Ronin SC - Active Track 3
3200 5 2019-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northstar1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73638 ft
United States

Is a cable connection between the Ronin SC and the mounted camera necessary for Active Track 3 to work? Or, rather, is the iPhone connection to the SC sufficient?
2019-7-31
Use props
Cecilsphotos
lvl.1
United States

I don't know if you ever got this to work, but I'm not having any luck with Active Track on the SC either.  I have tried it with an iPhone 8 and a Samsung Note 9.  In both cases, the gimbal just goes crazy looking for something to track.
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Northstar1, sorry for the late response, the cable is not necessary for the Active Track 3.0, but your phone must be in the compatible list and connect to the Ronin-SC.
2019-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cecilsphotos Posted at 8-4 15:20
I don't know if you ever got this to work, but I'm not having any luck with Active Track on the SC either.  I have tried it with an iPhone 8 and a Samsung Note 9.  In both cases, the gimbal just goes crazy looking for something to track.

Hi Cecilsphotos, did you mount the phone holder to the hot shoe on the top of the camera? Please note the mobile phone must be positioned in landscape mode for Active Track 3.0 to work properly. In addition, the phone's lens should be as close as possible to the camera lens.
If the issue persists, any chance to share us a short video for further support? Thank you.
2019-8-5
Use props
Northstar1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73638 ft
United States

Thanks, DJI Mindy. Just what I needed to hear.
2019-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Northstar1 Posted at 8-6 08:13
Thanks, DJI Mindy. Just what I needed to hear.

You are welcome, please keep me updated if you have any further concern.
2019-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules