989 9 2019-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BradOfAllTrades
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19751 ft
United States

hello all
So I recently used my Mavic pro after not using it for a couple of weeks and when I installed the new updates I immediately had serious problems using it and was wondering if anyone else is having similar problems

first of all, was the picture quality seemed overexposed or the brightness was turned way up. I could barely see anything while I was up in the air due to the glare and it did not matter what direction the drone was facing even with the camera pointing straight down

second, I had a serious lag in control response. I live in a heavily forested area so the range I can fly my drone has always been very limited however when I flew it not only was there a problem with going out of range but often the picture on my phone would scramble or go blank and as I tried to get it back to me the controls would take up to 10 seconds to respond for things like gimble control even lowering altitude  

as it stands with all these problems I'm afraid to take my drone up again for fear that I might lose or damage it cause I'm not able to see where it's going or have enough

I'm currently using DJI go 4 on my Samsung Galaxy S7 with all other apps closed while I run it the maximum height I flew it at was 283 ft and less than 500 feet away from me
if anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong or what I need to do to fix this i would appreciate it
2019-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First thing I would check is to make sure both the aircraft and the RC are at the latest build levels, have a look in 'About' in the general settings menu in DJI Go 4, with all powered up and connected it should give you this information.

The latest build can be seen in the release notes Here
2019-7-27
Use props
BradOfAllTrades
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 7-27 12:30
First thing I would check is to make sure both the aircraft and the RC are at the latest build levels, have a look in 'About' in the general settings menu in DJI Go 4, with all powered up and connected it should give you this information.

The latest build can be seen in the release notes Here

im assuming the drone has gotten the latest firmware cause it always checks for it when i open the DJI go 4 app but i don't know how to update the controller
2019-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BradOfAllTrades Posted at 7-27 12:55
im assuming the drone has gotten the latest firmware cause it always checks for it when i open the DJI go 4 app but i don't know how to update the controller

Check in 'About' as above that will tell you what build controller and aircraft are at. If the RC needs updating then it should do that via the DJI Go 4 App'. Failing that both Rc & aircraft can be checked with a PC or Mac running DJI Assistant 2, with the devices being connected to the PC via USB cable.

Assistant 2 can be downloaded from Here
2019-7-27
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

What you're doing wrong is staying in the forest!  Vegetation absorbs the signal and cuts your range.  There lush the vegetation, the more it blocks.  It's lush because it contains water.  I can't speak for the S7, as I gave up on Android several years ago, but you need to get out into the clear to fly.  How are you maintaining visual line of sight with that much vegetation?  Of course, be sure the antennas are parallel to the drone at all times.
2019-7-27
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just Curious but was there a specific reason why you updated? Because I’m a firm believer of if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. If one is having issues or if firmware update adds a cool features then yes update...sometimes these so called “updates” cause more issues..
2019-7-27
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Ask your self what have changed, is it the hardware or the software.
There is no benefit of updating Mavic Pro with newest firmware or use newest app
as these are maxed for Mavic 2 .
I use Mavic Pro and Galaxy S 7 and you cant loose connection on that distance if everything is right.
First thing to do is to rebind your controller and drone and reinstall the app.
You can also install Dji Pilot app and test if its the same. That app is more stable but is missing few options but has way points and mapping inside.

2019-7-27
Use props
BradOfAllTrades
lvl.1
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 7-27 14:34
What you're doing wrong is staying in the forest!  Vegetation absorbs the signal and cuts your range.  There lush the vegetation, the more it blocks.  It's lush because it contains water.  I can't speak for the S7, as I gave up on Android several years ago, but you need to get out into the clear to fly.  How are you maintaining visual line of sight with that much vegetation?  Of course, be sure the antennas are parallel to the drone at all times.

to answer your question about keeping a line of sight the fact is that I haven't been able to. I've relied on using the GPS to get me back to my starting point. As far as getting away from all the trees in my area at least that's impossible. western mass is mostly forest more so around my area and other places like cities don't allow drones at all or have local ordinances against drones flying over a private or commercial property without written consent
as for updating i use the DJI go 4 app which has me update before i fly
2019-7-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

BradOfAllTrades Posted at 7-28 14:29
to answer your question about keeping a line of sight the fact is that I haven't been able to. I've relied on using the GPS to get me back to my starting point. As far as getting away from all the trees in my area at least that's impossible. western mass is mostly forest more so around my area and other places like cities don't allow drones at all or have local ordinances against drones flying over a private or commercial property without written consent
as for updating i use the DJI go 4 app which has me update before i fly

Sounds familiar.  I was raised in the Redwoods of California, so I know what you mean about the thickness of the overhead.  I'd be afraid to launch from under the canopy and fly above, but I do hope to do a little flying under the canopy on my next trip out there.  Most people don't know how beautiful it is down there.
2019-7-28
Use props
BradOfAllTrades
lvl.1
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 7-28 18:07
Sounds familiar.  I was raised in the Redwoods of California, so I know what you mean about the thickness of the overhead.  I'd be afraid to launch from under the canopy and fly above, but I do hope to do a little flying under the canopy on my next trip out there.  Most people don't know how beautiful it is down there.

here is a link to a video I took with my Mavic pro as you can see there is barely a place to take off and land  and I had to stay fairly high up to make sure I didn't run into a tree
https://youtu.be/24DoYt3mdUk
2019-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules