1628 4 2015-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Just noticed the release of the matrice. A big Barrier for me would be to buy already a plenty of new batteries as I had to for the I1...
The connectors of the I1 TB47 / TB48 Looks quite simiular as on the Batteries for the Matrice (only differnece I've noticed is the round vs the flat top cover of the Batteries)...

Can somebody (may be from DJI) give a official Statement about the compatibility of the batteries for I1 and Matrice...

Thanks and cheers
Flo
2015-6-8
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Considering the Matrice battery and battery compartment are different, Inspire 1 batteries are not compatible.
You can find all this info consulting specs, also on the accesories supported by Matrice on DJI Website.
2015-6-8
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

THX for your quick reply!
Can't understand that....Same capacity, same voltage, same Company but different type of batteries....
This was the killer criteria to not go for the matrice in my case!

Buying and maintaining 10 to 20 batteries per DJI Product is not really economic from my Point of view
2015-6-8
Use props
KnightOwl
lvl.3

United States

Heliflo Posted at 2015-6-9 01:15
Can't understand that....Same capacity, same voltage, same Company but dif ...

I agree with you...what's really starting to annoy me with DJI is their wanton lack of interchangeability! First strike was DJI's claim that the I1 controller could not work with the P3 (though this has been proven incorrect), now the batteries on the Matrice have a slightly different form factor than I1 ones (though it's apparent these are TB47 & TB48 batteries). Will DJI make an "new" incompatible controller for the Matrice so in their ideal world an operator of all three platforms will have three controllers to lug around? Typically when a company introduces complementary products their is some level of compatibility / interchangeability amongst the platforms so the user is enticed to purchase them. With Apple a strong sell (IMO) was iTunes and its extensive functionality....at this point is DJI proposing the Pilot App as that glue? If so, we got a long way to go since the Pilot App is lacking functionality promised months ago and DJI has reportedly outsourced many of this to 3rd party SDK developers.
2015-6-8
Use props
Juanlife
lvl.1

Colombia

Heliflo Posted at 2015-6-9 01:15
Can't understand that....Same capacity, same voltage, same Company but dif ...

i agree...
2015-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules