Is there a microphone on the Smart Controller?
4449 13 2019-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you want to B-roll sound in Post such as fireworks, I can hear some audio on a recording but it is very low but I don't think it has a microphone.  How do they not add a microphone to the controller?

It's not like it matters too much because C4K60 looks a lot better than it does in 30fps.  You cannot really up the frame rate to 60 and interpolate because it doesn't look good as natural C4K60 resolution off the P4PV2.0.
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Smart controller has a built-in speaker and microphone. However, regarding the microphone that can be used during screen recording, as of the moment, this function is on the developing schedule. Will be added in a later version of the firmware. Hope that this would satisfy your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-1 10:10
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Smart controller has a built-in speaker and microphone. However, regarding the microphone that can be used during screen recording, as of the moment, this function is on the developing schedule. Will be added in a later version of the firmware. Hope that this would satisfy your query. Thank you for your support.

Also, make it where the signal strength power is at least higher than the Standard controller otherwise it wouldn't make sense for people to upgrade to it.
2019-8-1
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

And make it transform into a telephone...
2019-8-1
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-1 10:25
Also, make it where the signal strength power is at least higher than the Standard controller otherwise it wouldn't make sense for people to upgrade to it.

Except for you?
2019-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Most post software comes with special FX that can give you great background sounds.
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 8-1 10:25

Thanks for sharing this suggestion with us. You may refer to the details below for the transmission when using the Smart controller. This would be forwarded to our designated department for attention.

OcuSync 2.0

Operation Frequency Range
2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz[1]
Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)
2.400-2.4835 GHz:
8 km (FCC), 4 km (CE), 4 km (SRRC), 4 km (MIC)
5.725-5.850 GHz:
8 km (FCC), 2 km (CE), 5 km (SRRC)
2019-8-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-1 15:46
Thanks for sharing this suggestion with us. You may refer to the details below for the transmission when using the Smart controller. This would be forwarded to our designated department for attention.

OcuSync 2.0

Yeah, I had a gaming router that allowed you to change the TX watts so I know it could probably be done but of course you increase the thermal load and decrease battery life.  In some cases, it would mean the difference between signal and no signal.
2019-8-1
Use props
XFwT6kEgjZHi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4645085 ft
  • >>>
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 8-1 18:11
Yeah, I had a gaming router that allowed you to change the TX watts so I know it could probably be done but of course you increase the thermal load and decrease battery life.  In some cases, it would mean the difference between signal and no signal.

need to increase the watts smart signal comparison to normal radio too low both CE and FCC need to understand how it can be done.
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 8-1 18:11

This has already been forwarded to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-4 13:01
This has already been forwarded to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.

Need to change the way the automatic Pano mode works so it's a smooth left to right or right to left transition.  Not middle  > left > all the way right as it makes the drone drop or increase altitude or gimbal roll abruptly breaking the pictures in the merge.

Also, we need to make it do it in a slower fashion, not ultra-fast otherwise it breaks the pictures too if not the photos should be tighter and instead of 9 shot it's more like 15 shot so this way we get a perfect pano in post.

There isn't enough field of view to take great wide-shots and Pano is always better as it's like focus stacking the sides.  Elitecaptures7.com for those who want to see my Panos.

In this photo, I cannot get these breaks to go.  I've done the Pano twice and the right side was nearly identical in the break.  At the fence, the other Pano broke it worse but that big angle exists.  In the single-shot, it does not look like that.

Break

Break

Original

Original

Original

Original
2019-8-4
Use props
fans7330f475
New
Flight distance : 5673 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-8-1 10:10
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Smart controller has a built-in speaker and microphone. However, regarding the microphone that can be used during screen recording, as of the moment, this function is on the developing schedule. Will be added in a later version of the firmware. Hope that this would satisfy your query. Thank you for your support.

hi tony,

im trying to switch the microphone off on the smart controller can advise please
2020-9-29
Use props
SmokeEaterAU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 437953 ft
Australia

fans7330f475 Posted at 9-29 11:15
hi tony,

im trying to switch the microphone off on the smart controller can advise please

I'm in the same boat as you.  I am trying to turn off audio recording when live streaming.  
2020-11-17
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2019-8-1 12:26
And make it transform into a telephone...

I meen, yeah, why not take calls on it to !
2020-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules