My horrendous ordeal with DJI & the Mavic Air
132718 132718 2019-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55420 ft
United Kingdom

So guys, this is my story and the issues I've had so far. I know some of you guys have never had issues and have always had a smooth ride, but please take the time to read this as not all of us are so lucky with these large corporations.
I purchased my first Mavic Air Fly More Combo (£1000+) on the 24th July 2018. I was extremely excited to fly this drone and take all of these wonderful photos and videos with it. This excitement quickly turned into anger and upset as little did I know, there would be countless issues.

I flew the Mavic Air a handful of times and had nothing but errors and lag. Trying to fly this anywhere past 50 metres would cause the drone to disconnect, have video transmission lag, compass errors, signal interference, weak signal and the record/photo buttons to be completely disabled. Just to add, I don’t have a great deal of time to fly and it’s normally breaks away or holidays so it was spread over some time.

I contacted DJI on 5th October 2018 and created my first repair case through the live chat and website (CAS-***). With this I sent back the drone and controller (Completely bubble wrapped and packaged for protection).

On 26th October 2018, I received an email telling me that the drone had no damage and a core board defect. Of course I thought I was just unlucky and these things happen but was overall satisfied with DJI’s handling of the case.

I received a new drone on 31st October 2018, or at least, what I thought was a new drone. It was in fact a refurbished drone that may have already had some form of crash damage or issues, hence being sent back to DJI in the first place. This is something they are known for. So obviously now, I have just had my brand new drone swapped for a refurbished one?!

I tested this drone over the space of a few months as again, I didn’t have a great deal of time to fly it but assumed everything would be good since it was a new drone (How likely is lightening to strike twice?). It was only when I took it on holiday to South Africa that I realised how bad it really was. I had constant errors every time I was flying it. Compass errors, video transmission lag, black flashes across my footage, signal interference in a number of different places in the middle of nowhere and attitude is too large constantly flashing on my screen. This time, the worst thing was that it disconnected and nearly landed itself in the sea (Not where I took it off from). I decided not to fly it anymore for half of my holiday as it was just unbearable.

Naturally as soon as I got back, I created my second repair case & return on 31st May 2019 (CAS-***), again sending back my drone and controller.

On the 18th June 2019, I received another email telling me the drone had no damage and AGAIN had a core board defect. I started to think that maybe there is a manufacturing issue with the Mavic Air or at least with a certain batch. I contacted DJI via live chat and email explaining my dissatisfaction and worry that I’ve spent all this money on something I was unable to fly.

I then received my second brand new?! (refurbished) drone on 24th June 2019. While staying in touch with DJI via email, I explained that I was planning to test this drone and let them know if there was any issues. I took this drone to a local heath by me which has nothing around and is a large open space for me to really give it a test. I had the usual problems, Attitude is too large, signal interference, weak signal, compass error contact DJI support, sensors were going off in the sky telling me I was near objects etc, you get the gist! I then posted on the forums in which I received a message from one of the moderators saying they would help me, ofcourse I got 0 help and nothing from them as most of the time they comment for show.

I emailed DJI on the 26th June 2019 telling them again about these issues as well as sharing screenshots that I had taken on my iPhone. They were quite confused by these screenshots and were not sure what these errors were. I spoke to Jim (Supervisor) on the phone who asked me to submit my flight logs through the app, which I did. At this point I was extremely frustrated and asked to speak to the manager, to which I was told they would not call me.

After a large number of emails, calls and general lack of understanding from DJI, I was once again told to send back my drone as an escalation case. At this point I’m stuck in a constant cycle of sending back my drone, only to get a new one with the same problem, leaving me completely stuck but to look at pursuing action to get reimbursed for my money lost. I was asked to send back my entire fly more combo and that I would either get a brand new sealed unit or have to pay for an upgrade to a Mavic Pro 2! Completely holding me to ransom and refusing to offer me any kind of refund.

I then sent back this drone on the 17th July 2019 with my entire fly more combo and everything I had originally bought (CAS-***, Escalation case CAS-***). They asked me to let them know when DJI had received it so that they could prioritise my case. A few days later, my UPS tracking said delivered, so I went on to reply to the long email thread I had with them, only to receive a new case number and a robotic reply from their customer service telling me that it will be looked at and repaired?! I had to go onto live chat, to ask Supervisor Jim to call me so that I could ask him to again, lookup the case and and locate my parcel and prioritise it as promised.

So today 23rd July 2019, I received an email from DJI, telling me that I had self serviced this drone myself, that it had been opened and damaged! Screws had been tightened too much, the tamper tape on the screws had been broken, glue had been removed from the FPC holder and soldering and the fan/lower shell had been damaged. Now I have only had this drone for a few weeks, flown once and have absolutely no idea let alone the tools to be able to take this apart and make these changes. This is clearly a refurbished drone that DJI have tampered with and have then sent me as a ‘Brand new’ one. I’m honestly disgusted and appalled that through all of the trouble I have had and the money spent, that I’m constantly sent refurbished drones and then accused of opening and damaging this drone. Why would I service a drone that I know has issues and will need to be sent back, yet never did it with my other two. Part of me genuinely thinks that DJI had sent me a botched drone with these issues, just to try and get out of the fact that they know there is an issue with these drones and it’s the only way to shut me up and break this cycle. I believe this drone was sent to me on purpose and they knew there was these issues under the hood.

I went on to contact Jim the supervisor, who asked me if I had tampered with the drone and serviced it myself, to which I then got a little heated and explained that I have no idea how to even open it. So now I’m waiting for their next decision and I’m looking to take action through other avenues due to the poor customer service, false advertising and lack of transparency.

Just to add, I’ve seen a large amount of other people also saying they have the same issues with their Mavic Air and problems flying it more than 50 metres without issues. I have also seen some people saying they haven’t had any issues. I believe there is a manufacturing issue with some of their Airs and DJI are not willing to admit it.

This is my frustrations and I will update with my case and replies from DJI.

Buyer beware, I would honestly avoid them like the plague. If anyone else has had similar issues with their Air or DJI, please get in touch as I’d like to add you to my case against DJI.

Images of apparently tampered drone.

inline-263581660.png inline-1498882188.png inline461183680.png inline1749982511.png

UPDATE:So it gets worse, here's an update in an email I got from DJI today. Just to reiterate, I had this drone for 2 weeks, still in warranty and with DJI Refresh Care. In the middle of a case where I was testing it and sending it back if there was any issues (DJI were aware of this). I've been completely setup. I repeat, I NEVER touched this drone, I never opeend it. This was refurbished drone that they sent me as a replacement which had clearly been refurbished badly.

Dear Dan,  

Thank you very much for your patience and waiting.  

We have consulted our upper departments in Production department, Quality control department, and FAE department.  We will write you our investigation result and a conclusion for you in this case:  

Investigation: - The anti-tampering sticker
1. The anti-tampering sticker is damaged. Our company policy, as it is stated and printed on the sticker: damage on sticker thus will void your warranty. The damaged sticker is an irrefutable physical evidence that your aircraft was opened by someone other than certified DJI personnel.  
- Glue

2. The removed glue is still in the aircraft and it is most unlikely that our Engineer has left the removed glue in the craft, against our explicit repair procedure.  

3. If your current product was forgotten to be glued on this specific soldering part during manufacturing process, it is most unlikely that the other soldering parts were glued perfectly.   

4.The color of the removed glue and the applied glue are the same. This means that the glues were applied in the same time. This means that the removed glue belongs to this craft, and someone forgot to throw it away after removing.  

As result, this case has been concluded by our damage assessment engineers that this is a case of self-service or shell opened by non-DJI certified third-party. Therefore the warranty on this craft is considered voided, in accordance to DJI after sales policy.

However, as your current Mavic Air is found self-service and disassembly, we are sorry that the repair fee should be shouldered by customer side. But as our company's goodwill, and you, as our friendly and loyal customer, we can remove this repair fee, and you pay the price difference between Mavic Air and Mavic 2.  

In short, we provide an offer for you is paid upgrade to a Mavic 2 pro/zoom.  

We would like to know do you accept this offer and we will be more than happy to discuss with you about this in the next email.  

If you have any other requests or questions, please contact us.  

Thank you.

2019-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to read the frustrations and troubles you had with your repair case. I managed to pull up your case using your DJI Forum account and it is now being handled by the designated team. Appreciate your patience and understanding.
2019-7-23
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 7-23 13:29
Hi, sorry to read the frustrations and troubles you had with your repair case. I managed to pull up your case using your DJI Forum account and it is now being handled by the designated team. Appreciate your patience and understanding.
It’s apparently been handled by the designated team this entire time and if you read my post, it’s not going very well. Poor customer service and now accusations of tampering with a drone which was clearly a poor refurbished drone.

Just to reiterate my point from a post on my reddit.
C6D195A3-E043-4D97-8F2C-FFA632E82A4D.png
3BD909CB-77CA-4797-9ED9-43EAAED5557B.png
2019-7-23
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just to add, it looks like other people are going through similar issues. The case builds.
37A7E3CF-2690-49D6-B1DC-767D880B898A.png
1CC88DF7-AB90-4DD7-8064-32FFECDEBD4A.png
2019-7-23
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

Sorry. The guys from DJI brought the person to the boil.
2019-7-23
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

honestly, haven't got any issues so far (touching unpainted wood) but it made me thinking as got my fly-more combo plus Care Refresh a few weeks ago ....
@OP, hope youll get it sorted mate  
2019-7-23
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-23 23:44
honestly, haven't got any issues so far (touching unpainted wood) but it made me thinking as got my fly-more combo plus Care Refresh a few weeks ago ....
@OP, hope youll get it sorted mate

Cheers Kris. Definitely just be aware. It slowly became apparent over the next few months and from what I’m seeing elsewhere on the forums and on reddit, their customer service is horrendous. The fact I reported a large number of issues and after two drones they send me a damaged refurbished one, penny pinching at its finest. Profit over customer experience.
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Again, just to add, it seems more users are having signal and range issues and cannot do the range that DJI has advertised. False claims and false advertisement to sell a product that quite honestly isn’t adequate for what it says it can do.

Check out the reddit post from this user.
C729D309-2100-4978-976C-438E7C0A4267.png
2019-7-24
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Wow that is a horror story, hope you get it sorted....
2019-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8 Posted at 7-24 00:13
Again, just to add, it seems more users are having signal and range issues and cannot do the range that DJI has advertised. False claims and false advertisement to sell a product that quite honestly isn’t adequate for what it says it can do.

Apologies double post
2019-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8 Posted at 7-24 00:13

While your case has great merit, I don’t think your doing yourself any favours posting this kind of message.
Dji don’t promise or advertise At least 2000 metres on any aircraft. What they usually say is aircraft range in optimum conditions can reach whatever it can reach, these distances depend on many things being right.

You don’t need to add anything to enhance your case, two years ago I had a similar problem with my orignal Mavic , I sent it in for what I thought was a straight forward warranty repair, front of craft was bulging it was a known problem. To my horror dji repair facility said I had been tampering with the craft, the reasons they gave was glue missing from screws and one other screw looked like it was tampered with.
I never touched any screws or ever attempted to open craft, so I posted on this forum, contacted a moderator explained my case to her asked her to relay my case again to repair facility and within two days I was given what I rightly should have been given warranty and a new craft .
2019-7-24
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 7-24 00:43
While your case has great merit, I don’t think your doing yourself any favours posting this kind of message.
Dji don’t promise or advertise At least 2000 metres on any aircraft. What they usually say is aircraft range in optimum conditions can reach whatever it can reach, these distances depend on many things being right.

kinda disagree with you, mate
quoted from DJI website:

Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)        2.400 - 2.4835 GHz:
FCC: 4000 m
CE: 2000 m
SRRC: 2000 m
MIC: 2000 m

5.725 - 5.850 GHz:
FCC: 4000 m
CE: 500 m
SRRC: 2500 m

so even taking into account external factors, on the open area as stated by the OP while testing, drone shouldn't lose connection after 50 meters (!) so truly can understand his frustration.
Also, cases handling by customer service is just unacceptable - he paid top dollar for his drone so, obviously, expecting top notch customer service (and device) in exchange.
Anyways, all such issues SHOULD be highlighted on the forums to make other customers (or potential ones) aware ... thats just my 5cents
2019-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-24 01:08
kinda disagree with you, mate
quoted from DJI website:

I never said drone loosing connection after 50 metres or referred to any distance. If you read the post by OP you will clearly see it says dji advertising AT LEAST 2000 metres (I presume CE) then this is incorrect and is not advertised what is advertised or in the specs is clearly Optimum conditions.

I own two Mavic Airs, I have and can fly them 2000m but I also have been in situations where I have only reached 250m and why “simple” environment, much has been made and discussed about this, many lose video connection but count this as connection from controller to drone etc. this case is about tampering with the drone not about distance or any other problems. Does the OP want help getting his warranty or does he want extra distance.
To many of these cases get lost because people forget why they came here to complain in the first place and you will find moderators tend not to wade through the clutter to get to the main reason of the thread.
There are other threads regarding distance, that’s a simple one if you can only get 50m distance from your MA ship it back under warranty because you have a serious problem .
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-24 00:43

Appreciate your response on this.

I’ve tested this drone in many places with many different conditions, sometimes in the middle of nowhere with no wind. I think the claim it can go up to 2,000 is absurd when I can barely go past 50 metres with three different Mavic Airs.

The tampering was the exact same experience as I’m currently having except I’ve already had three aircrafts so to send me another one would be sending me back a fourth Mavic Air which may still have these issues and is unacceptable. There is no accountability from them.

I’m putting this on the forums to raise awareness to other users who may be having issues and to make people aware who consider buying from DJI but do their research first.
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-24 01:41
I never said drone loosing connection after 50 metres or referred to any distance. If you read the post by OP you will clearly see it says dji advertising AT LEAST 2000 metres (I presume CE) then this is incorrect and is not advertised what is advertised or in the specs is clearly Optimum conditions.

I own two Mavic Airs, I have and can fly them 2000m but I also have been in situations where I have only reached 250m and why “simple” environment, much has been made and discussed about this, many lose video connection but count this as connection from controller to drone etc. this case is about tampering with the drone not about distance or any other problems. Does the OP want help getting his warranty or does he want extra distance.

My device is still in warranty. This post was about the poor customer service and the journey I’ve had to go through so far with no resolution months on, it’s just getting worse. It’s to raise visibility to the issue.

It still comes down to the fact that I had distance issues, signal issues and errors with all 3 mavic airs. I understand there is environmental factors but the fact I’ve flown these 3 airs in many different places and locations and always had the same outcome is ridiculous.
2019-7-24
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 7-24 01:41

I own two Mavic Airs, I have and can fly them 2000m but I also have been in situations where I have only reached 250m and why “simple” environment, much has been made and discussed about this, many lose video connection but count this as connection from controller to drone etc. this case is about tampering with the drone not about distance or any other problems. Does the OP want help getting his warranty or does he want extra distance.

well, it kinda started with distance issues but dont want to argue about
anyways, posting anything on the forums shouldn't cause any interference with cases handling by customer service - your rights are regulated by the law and clearly stated in contract 'signed' by you and seller or manufacturer during purchase process,
2019-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8 Posted at 7-24 01:45
My device is still in warranty. This post was about the poor customer service and the journey I’ve had to go through so far with no resolution months on, it’s just getting worse. It’s to raise visibility to the issue.

It still comes down to the fact that I had distance issues, signal issues and errors with all 3 mavic airs. I understand there is environmental factors but the fact I’ve flown these 3 airs in many different places and locations and always had the same outcome is ridiculous.

I do agree with you, but for me if I was having these issues I would return all Craft for new or replacements.
Regarding the service I haven’t seen anyone who has actually sent craft back for only being able to get 50m distance and then reporting bad service.

I will try to explain dji returns . Normal return send email to support , receive case number collection is arranged and repair is sent to repair service , it’s accessed for warranty or charged repair, if there is a charge you pay and it is repaired and returned, if it’s warranty it’s repaired and returned, I have used this service and it is what it is, it’s similar to other tech companies.

If you dispute , which you can the decision then this goes down a different route of proving stuff etc and this is where we see or hear from people that dji service is horrible, part of this is because owner (user) doesn’t think he should pay and dji thinks he should so dispute escalates. I have found simple way to sort this in a timely manner is to contact a moderator to act as a go between to get the matter sorted and it usually does.
If it goes against you then service is horrible if it goes for you service is what it should be, but it’s no different with any tech company.
2019-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-24 01:54
well, it kinda started with distance issues but dont want to argue about
anyways, posting anything on the forums shouldn't cause any interference with cases handling by customer service - your rights are regulated by the law and clearly stated in contract 'signed' by you and seller or manufacturer during purchase process,

My point being if OP was trying to gain support for his issue then dragging every customer service issue in will insure his issue gets lost in the mire, but maybe it’s just a rant regarding customer support and dji products in general, so I stand corrected .
2019-7-24
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Ireland

guess OP got pushed over the edge which I can totally understand, I'd probably done the same
anyways, hope he'll get it sorted alright  
2019-7-24
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Wow man.  You should get not only a new drone, but a free upgrade to at least a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom.  They apparently can have very shoddy warranty service, that doesn't have proper QA checks in place.  I understand many people have a great experience, though the bad experiences I've heard (like your own) has been totally atrocious.  A company needs to have quality products and totally stand behind their brand, much like everyone should speak and do quality things and stand behind them.
If I had the authority, I'd compensate you and others properly.  If they have a large, reoccurring number of product issues, then there's a major problem that needs to be addressed, as this not only affects consumers and profits, but even more importantly, we have faulty aircraft out there.  Drones already are getting a bum rap, and malfunctioning aircraft from DJI poses some serious safety and reliability issues in the real world.
Bottom line should never be about profit, it should always be about safety and quality.  Once you practice that, everything else will fall into place.
I hope you get this sorted out properly man, so sorry to hear you going through this.
2019-7-24
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Russia

djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8 Posted at 7-24 01:45
My device is still in warranty. This post was about the poor customer service and the journey I’ve had to go through so far with no resolution months on, it’s just getting worse. It’s to raise visibility to the issue.

Hi djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8. Maybe the reason is not in the drone or RC? Have you tried to connect another smartphone or tablet to the RC?

2019-7-24
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Russia

You did not ask the support service: if the DJI team shows photos of supposedly damaged nodes with traces of disassembly, can they show photos of the same nodes before they sent you this new (restored) drone?
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Vofas Posted at 7-24 04:21
You did not ask the support service: if the DJI team shows photos of supposedly damaged nodes with traces of disassembly, can they show photos of the same nodes before they sent you this new (restored) drone?

Hi Vofas,
This was a brand new drone sent to me two weeks before it was sent back and I'm still in warranty so I can't understand why they would think I'd bother trying to service something myself. I haven't even got the skillset let alone the common sense.

I've tried my phone and my partners phone with the same outcome.

To make this even worse, I've not heard anything in two days since they sent me the email telling me my drone had been tampered with and they've just told me on Live chat when I asked for an update that my case had been closed as I hadn't replied to them!!!! I replied yesterday as soon as they sent me the email. It's honestly beyond a joke.

I'm genuinely at my witts end with it all. You couldn't make it up. I've been chasing this for months.
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Neo Supreme Posted at 7-24 03:18
Wow man.  You should get not only a new drone, but a free upgrade to at least a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom.  They apparently can have very shoddy warranty service, that doesn't have proper QA checks in place.  I understand many people have a great experience, though the bad experiences I've heard (like your own) has been totally atrocious.  A company needs to have quality products and totally stand behind their brand, much like everyone should speak and do quality things and stand behind them.
If I had the authority, I'd compensate you and others properly.  If they have a large, reoccurring number of product issues, then there's a major problem that needs to be addressed, as this not only affects consumers and profits, but even more importantly, we have faulty aircraft out there.  Drones already are getting a bum rap, and malfunctioning aircraft from DJI poses some serious safety and reliability issues in the real world.
Bottom line should never be about profit, it should always be about safety and quality.  Once you practice that, everything else will fall into place.

Cheers man, appreciate this and it's honestly only getting worse, check my latest post.
2019-7-24
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Ireland

djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8 Posted at 7-24 06:31
Cheers man, appreciate this and it's honestly only getting worse, check my latest post.

its a joke, right ...as it cant be for real...

2019-7-24
Use props
hansinla
lvl.1

United States

Too bad you're not in the US. Small claims court would swiftly decide in your favor.
2019-7-24
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8 Posted at 7-24 06:31
Cheers man, appreciate this and it's honestly only getting worse, check my latest post.

They are clearly playing games, as someone or some department dropped the ball on your case and are not owning up to it.  I don't know where else to direct you to.
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Neo Supreme Posted at 7-24 08:28
They are clearly playing games, as someone or some department dropped the ball on your case and are not owning up to it.  I don't know where else to direct you to.

I'll carry on fighting it. I'm putting together a legal case against DJI now. Over £1000 for a product that has clear manufacturing issues and statistics that are falsely advertised is just the start. Also going for damages for time wasted trying to deal with this. I will be taking this to the courts as they clearly fail to recognise the issue.

If you've had any issues with the Mavic Air or DJI and their customer service, please email your story to me at djilawsuit@gmail.com as I'll fight this.
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Lawsuit against DJI

Due to my recent experience with DJI and their handling of my case over the past year, I'm going to be filing a lawsuit against DJI for their manufacturing issues with the Mavic Air and their false advertisements of the capabilities of the Mavic Air. They have been completely unable to provide me with any resolution but to send me a damaged drone and blame me for tampering with it inside.
If you haven't read my recent post, please do before commenting so you can understand the full reasons why.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=194345&page=1#pid1915452

I believe there is something dodgy going on at DJI where they replace brand new products with refurbished damaged products like the one I received, only to tell me that I had tampered with it myself. I believe this is something DJI are doing to get out of awkward cases.

If you've had any issues with the Mavic Air or DJI and their customer service, please email your story to me at djilawsuit@gmail.com as I'll fight this.
Screenshot 2019-07-24 at 15.24.31 copy.png
2019-7-24
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you read your EULA agreement? It's arbitration only when it comes to DJI.
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Maxi3D Posted at 7-24 09:35
Have you read your EULA agreement? It's arbitration only when it comes to DJI.

Trying to sort things through or with DJI is part of the problem. Please read my other post tagged. The EULA agreement doesn't matter if the product has a manufacturing issue or was bought under false advertisement.
2019-7-24
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

And this will cost you how much out of your own pocket???
2019-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

When you activated your products you did relinquish the choice to sue DJI , you might want to show this agreement your brief, it may be null in your country I’m not so sure, but it’s a pretty expensive challenge to take on a Chinese company .
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Flycaster Posted at 7-24 09:40
And this will cost you out of your own pocket???

Not necessarily.
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-24 09:41
When you activated your products you did relinquish the choice to sue DJI , you might want to show this agreement your brief, it may be null in your country I’m not so sure, but it’s a pretty expensive challenge to take on a Chinese company .

Hey Hallmark, it is relinquished under the fact that what I bought was correct. The claims of what is possible is clearly not from my own experiences and from what I'm hearing from a large group. False advertisement as well as sending out damaged/dangerous replacement products for my brand new one which came with a manufacturing defect.
2019-7-24
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would say you "pick your hill to die on" when it comes to conflicts, but in the OP's case, he is quite upset and willing to take this to court. He has his data, and he is taking it to a higher power, more so out of principle than trying to get money back or a replacement. Mind you, my experiences with Customer Service have been fine, but I cant begin to list the number of complaints I have seen on these forums, and I don't think it is a mass conspiracy. The simplest explanation is usually the right explanation -- consumers are generally upset with DJI Customer Service.

It takes one person to stand up and say "Enough" out of principle alone (no money backs, no replacements, nothing -- just principle) to get the consumer public to stand up as well. Then you get a class action suit.

Just document everything, make sure your data is good and relevant to the case, and good luck to the OP!

2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JPilotR Posted at 7-24 09:56
I would say you "pick your hill to die on" when it comes to conflicts, but in the OP's case, he is quite upset and willing to take this to court. He has his data, and he is taking it to a higher power, more so out of principle than trying to get money back or a replacement. Mind you, my experiences with Customer Service have been fine, but I cant begin to list the number of complaints I have seen on these forums, and I don't think it is a mass conspiracy. The simplest explanation is usually the right explanation -- consumers are generally upset with DJI Customer Service.

It takes one person to stand up and say "Enough" out of principle alone (no money backs, no replacements, nothing -- just principle) to get the consumer public to stand up as well. Then you get a class action suit.

Thanks JPilotR, appreciate the words and you are spot on. The final straw was them sending me a device and then saying it had been opened and tampered with as if their techs couldn't of done that to a refurbished device. Seems very setup.

I've got screenshots and emails of full correspondence with logged phone calls. The trouble and stress this has caused me over the best part of a year has been unreal, not to mention being over £1000 down for nothing.
2019-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8 Posted at 7-24 09:45
Hey Hallmark, it is relinquished under the fact that what I bought was correct. The claims of what is possible is clearly not from my own experiences and from what I'm hearing from a large group. False advertisement as well as sending out damaged/dangerous replacement products for my brand new one which came with a manufacturing defect.

I think simply contacting a moderator would and asking for help with this matter may have yielded a better outcome, at least from personal experience that’s as much or as little as I had to do to get my case resolved.
But I wish you well .
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-24 10:07
I think simply contacting a moderator would and asking for help with this matter may have yielded a better outcome, at least from personal experience that’s as much or as little as I had to do to get my case resolved.
But I wish you well .

You saw my post right? You commented on it.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1915760

I've contacted everyone I could possibly contact and original posted on the forums last month. Resources are exhausted. I've gone every avenue and been completely stitched up by DJI.
2019-7-24
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I promise, I'm not trying to be snarky or anything like that, but I don't think you'll find any lawyer
who would take this "Pro Bono".
Now as to the Arbitration "clause", I'm not sure of that process, and how it would be started, but I would think still, money costs??
At some point, you will reach the point of diminishing return...
2019-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules