Monitoring your video using the phone holder on the side.
7459 17 2019-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Abraham Reyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you able to monitor your video via the Ronin App? I don't see the purpouse for the side phone holder joint other than to tweak the app on the go un less you can actually use it to monitor the live feed from your camera.

81801096-7d8e-4cd1-900f-c360fc6fc2f2.jpg
2019-7-29
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Side holder is not for use with Active Track or Force Mobile features. You can definitely use the side mount to hold your phone for other features (time lapse, motion lapse, etc.) though.
2019-7-31
Use props
jamiemosberg
lvl.1
United States

I can't find anywhere to make the image from the camera on the SC show up on my iphone7. Turned on Bluetooth and I have the cable connected but nowhere on the app allows to see the image?
2019-8-16
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jamiemosberg Posted at 8-16 23:31
I can't find anywhere to make the image from the camera on the SC show up on my iphone7. Turned on Bluetooth and I have the cable connected but nowhere on the app allows to see the image?

That is not a feature of the Ronin app. You would use a separate app on the side-mounted (or otherwise) phone to monitor.
2019-8-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool set up
2019-8-17
Use props
jamiemosberg
lvl.1
United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 8-17 02:00
That is not a feature of the Ronin app. You would use a separate app on the side-mounted (or otherwise) phone to monitor.

and what app might that be, please?
2019-8-17
Use props
jiD One above all
lvl.4
Flight distance : 137388 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

jamiemosberg Posted at 8-17 05:31

It Depends on camera ( sony = sony app ) canon = canon app ) . And so on, Camera and phone with  talking togetherby the App .  nothing to do with the Ronin at the moment .

So if your camera has Wi-Fi Or Bluetooth and there is at app . You can do it camera and phone it is compatible :O)
2019-8-17
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jamiemosberg Posted at 8-17 05:31
As jiD One above all  said, the app will depend on your camera. Can you reply with your camera model? Then, we can better answer your question.
2019-8-17
Use props
jamiemosberg
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, thats what I figured. Too bad you can't use the Ronin app if you want to monitor your camera and make adjustments....seems like a no brainer for DJI to have made that possible and to me that is this gimbals biggest failure!  I was definitely led to believe this was a feature and didn't imagine what they were showing was only attributed to the marketing of Tracking Mode which is definitely not what they should've done first before monitoring capabilities  similar to the DJI Go 4 app for Mavic. What a let down. If I had known, I would've stuck with my other gimbal and just added a phone holder and used the Sony app. @%*#
2019-8-17
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

jiD One above all Posted at 8-17 09:38
It Depends on camera ( sony = sony app ) canon = canon app ) . And so on, Camera and phone with  talking togetherby the App .  nothing to do with the Ronin at the moment .

So if your camera has Wi-Fi Or Bluetooth and there is at app . You can do it camera and phone it is compatible :O)

Nikon = Nikon app   : )  
2019-8-18
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

jamiemosberg Posted at 8-17 19:09
Thanks, thats what I figured. Too bad you can't use the Ronin app if you want to monitor your camera and make adjustments....seems like a no brainer for DJI to have made that possible and to me that is this gimbals biggest failure!  I was definitely led to believe this was a feature and didn't imagine what they were showing was only attributed to the marketing of Tracking Mode which is definitely not what they should've done first before monitoring capabilities  similar to the DJI Go 4 app for Mavic. What a let down. If I had known, I would've stuck with my other gimbal and just added a phone holder and used the Sony app. @%*#

Uhmm... how does a gimble remotely display video it is not shooting?  This is all your camera... be mad at your camera man.  ...or buy a Ninja V and be happy.
2019-8-18
Use props
Abraham Reyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chrome Dome Posted at 8-18 08:15
Uhmm... how does a gimble remotely display video it is not shooting?  This is all your camera... be mad at your camera man.  ...or buy a Ninja V and be happy.

I understand where he is coming form, though. It's very common for gimbals to help transmit live video feed from your camera without using the native camera app. An example may be the Zhyun-Tech LAB series that are practically plug and play out of the box and for a much cheaper price than the DJI RONIN series.

The reason I made this post was because I thought the picture was quite misleading when it came to wireless video transmission via the Ronin app.
2019-8-18
Use props
jamiemosberg
lvl.1
United States

Chrome Dome Posted at 8-18 08:15

Hmm ...first of all please don't insult my intelligence. The camera is connected to the gimbal via cable and every ad for this device shows an iPhone displaying the camera view. You can monitor any camera from a gimbal obviously via HDMI to a monitor but to make that work thru your phone would be a game changer.
2019-8-19
Use props
jamiemosberg
lvl.1
United States

jamiemosberg Posted at 8-19 16:19
Hmm ...first of all please don't insult my intelligence. The camera is connected to the gimbal via cable and every ad for this device shows an iPhone displaying the camera view. You can monitor any camera from a gimbal obviously via HDMI to a monitor but to make that work thru your phone would be a game changer.

How do you think the Mavic camera gets to your iPhone? Its connected thru the gimbal right? Thats all camera right?  
2019-8-19
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

jamiemosberg Posted at 8-19 16:19

Lol.  K bud. Sounds like DJI should hire you to invent this never before seen gimbal.
2019-8-20
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

jamiemosberg Posted at 8-19 16:26
How do you think the Mavic camera gets to your iPhone? Its connected thru the gimbal right? Thats all camera right?

Its an app man. An app.   Lol
2019-8-20
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jamiemosberg Posted at 8-19 16:26

That camera and app are developed by a single company to work together. What you want is DJI to design an app that works with a lot of cameras (from different manufacturers) that may or may not even have a means to communicate with other devices or apps.
2019-8-20
Use props
djiuser_I5C4ycGJ7diH
New

United Kingdom

Any of you guys experiencing phone holder being loose - ? As soon as you put your phone in the holder, the whole unit keeps falling or twisting. It appears that the tightening screw cannot tighten enough to allow both fixed assembly AND being able to twist your phone??
2022-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules