Dedicated cable needed?
9698 7 2019-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StewartWood
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I brought the Ronin S a couple of weeks ago to use with my Canon 80D which is not fully compatible. I used the track mode perfectly ok before the latest app update to control the gimble for product B-roll video. Now, after the latest update, all I get is this error message "Please connect dedicated cable to RSS port for this feature" This worked fine before the update.
Any help would be appreciated.
2019-7-27
Use props
Adrian Rydz
lvl.1

Japan

Same error message today... Track mode doesn't work with my Nikon D750.
2019-7-28
Use props
StewartWood
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Any news on this?
2019-8-3
Use props
djiuser_dvAFB94oqAYF
New

Germany

I bought the ronin sc last week. I unboxed it today and now I am very disappointed because the trackmode doesnt work.

the track mode was one of the most important feature why i bought this gimbal.

I'm using the olympus cam. I wanted to use this finction without a kompatible cam.
2019-8-12
Use props
Droesch
New

For my Ronin S the warning only shows if i try to press the red record button on the app. Using the cable included with the Ronin to connect to my 5DMIV gets rid of the warning.
2019-9-26
Use props
Mortar Mike
New
Flight distance : 28327 ft

So TECHNICALLY the issue most folks are running into is they're pressing the red record button on the app itself.  That's technically telling the Ronin S that you want to RECORD from the Cell Phone itself, so it's confusing the Ronin.  For this to work properly, you'll need the cable that connects your camera to the Ronin S.  Once that's installed, and you have Activetrack visible on your cell phone, Press the Record button ON THE RONIN S, and not on the cell phone.

For best results, make sure that your cell phone camera is as in alignment with your actual lens as possible, or it will not easily follow them if they get too close or far.  You can also micro adjust AFTER you've selected your target for tracking with the joystick on the Ronin S, as sometimes they may appear too high or low in video.

PRO TIP:  The best way to work around this is to record at eye level.  Although this angle isn't ideal, it'll remove the too high or too low shot you can get from typically lower shots.  You can also use the Focus Wheel for native lenses with internal motors, or just adapt the Focus Motor to the ZOOM portion of your lens to pop in and out as needed.  It takes a little practice, but it's an AMAAAAAAZING tool once you get the hang of it.
2019-10-14
Use props
Mortar Mike
New
Flight distance : 28327 ft

So TECHNICALLY the issue most folks are running into is they're pressing the red record button on the app itself.  That's technically telling the Ronin S that you want to RECORD from the Cell Phone itself, so it's confusing the Ronin.  For this to work properly, you'll need the cable that connects your camera to the Ronin S.  Once that's installed, and you have Activetrack visible on your cell phone, Press the Record button ON THE RONIN S, and not on the cell phone.  For best results, make sure that your cell phone camera is as in alignment with your actual lens as possible, or it will not easily follow them if they get too close or far.  You can also micro adjust AFTER you've selected your target for tracking with the joystick on the Ronin S, as sometimes they may appear too high or low in video.  PRO TIP:  The best way to work around this is to record at eye level.  Although this angle isn't ideal, it'll remove the too high or too low shot you can get from typically lower shots.  You can also use the Focus Wheel for native lenses with internal motors, or just adapt the Focus Motor to the ZOOM portion of your lens to pop in and out as needed.  It takes a little practice, but it's an AMAAAAAAZING tool once you get the hang of it.
2019-10-14
Use props
djiuser_PAxEn9ScDCmu
New
Philippines

here's what i did after getting the same error: (1) Connect app to gimbal, (2) Conmect camera to gimbal, (3) Launch Active Track on app and center subject, (4) once ready, hit "TRIGGER" once. All set.
2021-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules