Inspire 1 No Image Transmission Signal issue
5386 3 2019-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stratovisionmedia
lvl.1

United States

I have an original Inspire 1 that i bought when they were first introduced in 2015.  It has never crashed and until last week never had an issue.  I upgraded to latest firmware for the unit a couple months ago and the upgrade went fine and it operated normally without any issues.  The current firmware is all to date: Aircraft: 1.11.01.50; RC 1.7.80; camera 1.10.01.40 and app 3.1.54.   

I last flew with no issues about a month ago.  Last week, I charged my batteries and attempted to fly.  I was never able to get a video feed from the camera to my ipad.  Instead I got a red "No image transmission signal or "Weak Image Transmission Signal".    The craft takes off and operates as normal only no camera feed shows up on my Ipad. Just a gray screen.  The camera even records on to my SD card however I can't view the footage on my ipad through the DJI GO app.  I can only view it when connected to my Imac.  The video footage looks completley normal.  I have inspected the AC and no cables look loose and there is no damage that I can see.

I have tried deleting the DJI Go App and reinstalling, reformatting the SD card, using another SD Card, taking off the gimbal and cleaning the connections with contact cleaner, using my iphone instead of the ipad, and using a different usb cable. Nothing has worked as I still get the "No Image transmission signal" and I can not see the camera feed on my screen.  I'm flying in a location I've flown numeerous times before with out issue.

After reading similar issues on other forums, I atttemped to downgrade my firmware.  I was able to downgrade the RC firmware but I was unable to downgrade the aircraft FW back to 1.10.  So I went back to the latest FW on my RC and everything works again but the camera feed.

I'm kind of stuck.  Has anyone had this issue and is there anything I can do to rememdy the situatuion short of sending the unit in for repairs which is probably not worth the money due to the age of my Inspire.

Thanks in advance

Karl

Ipad

Ipad
2019-7-31
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Don't give up on your Inspire 1 yet, she's still very capable! I just gave a second chance to mine equally old bird, this time armed with wonderful X5R camera. Anyway, in your case it seem to be a hardware issue, malfunctioning video transmission module or simply loose connector. It will be impossible to determine the cause without body disassembly and examination of main board by qualified and - most importantly - dedicated technician. Unfortunately I wouldn't count on such service provided by Californian DJI repair centre. Most likely they'll offer replacement with an refurb for a hefty price, which - I assume - is not your goal. Try to find somebody skilled enough first in your town, perhaps an authorized DJI dealership in proximity is performing repairs as well ...
2019-7-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Given all of the trouble shooting you have already done this most certainly looks like a hardware fault - definitely send it in to a qualified local repair centre asap.
2019-8-3
Use props
Stratovisionmedia
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the suggestions.

So I took my Inspire I to Seattle Drone Repair this morning and Kale who works there switched out another x-3 with mine and it worked fine.  Normal video feed and no: " No Image Transmission warning!  As the camera still records it seems it must be the video transmitter module that must be bad.  Kale suggested I find another used x-3 on eBay or elsewhere and then sell my x-3 for parts so thats probably what I will do.
2019-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules