Ronin-SC AND lumix G7
6228 6 2019-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cially
lvl.1

Italy

Hi, my name is Mattia and I'm Italian: so, I apologize for my english.

I have the Panasonic G7 camera and I'd like to buy the new Ronin SC gimbal but this camera is not in the list of compatible cameras.
If I had to buy it, it would remain unused using this camera? The main functions such as stabilization, motionlaps or Roll 360 could work?

I have these lenses:

• Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F/3.5-5.6
  • Panasonic 25mm F/1.7
  • Samyang 12mm F/2.0

What do you tell me about follow focus? Would it work only with compatible lenses? Or could I make it work with my lenses too?

Thanks!

2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Cially, testing has shown that Ronin-SC can provide stability for cameras with a payload of 2 kg, but certain models of cameras may not be able to use the Ronin-SC control function. We cannot guarantee all the functions are available in your camera, hope other users who have the same camera could give you some advice.
2019-7-31
Use props
Cially
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-31 03:15
Hi Cially, testing has shown that Ronin-SC can provide stability for cameras with a payload of 2 kg, but certain models of cameras may not be able to use the Ronin-SC control function. We cannot guarantee all the functions are available in your camera, hope other users who have the same camera could give you some advice.

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the reply. I understand, I'm waiting to see if any other users can find out about it
Is there a way to position my post in the top positions, to make it appear to as many users as possible?

Kind regards,
Mattia
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cially Posted at 8-1 00:29
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the reply. I understand, I'm waiting to see if any other users can find out about it

Sorry that usually we only top the tutorial, firmware and digest posts. Did you try to inquire in Facebook Ronin-SC group? More users are there and you may get some advice.
2019-8-3
Use props
Tech Tips Media
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17523 ft
Bulgaria

Cially Posted at 8-1 00:29
Hi Mindy,

Hello!
I wonder if there's any newer information regarding the Lumix G7 working with the Ronin SC?
2019-11-25
Use props
Cannor
New
United Kingdom

Hi everyone. I have the Panasonic RSS Control Cable and can confirm that the Ronin-SC and Lumix G7 DO work with each other, even though the G7 isn't officially supported. You can start and stop recording on the gimbal, and half-press the button for shutter focus (if you use it). I use the 12-35mm f2.8 II, 42.5mm f1.7, and the 45-150mm F4-5.6 lenses as well as the Smallrig G7 cage; the camera balances on the gimbal with any of those lenses, although it takes a bit of experimenting to get the balance right!

Hope this helps someone!
2019-12-16
Use props
Adrian Kadama Wirya
New

Indonesia

Cannor Posted at 2019-12-16 17:05
Hi everyone. I have the Panasonic RSS Control Cable and can confirm that the Ronin-SC and Lumix G7 DO work with each other, even though the G7 isn't officially supported. You can start and stop recording on the gimbal, and half-press the button for shutter focus (if you use it). I use the 12-35mm f2.8 II, 42.5mm f1.7, and the 45-150mm F4-5.6 lenses as well as the Smallrig G7 cage; the camera balances on the gimbal with any of those lenses, although it takes a bit of experimenting to get the balance right!

Hope this helps someone!

wow are you serious? thats cool bcs i looking to every web and youtube if lumix can be used with gimbal, and you asnwered it thankyou
2020-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules