Ronin S - unprofessional footage
808 9 2019-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FollowOliver
lvl.1
United States

I've had my Ronin S for a few days now. I have set everything up properly. Perfectly balanced (including the charger under a tripod leg trick) - all excellent. Calibrated, auto-tuned. Tweaked all smooth track settings. Everything on "low". Absolutely everything I have tried still produces awful shaky footage. I'm assuming I need to return it? I can get better footage handheld...

Awful footage example https://youtu.be/3DVtLZFi4nc
2019-7-31
Use props
FollowOliver
lvl.1
United States

I've tried to make a clickable link and it simply won't work. I give up. DJI, this is a terrible experience everywhere I turn.
2019-7-31
Use props
Rferrand
lvl.2

Spain

welcome to the club
2019-7-31
Use props
FollowOliver
lvl.1
United States

Gee, thanks haha. I guess I am returning mine and going Glidecam. I swear there is a conspiracy with people that promote this thing. I would bet my life that ALL of their footage is utilizing heavy warp stabilization. In fact, you'll see people in the wedding videography industry talking about their Ronin S, but then you never see them using it behind the scenes. Hmm...
2019-7-31
Use props
Dextera
lvl.2
Austria

Any stabilization active on camera or objective?
2019-7-31
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Flight distance : 1638366 ft
Germany

2019-7-31
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Germany

You seem to complain about the axis that are not stabilised.
The Ronin doesn't stabilise up/down - left/right - forward/backward movements.

It has nothing to do with the Ronin, that is your own error. Use a monopod, lean the monopod on something,
use your hands to limit movement, train to use your gear.

2019-7-31
Use props
FollowOliver
lvl.1
United States

Gregor Queck Posted at 7-31 14:09
You seem to complain about the axis that are not stabilised.
The Ronin doesn't stabilise up/down - left/right - forward/backward movements.

So I can shoot beautifully smooth footage with a Glidecam....but I'm just an idiot and don't know how to "use my equipment" regarding the Ronin S. Makes sense.  Just curious, since you're obviously an expert, why is there so much shake in my Ronin footage and I saw NONE when using a Glidecam? Thanks hun.
2019-8-2
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Germany

FollowOliver Posted at 8-2 06:03
So I can shoot beautifully smooth footage with a Glidecam....but I'm just an idiot and don't know how to "use my equipment" regarding the Ronin S. Makes sense.  Just curious, since you're obviously an expert, why is there so much shake in my Ronin footage and I saw NONE when using a Glidecam? Thanks hun.

Show me the same shot as Glidecam footage.
Thanks cracker.
2019-8-2
Use props
DJI DJI IS GOOD
lvl.2

France

Hahahaha that's so funny
2019-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules