Maverio bt-300 will not connect to Mavic 2 zoom
2808 16 2019-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans142fe134
lvl.1
United States

I just purchased the bt-300 glasses but they will not connect to my Mavic 2 zoom.  I have updated the bt-300 with the lastest and have tried everything I can think of.  It will, however, connect to my Phantom 4.   In attempts to get it to work this is something, a noticed that seems strange.  When I go to Settings (BT-300 Android controller) More.. and select USB tethering, the prompt keeps going back and forth between "USB not connected" to "USB connected, select to tether".   When connected to the Phantom 4 it stays at "USB connected, select to tether".  This makes me thinks there is some issue with the Mavic 2 controller.
Any insight would be much appreciated.  I don' want to have to return the Bt-300, but will have to if I can't get this working.

Thanks,
Cal

2019-7-31
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Make sure you are using a "Data" cable, like the cable that came with your phone/tabby.
AND that you are connected to the bottom port on the controller (bottom underneath the swing out holders), not the side port.
Not all cables are created equal...
2019-7-31
Use props
fans142fe134
lvl.1
United States

Flycaster Posted at 7-31 06:18
Make sure you are using a "Data" cable, like the cable that came with your phone/tabby.
AND that you are connected to the bottom port on the controller (bottom underneath the swing out holders), not the side port.
Not all cables are created equal...

I was using the one that came with the BT-300, but I'll get another one to try - thanks,
2019-7-31
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Let me know. I love my moverio "peepers...."
Acually, if you use the cable that you used with your phone/tabby (I assume those worked), then that actual cable should be good to go.
But length can/may be an issue.

2019-7-31
Use props
fans142fe134
lvl.1
United States

Flycaster Posted at 7-31 07:40
Let me know. I love my moverio "peepers...."
Acually, if you use the cable that you used with your phone/tabby (I assume those worked), then that actual cable should be good to go.
But length can/may be an issue.

I have a friend coming over with his Mavic 2 zoom (same as mine) I will be really curious if it will work with his. I'll post an update when I find out.
2019-7-31
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fans142fe134 Posted at 7-31 13:25
I have a friend coming over with his Mavic 2 zoom (same as mine) I will be really curious if it will work with his. I'll post an update when I find out.

You know there won’t be any support from DJI if you use BT300 to control DJI drone right?  So mostly this is just one way support from Epson.  I had BT300 for a year and I give it up after Mavic 2 launched, because it won’t connected to the Mavic 2 in the beginning.  But I heard that was solved with new firmware....
2019-7-31
Use props
fans142fe134
lvl.1
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 7-31 22:31
You know there won’t be any support from DJI if you use BT300 to control DJI drone right?  So mostly this is just one way support from Epson.  I had BT300 for a year and I give it up after Mavic 2 launched, because it won’t connected to the Mavic 2 in the beginning.  But I heard that was solved with new firmware....

I thought DJI and Epson worked together to get the glasses to work with the dji drones.
I still can't get it to connect.  I reset the BT300 back to the factory settings and reinstalled GO4, but no luck.

If you are not using the BT300, what are you using instead?

Thanks
2019-8-1
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4

Here is a link to APK Pure, where you can find the version that you want to use, there's a "history" of versions.
DJI did work with Epson for a while, then severed "ties"...
I am using a GO4 version from almost 2 years ago, as I haven't uodated anything, bird or controller/batteries. (4.0.4 I think is what I use on my tabby and glasses.)
2019-8-1
Use props
fans142fe134
lvl.1
United States

Flycaster Posted at 8-1 06:16

Here is a link to APK Pure, where you can find the version that you want to use, there's a "history" of versions.

Thanks for the input, but  Still no luck.  So I am returning them.  I guess I'm back to my iPad.   Or, have you tried to DJI googles or what are your thoughts on them?
Cal
2019-8-1
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

It seems to be hit/miss with the Mavic II, some folks got them running, and others not. I was looking at the Mavic owners forum and some got them to work.
The only thing I can think of is it's a firmware issue on the birds themselves????
And yes, I tried the goggles, and wow, they are great to fly with, immersive,  
but I had issues with the size/weight of them, and the number 1 reason I didn't stick with them was I lost my situational awareness,
I did not like not being aware of my surrounds, and if people walk up on you and "surprise" you. Not always having a spotter/buddy with myself.

Have a look at this thread, shows a few things that may help you...
https://forum.dji.com/thread-163301-1-1.html
Have you tried Epson Moverio support?
Youi got the drone edition of the 300's correct?
Here, you can find all the previous versions of the Go4 app, and I am running 4.0.4 with my Mavic I on both my tabby, and Moverios...

2019-8-1
Use props
fans142fe134
lvl.1
United States

Flycaster Posted at 8-1 11:47
It seems to be hit/miss with the Mavic II, some folks got them running, and others not. I was looking at the Mavic owners forum and some got them to work.
The only thing I can think of is it's a firmware issue on the birds themselves????
And yes, I tried the goggles, and wow, they are great to fly with, immersive,  

I do have the drone edition.  I can get it to work with my Phantom 4.    I tried my friends Android phone and it worked with the Mavic 2 ... the usb did have to be plugged into the side of the controller.   I can tell right away if it is going to work by going to Settings / More / USB tethering. It just flips back and forth between "usb connected" to "usb not connected".    With the Phantom 4, the message stays at "usb connected".    I will see if I can get any help from Epson Moverio support.  I was at the web -site but not really helpful.  The assumption is they will just connect...thanks,
2019-8-1
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Call 'em

Contact Us

Phone :

(562) 276-4394

Hours :

Monday – Friday 6 am – 8 pm (PT)
Saturday 7 am – 4 pm (PT)
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Cal. Thank you for reaching out. As of the time being, this matter is a compatible issue between the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and Epson Moverio BT -300 . This accessory hasn't been tested by our DJI engineers, therefore, we couldn't guarantee the stablibilty of the what would be the Epson Moverio BT -300 and outcome of this process when used on the said drone. Thank you for understanding.
2019-8-2
Use props
fans142fe134
lvl.1
United States

Flycaster Posted at 8-1 12:52
Call 'em

Contact Us

Is there anybody out there that has a Mavic 2 Zoom that works with the Moverio BT-300 glasses?
I talked with Epson support and they are not sure if it is actually supported.

Thanks,
Cal

2019-8-2
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fans142fe134 Posted at 8-2 15:50
Is there anybody out there that has a Mavic 2 Zoom that works with the Moverio BT-300 glasses?

This is the biggest confusion of BT300 because neither DJI nor Epson can confirm whether it work with Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom.
2019-8-10
Use props
ChevelleSS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1023320 ft
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2019-8-10 23:12
This is the biggest confusion of BT300 because neither DJI nor Epson can confirm whether it work with Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom.

Remote control RC1A will work M2P. RC2A remote will not work.Smart control will not work with BT300.
Moverio BT35E may work.
2020-11-4
Use props
4Pro_Moverio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3537228 ft
United States

fans142fe134 Posted at 2019-8-2 15:50

I have the Zoom and did experience issues at first try. Having a p4 Pro + as well, I knew the glasses worked. It got so frustrating I gave up for a long time. There was an update for GO 4 when I picked the glasses back up and magically it all worked.
2 most important things regarding this.
1. Use full size USB port in middle bottom of controller.
2. UnPlug the short cable for phone on side of controller. Even with nothing attached, the cables presence is what is recognized and overrides USB connections made to bottom of controller.
Hope this helps!
2021-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules