1362 4 2019-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, as my DJI Care Refresh expires next month, can anyone in the UK recommend an insurer for accidental damage. I belong to FPV.UK which provides public liability to £5 million,  my house insurance covers theft,  I have seen an insurance company called FLYICARUS that provides cover for about £100, includes loss over water,  anyone had experience with them ?
2019-7-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mavic57pro2. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilot with regards to what is the best drone insurance in UK. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-29
Use props
Mark-oo
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi mavic57pro2, I've just got my first drone and also looking for insurance. Flyicarus is one that i have been looking at. There seems to be 3 main exclusions and the only one thats of no interest is drone racing, so thats fine. The other 2 exclusion you'll have to think about. the first is night flying, do you ever fly at night? If you dont then thats fine but if you fly into the dusk that might be a grey area that you'll have to check. the last exclusion is theft. if you are quite sure that you're covered on your household insurance for theft then you shouldn't have a problem with the cover. the only other thing is the excess of £130 a go. good luck finding something that suits. Just remember that if you do, please post it so other people (mainly me). can benefit
2019-7-29
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark-oo Posted at 7-29 12:15
Hi mavic57pro2, I've just got my first drone and also looking for insurance. Flyicarus is one that i have been looking at. There seems to be 3 main exclusions and the only one thats of no interest is drone racing, so thats fine. The other 2 exclusion you'll have to think about. the first is night flying, do you ever fly at night? If you dont then thats fine but if you fly into the dusk that might be a grey area that you'll have to check. the last exclusion is theft. if you are quite sure that you're covered on your household insurance for theft then you shouldn't have a problem with the cover. the only other thing is the excess of £130 a go. good luck finding something that suits. Just remember that if you do, please post it so other people (mainly me). can benefit

I have my drone as an item on my house insurance for theft including away from home. DJI care refresh also has an excess of £99 for first replacement, £109 for second. FLYICARUS may be the solution when my DJI care refresh ends. Will see if anyone comes back with any others worth considering.
2019-7-29
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

State Farm in the states is good..
2019-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now