1426 7 2019-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JanarK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 345089 ft
Finland

Hello!
I was hosting a little game, where people used FPV glasses to get 2D view from above. Drone was standing still on air about 160 feet for about 30 minutes (battery swap also) After the event, i was showing around to people from above with fpv glasses, i backwarding and raising to 490 feet. And then starting to move straight with sport mode and suddenly one of motors just fly off and fly away (Motor with propeller), Inspire came directly down to ground and smashed up totally. I send drone to DJI Netherland, i synced also flight logs and tell exact situation. Drone have been there about three weeks, they asked also extra logs from tablet lately. I send those also, about week it was quiet and now they send me photo of red market sticker and told, this motor (which fly away) had water damage and if i want to replacement, i have to pay, because this isnt warranty case anymore. I was surprised, water damaged? How? I have never been flying with rain or snow with this unit. I have been extremely careful with it, because this is my second Inspire. First one i hit the tree and DJI said then also, this unit has also water damaged and cannot be repair, i was surprised, but they convince me that it could be before the crash, i bought first unit from retail shop and it was used unit. So i thought maybe they (shop) just screwed me and sold me a unit which had water damage already.
It irritates me that, new Inpsire which now falled down, had also DJI CARE, but i didnt notice that it just ended 20 days before crash, i was wondering why they didnt send any email about that its going to expire so that i can rebuy this. Also how can be that only one of the motor have water damage? And how water damage can cause that motor will break metal parts apart.
Anyway. I asked also from support about water damage and they just reply that, their mechanics have discovered that this unit had water damage BEFORE the crash. That no way sticker has changed color after the crash. Not even after impact with ground. Also i remember i leaved drone into the car after the crash during the night. I asked then if they definitely know that when water damaged came, maybe they inlighting me also when this came from. Now they replyd that they doesnt now exact time but still it was before the accident, and that caused crash.
Anyway i have looked logs for several times, but i think i dont know how to read them correctly maybe (i used airdata app and csv reader) I attached also flight log, maybe someone can take a look and explain me this little bit better.
.dat ,  .csvlog  and .txt log is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q1f2ca9xess292v/AACH2tA5zjR3fjPRKGgV8e66a?dl=0
Here is also photo after few second of the crash, drone is untouched in this photo, in same situation i found it on the ground, one of motors which fly away, i found 50meters from crash site. Dont mind yellow duct tape, its for my own purpose.

2019-7-29
Use props
JanarK
lvl.1
Finland

2019-7-29
Use props
JanarK
lvl.1
Finland

Inspire started to spinning and coming straight down* I dont know how to edit post. And also photos which i linked, doesnt appear.
But here are links:
https://imgur.com/ewFUAkD
https://imgur.com/a/vAyav3v
https://imgur.com/a/TdmPfiQ
https://imgur.com/a/nhfEOEF
2019-7-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with us. We already forwarded this issue to the Designated Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-7-29
Use props
JanarK
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Diana Posted at 7-29 12:14
Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with us. We already forwarded this issue to the Designated Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. Appreciate your support and understanding.

Hi Diana! Thank you for nice warm reply but little update for the story. Someone contacted me as you told yes, and now it isnt question about, when the sticker changed the color, but now i just realized the question is that, dji support doesnt believe at all that motor fly off. Im just wordless. How can i proof it? I have send you all the logs, i send you a photo which has taken just a seconds after the crash(you can check it from the photo exif info and compare the time)  , drone is untouched there.Its still turned on, drone was still logging. In the photo you see that ONE OF MOTORS IS MISSING.  https://imgur.com/a/aItM0Gz
Number 1 point was when we heard the noise and see the drone spinning around,  first we saw that dead bird is falling also,  when it landed, we saw that it was motor with propeller.
Number 2 point is where drone landed, Number 3 point is where motor landed, it hit first the roof of that small building and then falled on the ground.
I mean i have done everything and you still believe me. I had like a 30 people over there, do i need to bring them to court house to get my justice. Its just unbelievable.  It just makes me...arrggg...
2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JanarK Posted at 7-31 14:05
Hi Diana! Thank you for nice warm reply but little update for the story. Someone contacted me as you told yes, and now it isnt question about, when the sticker changed the color, but now i just realized the question is that, dji support doesnt believe at all that motor fly off. Im just wordless. How can i proof it? I have send you all the logs, i send you a photo which has taken just a seconds after the crash(you can check it from the photo exif info and compare the time)  , drone is untouched there.Its still turned on, drone was still logging. In the photo you see that ONE OF MOTORS IS MISSING.  https://imgur.com/a/aItM0Gz
Number 1 point was when we heard the noise and see the drone spinning around,  first we saw that dead bird is falling also,  when it landed, we saw that it was motor with propeller.
Number 2 point is where drone landed, Number 3 point is where motor landed, it hit first the roof of that small building and then falled on the ground.

Hi JanarK, yes I can imagine how frustrating that is and again apologies for all the troubles you've had. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. I'll point out what you had mentioned here in Forum for more inputs. I'll keep an eye on this. Thank you for your patience.
2019-8-1
Use props
JanarK
lvl.1

Hey! Little update. After long long discussions, they reopen the case (I think its because of this motor photo what i bring it up to them many times, but they didnt reply on that. One of the photos show the motor screw holes, two holes are completely clean, untouchable like it there wasnt any screws in at all. Also the same drone was sold as new to me, dji support said it many times, i have messages log of that but after research i found it wasnt new at all, just furnished) Anyway now they took it into warranty. They send new (furnished) back, but forget my gimbal, after two weeks i got finally gimbal also back. Im happy that they finally make further investigation and i will thank
Stefan van den Berk (Support supervisor) for taking a look into investigation.
But still im not happy at all about whole process. Almost two months of my time wasting just to proof something.  And you really need to think something better about those stickers, its just a damn scam as also many local repair shop complaints that they have issues with them.
2019-9-10
Use props
JanarK
lvl.1

refurbished*
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules