RONIN SC & IPHONE X
3375 19 2019-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Graphite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 629642 ft
Portugal

hello i bought a ronin sc, to use with my sony a6300, i was able to activate it with a friends OnePlus 7 phone, however i cant conet my iphone X to the ronin, im  able to see it on bluetooth, but when open the app say disconnected an cant find the ronin, i tried ios version 12.3.1 and also 12.4 no luck, i even tried with ios 13 beta 3, still no luck, i tried with anothe iphone x, same thing, tried with an iphone 7, same thing, the i tried with an iphone xs and it worked on ios 12.3.1, updated and worked with ios 12.4. can anyone help me with this whats wrong, i cant use the ronin, calibrate it etc because i cand connect, whoever it works with iphone xs and also with ipad pro 11inch...
so with 3 diferent iphones didnt work, only with xs, and with ipad pro...
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Graphite, sorry for the difficulties on connecting the APP, may I verify if you have enabled all the access to Ronin APP during the installation including the GPS? May we have a screenshot of the error message?
2019-7-26
Use props
Graphite
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-26 01:15
Hi Graphite, sorry for the difficulties on connecting the APP, may I verify if you have enabled all the access to Ronin APP during the installation including the GPS? May we have a screenshot of the error message?

Hello there I’m sharing two videos:
https://mega.nz/#F!TEMR1CQB!qPfRPwLp8w5gI4w-b2lO5g

One connecting to an iPhone X, the other one connecting to an iPad Pro,

I’ve tried several iPhones and the only one I was able to connect was an iPhone XS..
It’s very strange, I followed the instructions when the ronin arrived and I was not able to connect, I had to borrow an one plus 7 for activating the ronin.,.
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Graphite Posted at 7-30 16:10
Hello there I’m sharing two videos:
https://mega.nz/#F!TEMR1CQB!qPfRPwLp8w5gI4w-b2lO5g

Unfortunately, we do not have access to this link, any chance to upload to Google Drive or Dropbox? Thank you.
2019-7-31
Use props
Graphite
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-31 02:19
Unfortunately, we do not have access to this link, any chance to upload to Google Drive or Dropbox? Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... oD5DNTdMUVQd5VKFRsT

here you go.... please reply... i cant use my iPhone ON the ronin...

2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Graphite Posted at 7-31 13:52
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... oD5DNTdMUVQd5VKFRsT

Just to verify, did you disable all the other Bluetooth when connecting to iPhone X? When you enable the Bluetooth in your phone, please enter the Ronin APP directly to see if the Bluetooth can be connected.
2019-8-3
Use props
Graphite
lvl.2
Portugal

Yes.. i even tried with a fresh installed iPhone X.. same thing.. iPhone 7, same thing.. only worked with iPhone xs and iPad.
2019-8-3
Use props
djiuser_NcTdHjpFABUG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I am Han and I have similar issues:

My iphone XR does connect on bluetooth, but the app does not find “a compatible device”.
I did select the ronin sc in the top of the app.

It connected once this afternoon after about 20 tries, resetting bluetooth parameters etc etc.
But now it has the same issue again and I do not get it connected in the app, for it doesn’t seem to find it.

I did notice the ronin comes up in bluetooth as RONIN_SC-03003R and not something like ronin-sc, could that be an issue?

I cannot use the ronin now, please help
2019-8-3
Use props
Graphite
lvl.2
Portugal

djiuser_NcTdHjpFABUG Posted at 8-3 09:24
Hi,

I am Han and I have similar issues:

I was never able to connect... can only connect the ipad, with yhe iphone no luck... and i tried several iphones from friends and even a new one from the box.. so the problem is not on the iphone...

2019-8-3
Use props
djiuser_NcTdHjpFABUG
lvl.4
Netherlands

Graphite Posted at 8-3 14:39
I was never able to connect... can only connect the ipad, with yhe iphone no luck... and i tried several iphones from friends and even a new one from the box.. so the problem is not on the iphone...

Hi Graphite

I think I know what I did wrong.
I quess I interpreted the manual wrong.

I thought I needed to connect in the bluetooth settings to the ronin, but you dont need to do that.
You can check there if the ronin is announcing itself there.
Dont connect.

The app seems to search for announcing devices and makes the connection itself.
The procedure that works for me instantly, is open the app, make it connect with the ronin switched off (certainly no bluetooth connection active anymore), it searches for compatible devices, switch ronin on and.... boom! Connection. Instantly. Like expected from DJI.

You can also have the ronin switched on already, as long as you do not make the bluetooth connection manually.

Not sure if your issue is same though.

Perhaps, i hope, it helps.
2019-8-4
Use props
djiuser_NcTdHjpFABUG
lvl.4
Netherlands

Graphite Posted at 8-3 14:39
I was never able to connect... can only connect the ipad, with yhe iphone no luck... and i tried several iphones from friends and even a new one from the box.. so the problem is not on the iphone...

Hi Graphite

I quess I interpreted the manual wrong.

I thought I needed to connect in the bluetooth settings to the ronin, but you dont need to do that.
You can check there if the ronin is announcing itself there.
Dont connect.

The app seems to search for announcing devices and makes the connection itself.
The procedure that works for me instantly, is open the app, make it connect with the ronin switched off (certainly no bluetooth connection active anymore), it searches for compatible devices, switch ronin on and.... boom! Connection. Instantly. Like expected from DJI.

You can also have the ronin switched on already, as long as you do not make the bluetooth connection manually.

Not sure if your issue is same though.

Perhaps, i hope, it helps.
2019-8-4
Use props
Graphite
lvl.2
Portugal

djiuser_NcTdHjpFABUG Posted at 8-4 00:58
Hi Graphite

Hi Han, you hit the bullseye... I was finally able to make it work, I made the mistake that you did reading the manual. I said activate the Bluetooth but since I’m always with Bluetooth on, I thought it was connecting with Bluetooth. But strange thing is tha in iPad I connect to Bluetooth before enter the app and it work.. same thing g on the iPhone XS, probably something related to Bluetooth setting.. thank you I was already considering changing my phone...
2019-8-4
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Graphite Posted at 8-4 05:59
Hi Han, you hit the bullseye... I was finally able to make it work, I made the mistake that you did reading the manual. I said activate the Bluetooth but since I’m always with Bluetooth on, I thought it was connecting with Bluetooth. But strange thing is tha in iPad I connect to Bluetooth before enter the app and it work.. same thing g on the iPhone XS, probably something related to Bluetooth setting.. thank you I was already considering changing my phone...

Cool, man.

Glad that my (silly realy) mistake experience helped getting things to work on your side too.
Silly, for I am an IT professional and looking back, I ignored some stuff I realy should have noted earlier.

Also, DJI is capable of making drones and stuff communicate over miles
and they would not be able to make bluetooth communication “fly”
2019-8-4
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Cool, man.

Glad that my (silly realy) mistake experience helped getting things to work on your side too.
Silly, for I am an IT professional and looking back, I ignored some stuff I realy should have noted earlier.
Also, DJI is capable of making drones and stuff communicate over miles
and they would not be able to make bluetooth communication “fly”
2019-8-4
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Hannibal_ Posted at 8-4 09:06
Cool, man.

Glad that my (silly realy) mistake experience helped getting things to work on your side too.

I realy could not believe that ...

Well I reviewed the manual and though it is slightly multi-interpretable, it realy does not denote to connect to bluetooth in the phone settings. It kind off leaves stuff open.

Glad it solved your issue too and enjoy that thing, I know I spend all day trying it out
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Glad to know the issue has been figured out, this is exactly what I mean in 6#, enter the APP to connect to the Bluetooth directly, no need to connect to it in Bluetooth Settings. I guess I didn't describe clearly.
Please keep us updated if there is any other problem. Have a good time with Ronin-SC.
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hannibal_ Posted at 8-4 09:09
I realy could not believe that ...

Well I reviewed the manual and though it is slightly multi-interpretable, it realy does not denote to connect to bluetooth in the phone settings. It kind off leaves stuff open.

Hi Hannibal_, thanks for sharing your suggestion and helped figure out the issue, we will forward to the related team to optimize the User Manual with more details.
2019-8-4
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Cool.

THX
2019-8-6
Use props
djiuser_uiJqrVyDuEn4
New
Sweden

djiuser_NcTdHjpFABUG Posted at 2019-8-4 00:57
Hi Graphite

Hi man!!

This worked for me in 2021!! You really made my day. Many thanks and Merry Christmas
2021-12-21
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_uiJqrVyDuEn4 Posted at 2021-12-21 22:17
Hi man!!

This worked for me in 2021!! You really made my day. Many thanks and Merry Christmas

Oeps…. A bit late responding….

Nice that it works for you too now!
2022-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules