71636 85 2019-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just as an update to this thread, yesterday I had an issue where my Smart Controller froze up while booting up.  It froze on black screen with the white DJI logo.  Pressing and holding the power button just made the controller vibrate, but didn't do anything.  I then simultaneously pressed and held down the Power button and the custom button on the back on the same side as the power button.  After holding down for a while (maybe 10-15 seconds), it ended up turning off.  

After doing this, then I turned it on again and everything has seemed to function normally again.  Not sure why it happened, but thought I'd share in case someone else runs into the same thing.
2021-10-11
Use props
fans94d720e6
New

Norway

I just updated my Smart Controller yesterday (v.01.01.0064) and since then it has been complaining about not charging as well and that I should use the factory cable, but I am and I'm using the DJI charger. The remote is also only flashing the two first light while plugged in, instead of seeing 1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4,... I only see 1,2 1,2... and the battery stays at 34%.
I left it on for few hours in the hope of draining the battery and hopefully get it charging again, but now it is only flashing one light and still complaining about the cable not being good enough.
I've tried the trick above but it does nothing but starting the controller and switching it off again.
2021-10-17
Use props
JdP4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 876 ft
United States

The Custom Button and Power o button trick worked. You made my day   Thank you
2022-6-23
Use props
fansf270c31b
New
Germany

I have the same problem with the new rc controller from dji mini 3 pro. I unpacked the drone today and turned on the controller. After 30 min of charging it doesn't turn on anymore. Even the lamps are not blinking.

The above steps didn't help. Does someone have any ideas??
2022-7-2
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2019-7-28 17:04
SOLUTION:  Connect to charger with a known good cable while holding power button down for 15seconds and the custom button underneath

I had previously tried holding down the power button for a long time and that hadn’t worked.  But the above button combination at the same time as plugging in the USB-C cable got it to boot up and start charging normally.

"SOLUTION:  Connect to charger with a known good cable while holding power button down for 15seconds and the custom button underneath"
     Where is the "Custom Button underneath" you mention, located?  This IS the RM500 "Smart Controller?"
     Very glad you found a solution!!!  Kloogee thank you and InvisibleName 7's diagram, I now realize you meant the Custom Button underneath as from Front to Back, where
I was taking it as Top to Bottom..     Still glad your SC is now working.
2022-7-6
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
United States

***Note to Dji:  IS there any documentation forthcoming about the "Smart Controller" and the correct ways to use it and the features???***
2022-7-6
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
United States

Smart Controller and charging.
     Is it okay to use the Smart Controller while an active charger is connected to it???
2022-7-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansf270c31b Posted at 7-2 05:57
I have the same problem with the new rc controller from dji mini 3 pro. I unpacked the drone today and turned on the controller. After 30 min of charging it doesn't turn on anymore. Even the lamps are not blinking.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Have you tried to charge the controller for more than 2 hours? If it still persists, please provide us with a related video for our further check. Thank you.
2022-7-6
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
United States

fans937cabeb Posted at 2020-6-25 07:11
Joining the team with the same issue.
The controller will not start!
I followed every single instruction/tip provided in this thread.

"Left the controller charging during the night... came back in the morning, it was switched off. No light, nothing even if still connected to the charger."
     This is how my Smart Controller has always charged, when it is finished, it shuts everything down - no lights or anything, and it works fine.
2022-7-7
Use props
Tuyet Mai Lee
New

United States

It's been a while for me to fly a drone and finally today I tried to charge on the remote control and the battery for the drone
And the remote won't turn on at all. I tried many ways but it doesn't work
2022-7-13
Use props
fans6953bc6c
New

Laos

thank you.
2022-7-15
Use props
djiuser_YEnUiB7LQ6mV
New

Sri Lanka

Same here. Unfortunately my one olso face same error . Yesterday i was fly mavic air2 with rc231 controller .when flying onece appear error msg "mobile device cpu fully loded"after that live view is stuck but thare still rc link work fine and i land the drone and power off remort and drone.after that case remort is not power on again not indicate battery level or charging .have any one face this error or repair done for this kind erroe
2022-8-17
Use props
WillemOudie
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi, I had the same issue with my brand new DJI Mini 3 pro and the new RC with screen build in. Yesterday all was fine I did the firmware updates and powered all the batteries and the remote controller. Unfortunately this morning when I wanted to power up the RC controller it did nothing. I tried new cables even the button combination as you mentioned here didn't work for me.
I will send it back to the store where I bought it last week and ask for a new one. I have not even been able to fly with my new drone, and am very disappointed that for the price of this drone these kind of issues occur. I really hope the new RC controller will not have the same issue.
2022-8-31
Use props
Trickeedee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9829 ft
South Africa

Hi.  My Mini Mavic controller (less than 1 hour flying time, but no longer under warranty) is not turning on.  I press the power button once, the light comes on and then hold the power button down and all the lights come on sequentially and then it switches off....?  
Has anyone experience the same and did they find a solution?
Many thanks in advance
2022-9-8
Use props
fanse7380a10
lvl.1

Senegal

SOLUTION:  Connect to charger with a known good cable while holding power button down for 15seconds and the custom button underneath

I had previously tried holding down the power button for a long time and that hadn’t worked.  But the above button combination at the same time as plugging in the USB-C cable got it to boot up and start charging normally.

Hi,

Thank you, I have the same issue, this morning it was working well and this afternoon after loading an authorization. It was impossible to power the smart controller on. I tried with plug-in the USB’C and holding the power button and the FN one without success. I need gel urgently I am on the field and Inneed the dron. Thanks
2022-9-21
Use props
djiuser_QqNdiV6h2ALI
New

Philippines

Hello! May I know what custom button underneath you are referring to? I am experiencing the exact same thing but I can’t get to fix the issue with the same solution as yours. Thank you!
2022-10-24
Use props
djiuser_rfKE3tyTkAqN
New

United States

I just bought the Mavic 3 Classic with the remote and it worked great this morning.  This afternoon i am no longer able to get it to turn on.  I have tried everything.  
2022-11-5
Use props
holograff
New
France

Didn't work for me, RC is brand new ... shame
2022-12-25
Use props
fans854d7ae7
New

Turkey

İ recently bought a mavic 3 and the new rc controller. İ have done  a few days of flying and then the rc controller stopped working. İ cant get it to restart
2023-1-26
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ditto...M3 Classic with RC. Flew it once and it was dead when I went to use it the next time. (1 week later)
2023-2-5
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did those who sent it in have to send the drone, too, or just the remote?
2023-2-5
Use props
Moulin
New

Poland

Hi. I have the same problem right now. Do you have the solution for this issue?
2023-2-23
Use props
djiuser_i5fysGyn7Zpo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300082 ft
Canada

Same issue, except on the brand new DJI smart remote. Followed every possible suggestion of reseting it but to no avail.
Following the software update (latest one as of today 24-02-23) and one test flight, remote would not turn on. No LED lights, not charging or responding in any way.
This is a 400 dollar remote that is 5 months old and maybe saw 6 or so uses, completely unacceptable when you see the amount of people experiencing the same issue.
2023-2-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_i5fysGyn7Zpo Posted at 2-24 10:23
Same issue, except on the brand new DJI smart remote. Followed every possible suggestion of reseting it but to no avail.
Following the software update (latest one as of today 24-02-23) and one test flight, remote would not turn on. No LED lights, not charging or responding in any way.
This is a 400 dollar remote that is 5 months old and maybe saw 6 or so uses, completely unacceptable when you see the amount of people experiencing the same issue.

File a warranty claim.
2023-2-24
Use props
djiuser_Ogg4FOSVKwb7
New

United States

Just purchased the mavic 3 classic and the controller screen wont turn on. It charges, the green lights blink but the screen wont come on. Any advice?
2023-3-27
Use props
djiuser_cXkHrwo7KQbh
New

Singapore

Hi I am a Mini2 user, when I start my first charging of remote, it can’t turn on again, please help
2023-4-2
Use props
djiuser_Gh0WqIB2aMwI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1090463 ft
Nigeria

Good afternoon, my smart controller for the DJI M300 RTK drone is not coming up even with a charged external battery.
2023-4-8
Use props
Ali engineer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 827621 ft
Iraq

KlooGee Posted at 2021-10-11 05:36
Just as an update to this thread, yesterday I had an issue where my Smart Controller froze up while booting up.  It froze on black screen with the white DJI logo.  Pressing and holding the power button just made the controller vibrate, but didn't do anything.  I then simultaneously pressed and held down the Power button and the custom button on the back on the same side as the power button.  After holding down for a while (maybe 10-15 seconds), it ended up turning off.  

After doing this, then I turned it on again and everything has seemed to function normally again.  Not sure why it happened, but thought I'd share in case someone else runs into the same thing.

I have the same problem with the new rc controller from dji mini 3 pro. I unpacked the drone today and turned on the controller. After 30 min of charging it doesn't turn on anymore. Even the lamps are not blinking.

2023-5-3
Use props
Gabriel Esposito
New
Flight distance : 1270 ft

United Kingdom

Thanks that worked
But my one was 1min holding the power button with the charger connected.
See #5

GL300E NOT TURNING ON
FIXED
2023-5-16
Use props
saadii
lvl.1

Pakistan

fans937cabeb Posted at 2020-6-25 07:11
Joining the team with the same issue.
The controller will not start!
I followed every single instruction/tip provided in this thread.

did you found any solution? i am stuck in same thing
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_6PsqtsK2JFV5
New

Panama

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-7-28 16:00
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what happened to your Smart controller prior to experience this problem? Please press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then the remote controller will restart and return to the normal state. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Hello, you do this when the controller is off??
2023-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_6PsqtsK2JFV5 Posted at 6-13 02:49
Hello, you do this when the controller is off??

Please try it with both on and off and keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_icr0Liiolu14
New

Italy

Anch’io ho L’RC, ho provato a tenere il tasto di accensione per 20 secondi ma niente, anche provando a premere contemporaneamente il tasto di accensione e quello personalizzato ma niente. Come posso fare?
2023-6-18
Use props
djiuser_icr0Liiolu14
New

Italy

Ali engineer Posted at 5-3 05:51

Hai risolto? Se si come hai fatto? Anch’io ho questo problema
2023-6-18
Use props
djiuser_icr0Liiolu14
New

Italy

Gabriel Esposito Posted at 5-16 06:57
Thanks that worked
But my one was 1min holding the power button with the charger connected.
See #5

Anch’io ho lo stesso problema. Come hai risolto?
2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_icr0Liiolu14 Posted at 6-18 10:23
Anch’io ho L’RC, ho provato a tenere il tasto di accensione per 20 secondi ma niente, anche provando a premere contemporaneamente il tasto di accensione e quello personalizzato ma niente. Come posso fare?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please take a short video showing your controller when you press the power button or attempt to turn it on? Please confirm if the LED will show when charging. Let us know the result. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-25
Use props
djiuser_iGf8oM93SVvC
New

United States

I'm so glad you got it figured out, I'm having the same problem with mine.  Can I ask what you mean by the "custom button bellow" I am using the SC for my M300, and the only "custom buttons are C1 and C2 on the rear of the controller.  There is a button called 5C, is that what you mean.  Also, are you holding down both buttons simultaneously, or in a certain sequence?

Thanks!!!
2023-7-1
Use props
djiuser_P7tgz5CrNxHg
New

United States

Well my mini 2 controller wont come on. Thanks DJI. I tried the hold the power, plug in and hold it down, hold it down with custom.....still nothing. The led lights come on when its plugged in and then they go out. Still nada
2023-7-12
Use props
William_Jey
New
Norway

I followed your tip and got the remote control back to life. Thanks for a useful tip.
2023-7-23
Use props
djiuser_KRhEHClytXwt
New

France

Hello, same fu__i ng problem today with my genuine mavic air pro 2 rc controller, the rc231.
Unused for several weeks, but batteries still well maintained, i made the firmware update this morning before flying. Before going to my spot on the afternoon, i made sure everything was working and it was.
A few hours later on my spot, i plug my smartphone on the controller and press the button to turn it on as usual and nothing happens. Angry and disappointed because i’m on my holidays destination with wonderful views, and i don’t know any solution to solve the problem.
Maybe you have a tip for me ?
Thanks

2023-7-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules