Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

By DJI

DJI has redefined the drone racing industry with their new digital FPV System. It delivers lower latency rates, stunning HD resolution, and an immersive FPV flying experience. This revolutionary solution consists of the DJI FPV Air Unit Module, DJI FPV Camera, DJI FPV Goggles, and DJI FPV Remote Controller (RC), each packed with incredible features.

Here, we will be unboxing the DJI FPV System and revealing everything that comes with the standard box. We will also be highlighting the specs and features that make this product the perfect FPV solution.

Unboxing and Appearance

There’s plenty to discuss about the DJI FPV System but first, let’s have a quick look inside!

In the box

The DJI FPV System is equipped with everything you’ll need for your next FPV adventure. Inside the standard box you’ll find:

DJI FPV Air Unit Module

DJI FPV Camera (4 M2 screws included) × 1
Coaxial cable × 1
DJI FPV Air Unit × 1
3-in-1 cable × 1
Antenna (MMCX elbow) × 2

Goggles

DJI FPV Goggles (foam padding included) × 1
Power cable × 1
Antenna × 4
Headband × 1
USB-C Cable × 1
Sleeve × 1

RC

DJI FPV RC (WB37 battery included) × 1

Highlights
A New Era of FPV Racing

The new DJI HD Low Latency FPV Transmission technology (DJI HDL FPV Transmission), for the first time, provides pilots with remarkable HD resolution and latency rates lower than 28 ms, helping to elevate your FPV experience to incredible new heights!

8 Channels, 8 Drones

With an upgraded transmission technology, the DJI FPV Air Unit is equipped with eight frequency channels, which allows eight drones to fly simultaneously. With each pilot having their own channel, cross-interference is reduced, providing an optimal racing experience. *

* There are up to eight channels for DJI FPV Goggles depending on the region (FCC: 8, CE/SRRC: 4, MIC: 3). Each channel has a bandwidth of 20 MHz. The default channel is eight and only one pilot at a time is allowed to use this channel. All channels operate under a 5.8GHz frequency.

Anti-Interference Digital Transmission

The DJI HDL FPV Transmission technology utilizes a two-way communication system to stabilize signal connections, granting pilots more flexibility while flying through challenging areas.

Smooth HD Image Quality

DJI FPV Goggles support and record in 720p/60fps and feature a 720p/120fps HD live view. This high-quality resolution is paired with latency rates lower than 28 ms, delivering a clear view and fast performance.

1080p Aerial Footage

Capture breathtaking videos in picturesque locations with the DJI FPV Air Unit, which provides pilots with 1080p/60fps recording.

7ms low latency

The latency between the DJI FPV Air Unit and the DJI FPV Remote Controller can go as low as 7 ms, allowing pilots to send flight commands faster and complete difficult aerial stunts.

Integrated Control
4km Control Distance

During drone operation, the DJI FPV Remote Controller can control the DJI FPV Air Unit for up to 4 km, allowing pilots to fly farther with consistently stable signal strength. *

* 4km maximum transmission distance; FCC: 4 km, CE: 0.7 km, SRRC: 4 km.

4-in-1 Closed-Loop Control

The DJI FPV Remote Controller’s closed-loop software allows users to remotely set parameters for DJI FPV Goggles, the DJI FPV Air Unit, and the DJI FPV Camera, increasing stabilization and reducing operational errors.

Dynamic Filming Capabilities

The DJI FPV Camera has a 150° ultra-wide-angle lens, which allows users to capture more landscape into the frame. Pilots can also select from three camera modes (Racing, Standard, LED) to overcome challenges in different flying scenarios as well as adjust screen brightness and saturation to obtain a vivid image.

Accessories that Boost Your FPV Experience

Equip yourself with an array of incredible accessories for the DJI FPV System and its accompanying components.

Click Here to DJI Store>>

The content origins from DJI BUYINGGUIDES

2019-7-31
Use props
Dave50W
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341115 ft
Australia

Will the race edition goggles work with the new race air unit?
2019-7-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks fantastic - was wondering when DJI would enter this market
2019-7-31
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

This is all very interesting, can the googles and the air unit work separately from the controller?
I mean...what if I want to use another radio whatever the reason...I don't honestly get why the controller...
I'll throw in a couple of examples:
1)pros already love their FrSky transmitters and are unlikely do drop them because it's opensource...
2)what if I want to use the air unit and the googles on an inspire 2 because of the low latency and the immersive view unavailable otherwise...the small Inspire 2 FPV window on the DJI Go4 APP doesn't cut it!

We need more info for this to be appealing.
2019-7-31
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Looks fantastic - but the price.....
2019-7-31
Use props
escore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Can the goggles or controller be used somehow with existing DJI drones?
2019-7-31
Use props
djiuser_t6eZYl6o1YMs
New

United States

Wow!  Do these goggles offer an external video input via USB-C?
2019-7-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Nice to see
2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dave50W Posted at 7-31 06:02
Will the race edition goggles work with the new race air unit?

Hey Dave500W, the DJI Digital FPV System does not support DJI Goggles RE.
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

escore Posted at 7-31 11:01

Hi escore, the DJI Digital FPV System uses the latest HDL technology and is not compatible with existing DJI drones, sorry about that.
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_t6eZYl6o1YMs Posted at 7-31 14:47
Wow!  Do these goggles offer an external video input via USB-C?

Hi there, the DJI FPV Goggles do not support external video input via USB-C.
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-31 10:22
This is all very interesting, can the googles and the air unit work separately from the controller?
I mean...what if I want to use another radio whatever the reason...I don't honestly get why the controller...

Hi there, DJI Digital FPV System is not compatible with third-party controllers, but you can mount your remote controller receiver to the flight control so that a third-party controller can be used with another transmission system. However, if you use the third-party controller, I'm afraid that you may not be able to enjoy the ultra-low control delay of 7ms and the complete DJI FPV digital image transmission product experience.
Also, the system is not compatible with Inspire 2 for now. Appreciate your support and attention.
2019-8-1
Use props
djiuser_C8VZsixBn12q
lvl.1

France

Hi,
Does the headset have head tracking ?
Are the CE / FCC mode configurable with software or are they two different hardwares ?
Thank you,
Arnaud
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool looking set up
2019-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

When will DJI produce it's own racing drone?
2019-8-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

CE: 0.7km

If anything they should be some sort of augmented Geo-fence because you can't really RTH when you lose signal from getting carried away.
2019-8-1
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft
United States

Curious to see when the corrective lenses for the goggles will come out. They're mentioned in the product hardware video but there's no page for it in the store.
2019-8-1
Use props
skyblu
lvl.1

Switzerland

Interesting, but given the price point, DJI's seriously lagging repair service and historic non-availability of cheap spare parts might make this dead in the water..
2019-8-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Attaching some NVIDIA Jetson AI to the downlink feed would be cool.
2019-8-2
Use props
CristianFed
lvl.1
Norway

escore Posted at 7-31 11:01

Hi, did you get any answer for this question?
2019-8-4
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Nice to know the information
2019-8-4
Use props
escore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

CristianFed Posted at 8-4 04:26
Hi, did you get any answer for this question?
"Hi escore, the DJI Digital FPV System uses the latest HDL technology and is not compatible with existing DJI drones, sorry about that."
2019-8-4
Use props
Gama-gama
lvl.1

Canada

Woe Posted at 8-1 09:13
When will DJI produce it's own racing drone?

They pump out products randomly so the answer would be... one day, one day!
2019-8-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gama-gama Posted at 8-9 07:49
They pump out products randomly so the answer would be... one day, one day!

this is very true
2019-8-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see!
2019-8-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-24
Use props
Shervin Koushan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196037 ft

I love how the helmet looks
2019-9-27
Use props
McDiver
lvl.2

Hi! Will it be possible to get the video on a external monitor?
2019-10-9
Use props
djiuser_FceB34F2zCZl
New

United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 2019-7-31 10:22

You can use Frysky and whatever you want at least with radios. You probably know that by now. I just switched from fly camera drones to fpv and since I didn't already have a bunch of analog gear like zero amount so I just started fpv with the digital. I like seeing well while flying and its not anymore expensive if your starting from scratch. Looking back it seems like you dont really have to learn to fly camera drones with altitude hold/gps etc. You just have to learn the controls and you can fly. Fpv is much more difficult and a lot of fun. The hard part pays well!

2020-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules