SOLVED: Smart Controller won't charge or turn on
72338 86 2019-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KRhEHClytXwt Posted at 7-23 14:42
Hello, same fu__i ng problem today with my genuine mavic air pro 2 rc controller, the rc231.
Unused for several weeks, but batteries still well maintained, i made the firmware update this morning before flying. Before going to my spot on the afternoon, i made sure everything was working and it was.
A few hours later on my spot, i plug my smartphone on the controller and press the button to turn it on as usual and nothing happens. Angry and disappointed because i’m on my holidays destination with wonderful views, and i don’t know any solution to solve the problem.

Hi there. I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing. If it cannot be charged normally, it is recommended to replace the charger and charging cable and try again. If that has already been tried and the problem persists, feel free to submit a repair request using this link: https://www.dji.com/fr/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-23
Use props
djiuser_I4QfbiGg22T7
New
Flight distance : 3727 ft

Malaysia

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-7-28 16:00
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what happened to your Smart controller prior to experience this problem? Please press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then the remote controller will restart and return to the normal state. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Thank god it works! I thought my controller gonna be dead! Thankss
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_I4QfbiGg22T7 Posted at 9-11 06:08
Thank god it works! I thought my controller gonna be dead! Thankss

Perfect. I'm glad to know it worked. Please reach back if you have further concerns. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-11
Use props
Mark C10
New

United States

I've gone through all the push-button directions above, just to clear that up first.  My SC only has one blinking light and isn't scrolling through the 4 lights indicating normal charging.  I finally managed to turn on the SC and it gave the message that charging was slow and to use the original charging cable, which I already had been.  I bought a new DJI power cord with the same results (even used different electrical outlets).  Originally, the SC showed charged but while flying the drone it dropped to nothing and shut down!  I haven't used the SC excessively, so the battery should still be good.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks in advance.  
2023-10-16
Use props
Racin Cajun
lvl.1
United States

Hello! I have a GL358wB controller that will not turn on. I have tried all of the above fixes without success. I opened the controller and see there is a small green light flashing on the circuit board. I did not disconnect the ribbon cable just cracked open and looked inside.  It gets warm when charging. Last time I used it was about a year ago and it would only charge 2 lights.. It has very few hours on the drone and controller.. Can anyone please help? THANKS!!
1-11 10:57
Use props
Decones
lvl.2

Brazil

KlooGee Posted at 2019-7-28 17:04
SOLUTION:  Connect to charger with a known good cable while holding power button down for 15seconds and the custom button underneath

I had previously tried holding down the power button for a long time and that hadn’t worked.  But the above button combination at the same time as plugging in the USB-C cable got it to boot up and start charging normally.

Mannnn!!!!!!!
Kudos for you!!!!
You just saved me.

Thanks.
Andre
3-27 06:34
Use props
djiuser_9voLYUYrPhDu
New

Papua New Guinea

My DJI Mini 3 Pro RC Controller (the one without the inbuilt screen - see picture) was fully charged when I was using it just this week. Then a message came up to update the firmware and I did  that. After a while the RC Controller went off by itself and has not turned on. When the power button is pressed there is no indication of the battery as the lights are not coming on. When connected to a charger, the lights are not turning. I have tried in vain to turn it on, pressing power button for 10, 20 or 30 seconds and also pressing in combination with any of the other buttons. I am in Papua New Guinea

Please advise how I can fix this.

Thanks.
5-2 19:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules