2224 6 2019-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pablosu
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi everyone,

First time I post there.

So I got the Ronin S + the Nikon Z6 + the Atomos Ninja V. I wanted to use the focus wheel on the Ronin S but when I connect the cable MCC-C, the Atomos stops receiving the video signal from the camera. Do you guys have a workaround for this issue?

Any other member of the forum that has the Z6, what's the best setting for autofocus while walking around with the Ronin S? It's always a bit tricky jumpy.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
2019-7-30
Use props
haiimlong
lvl.1
United States

Hey Pablo, so far the Ronin S+Nikon Z6+Ninja V does not work together. I myself have the same issue you are having when I connect my MCC-C to the ronin S to my Nikon Z6. For your autofocus problem, anytime I connect to my Ninja V  the auto focus is not as great as in camera recording. I am guessing this will be fixed soon with either Nikon or Atomos.
2019-8-1
Use props
jobu
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Pablo,  I have an external monitor with my z6 and am having the same problem . I have been waiting for a new firmware update and made DJI aware as well . They don't get in a hurry about anything though .
2019-8-5
Use props
joeuphotography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294180 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone have an update on this situation? Was a firmware update ever released to allow the Z6 to be used with focus wheel/Ronin controls AND Ninja V at the same time? Lot's of complaints of this issue on the forum, but no updates as to whether it's been resolved.
2020-5-11
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's the same with the Sony A7III.  Focus wheel and monitor/recorder don't work at the same time.  
2020-5-14
Use props
Cayton828
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2358383 ft
  • >>>
United States

sky_makai Posted at 5-14 10:28
It's the same with the Sony A7III.  Focus wheel and monitor/recorder don't work at the same time.
Just out of curiosity I have the Sony a7r4 connected to the small HD from the ronin S. Every time I hit record the screen goes black but shows all the record details.  just thought I'd see if you had any ideas
Screenshot_20200522-024814_Video Editor.jpg
2020-5-21
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cayton828 Posted at 5-21 22:53
Just out of curiosity I have the Sony a7r4 connected to the small HD from the ronin S. Every time I hit record the screen goes black but shows all the record details.  just thought I'd see if you had any ideas

You have to turn off live info display so you're viewing a clean HDMI output from the camera.
2020-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules