Ronin-sc Focus Motor not working
5781 7 2019-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Califi
lvl.1

United States

I have a Sony 16500 with a Sony Lens attached and the Focus Motor setup with teh Ronin-SC. I cannot get the Focus motor to calibrate or communicate and have tried various things. I have doublechecked the configuration of cables and the switch but still it fails. I have added a video link here and would appreciate any help.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/244eh0z5mtd13nssbmgsq/IMG_6340.MOV?dl=0&new_user=1&oref=e&r=AA-B6JHV10_Qy4a5WTNyVRWGHHUgNZew8STNN8i-BnumLJgJEOadwdYycZsIzcelHlKIJX8nmwfRuJEPB5uLF4TlC4GYNRj68L5qM-AfX4lctPDrtKt3AkDJ8d6hdx_LC3HV3esquNZCg77ateOZzkLVbIsE4PP3COBvM6KTS6dl0nLFm9g12WMJN0X2u5AMYvcVkANffOO9QAwm6ZI1-ZjT&sm=1
2019-7-26
Use props
Califi
lvl.1

United States

Just to clarify I meant to say sony a6500.  Another link to see video is https://www.dropbox.com/s/4v11dwuts2wiryz/IMG_6340.MOV?dl=0
2019-7-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Califi, your issue has been forwarded to our engineers for further test, I will come back soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-7-29
Use props
Califi
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-29 00:13
Hi Califi, your issue has been forwarded to our engineers for further test, I will come back soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

OK I got the email from them and the return label. I handed over the return to UPS today. Is it possible to get a tracking number of the replacement unit? How do I follow up on this ?
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Califi Posted at 7-30 05:55
OK I got the email from them and the return label. I handed over the return to UPS today. Is it possible to get a tracking number of the replacement unit? How do I follow up on this ?

We will send you the tracking number once the replacement is approved and shipped, please note the email notification.
2019-7-31
Use props
akibo
lvl.2
Germany

Did you try to disconnect the USB from the camera? Maybe with the camera connected the focus wheel just controls zoom and doesn't recognize the focus motor ...
2019-8-1
Use props
Califi
lvl.1

United States

akibo Posted at 8-1 21:04
Did you try to disconnect the USB from the camera? Maybe with the camera connected the focus wheel just controls zoom and doesn't recognize the focus motor ...

Hi akibo

Yeah tried that as well but that did not work

Thanks
Jay
2019-8-2
Use props
Jondle
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, Does your Sony 16500 have an option in the camera menus to change an option called 'Release w/o lens' Disable / Enable? I've had an issue with the motor focus wheel disconnecting. I had a Sony A7S ii, Samyang 35mm lens attached. With the function turned off. I get an error to check the lens attachment. if the lens is not supported. But with the function enabled. The lens works with the camera. Just a thought.
2019-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules