5538 12 2019-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

Hey guys, noobie question again.

I've been looking at the data on airdata.com for my spark and its showing my battery is getting up to 126.1F.  Is this normal, the temp outside today was 79F when I flew my drone with a lite breeze.  I kept getting some kind of error message on my screen about the motors but when I look over the data it don't show anything.

Thanks in advance.
2019-8-1
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

I flew at at 30°C(86°F) ambient the other day. The battery temperature at the time of landing was 55.5°C (131.9°F). I think it's normal but one should let the AC to cool down before starting the next flight.
2019-8-1
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

140°F or 60°C is the critical limit for li-po's..
Do not put a warm battery on charge, wait some minutes
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The battery should be used in temperatures from 0°C to 40°C. use of the battery in environments above 50° is not recommended and it can lead to a fire or explosion. Use of battery below 0°C can lead to permanent damaged. Also, can you please provide us a screenshot of the exact error message you receive in the app for us to help you further. Should you have any inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your support!
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Up to 40c but monitor the battery if flying in that heat.
2019-8-2
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-2 09:37
Hi, thank you for reaching out. The battery should be used in temperatures from 0°C to 40°C. use of the battery in environments above 50° is not recommended and it can lead to a fire or explosion. Use of battery below 0°C can lead to permanent damaged. Also, can you please provide us a screenshot of the exact error message you receive in the app for us to help you further. Should you have any inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your support!

The error message was only on the screen for a split second and was gone by the time I saw it.
2019-8-2
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-2 09:37

Hello DJI Gamora, 0°C to 40°C is the ambient operating temperature. The battery temperature goes up much higher than that. I have had mine getting heated to ~30°C even when flying at <10°C ambient. The OP is concerned because he saw the temperature go up to 126.1°F (52.3°C). So could you please give us some info on what is the safe upper limit for the battery temperature? It is summer in most parts of the world and I am sure many users would want to know at what battery temperature it is safe to fly their drone.
2019-8-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

nilanjan118 Posted at 8-2 17:12
Hello DJI Gamora, 0°C to 40°C is the ambient operating temperature. The battery temperature goes up much higher than that. I have had mine getting heated to ~30°C even when flying at

Hi, Nilanjan. Thank you for your response. Yes, the recommended ambient operating temperature would be 0°C to 40°C. Therefore, we highly recommend the customer to fly on this ambient operating temperature not more not less to avoid any issues with regards to the battery. Also, we don't have the exact calculation on how the exact battery temperature works by the recommended ambient operating temperature. However, we will forward this concern to our designated department for further clarification. In addition, we highly recommended flying your drone inside the 0°C to 40°C ambient operating temperature to avoid any error.  Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-8-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

NickEST1987 Posted at 8-2 14:13
The error message was only on the screen for a split second and was gone by the time I saw it.

Thank you for the additional information. We will forward this concern to our designated department for further clarification. Thank you for your patience.
2019-8-3
Use props
easta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 375823 ft
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-8-2 09:37

Thks, but, one information is the environment temperature and the other information is the battery temperature. They are both different inputs.

If I fly under 40C environmental temperature and DJI app says my battery is getting 44C or 50C, should I land?

Can you understand me?
2022-5-12
Use props
easta
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-8-3 13:26
Hi, Nilanjan. Thank you for your response. Yes, the recommended ambient operating temperature would be 0°C to 40°C. Therefore, we highly recommend the customer to fly on this ambient operating temperature not more not less to avoid any issues with regards to the battery. Also, we don't have the exact calculation on how the exact battery temperature works by the recommended ambient operating temperature. However, we will forward this concern to our designated department for further clarification. In addition, we highly recommended flying your drone inside the 0°C to 40°C ambient operating temperature to avoid any error.  Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Thks, but, one information is the environment temperature and the other information is the battery temperature. They are both different inputs.

If I fly under 40C environmental temperature and DJI app says my battery is getting 44C or 50C, should I land?

Can you understand me?
2022-5-12
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

easta Posted at 5-12 05:28
Thks, but, one information is the environment temperature and the other information is the battery temperature. They are both different inputs.

You should land if the battery temperature comes near 60°C
The hotter you allow the battery to get, the shorter they live, in terms of charge cycles.

HTH,
Wolferl
2022-5-13
Use props
easta
lvl.1
Brazil

Wolferl Posted at 5-13 04:48
You should land if the battery temperature comes near 60°C
The hotter you allow the battery to get, the shorter they live, in terms of charge cycles.

Thks Wolferl
2022-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules