

Geebax Posted at 7-25 18:08
There is a setting that determines whether the aircraft returns to home, or lands where it is. Also, if you hit Return To Home while the aircraft is less than 20 Metes away, it will NOT fly back home and land, it will land where it is currently.

Thank you for this... I’m going to give it another try tomorrow and will then let you know how things work out.

/OM
2019-7-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Maybe you should give the manual a good read and study.
2019-7-26
Use props
oacar myer
lvl.1

Canada

Alabama... indeed the manual may be a very useful tool for me to use in this situation. But the problem with that is I’m currently in the country and have very limited internet access. I do have the manual at home and will be sure to go through it when I return.

Another thing that is not helping my cause is the fact that this is the first time flying in over a year. I’m not an experienced pilot to begin with so a lot of things that I knew last year have been forgotten. But with a little practice and the help I get on this great forum I’m sure I’m sure I’ll be up to snuff in no time
2019-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules