DJI Action as a Dash Cam
11203 8 2019-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

I am using my Action as a dash cam and its working well.  I cannot seem to find information regarding rewriting over an sd card.  Can someone tell me if the Action rewrites over an sd card if its full?  For example, If I am driving a long period of time, will the action stop recording once the sd card is full or will it continue to rewrite over the information that the card recorded earlier on?  Is there a setting for this?
2019-7-26
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will stop recording once the card fills up
2019-7-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. A pop-up message will appear to notify you when the SD card of the Osmo Action is full, and it will stop recording. The old videos will not be overwritten. Should you have any inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-7-26
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks, I guess there is no such thing as loop recording on the Action correct?  Oh well. I guess I would have to keep an eye for long distances or record and lower quality
2019-7-26
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Daddy6466 Posted at 7-26 13:39
Thanks, I guess there is no such thing as loop recording on the Action correct?  Oh well. I guess I would have to keep an eye for long distances or record and lower quality

Or drop $40 on a decent dash cam
2019-7-28
Use props
frobetman
lvl.1

Finland

I found lots of reviews on dash cams on this website . So many of them on amazon as well and I am confused. Which one is of higher quality and perfect for long distant travel?
2019-8-13
Use props
frobetman
lvl.1

Finland

https://dashcamcar.com
2019-8-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

You wouldn't be hard strapped to find a better dash cam..
2019-8-24
Use props
kxra
New

United States

Dash cams have horrible image sensors, and the dashcam market is garbage. They all sell the same low-quality sensors at different price points, and when you record video a lot of important details are lost.

DJI might not be made for it, but you could get/make a mount for your windshield to aim ahead and plug in a USB to the car's DC port. You just have to format the flash every time you get in the car (if you're willing), but you get much more useful video. Plus, DJI can add features with firmware updates (hey DJI' listen up!), but these dashcams are stuck with the image sensor they ship with.

Looks like you're not the only one asking
https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/u3q6ol/dji_action_2_as_a_dash_cam_for_car/
2022-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules