New rule of Drone flying in Turkey July 2019
8072 11 2019-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans23c78793
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

There is a new rule of having / flying drones in Turkey where everyone have to register their drone (even if it is under 500 gram) ..

Any one tried their drone recently in turkey?

The fine is around 6,000 TL up to 13,000 TL
2019-8-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members that already brought their drone in turkey. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2019-8-10
Use props
ddhruv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 538005 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Yes you do need to register and fill out forms, I tried and also got in touch with the authorities but did not get fat - however I did take my drone along with me as we were travelling to various other destinations other then Turkey. While in Turkey especially in Cappadocia I requested the guide as well as the local elderman if I could fly my drone and they allowed me - lucky I guess
2019-8-10
Use props
Aydin Tamturk
lvl.2

Turkey

Hello , According to the Turkish Civil Aviation Law No. 2920; Aerial photography and video recording cannot be performed without a permission, regardless of weight.          Therefore, if you are going to take a photo or shoot a video with an aerial drone, you will need to get a flight permission from the SHGM.          As Dronehizmetleri.com, we have business partnerships with universities and legal suppliers in the unmanned aircraft industry. We work together with universities in certification and undergraduate education processes.We carry out Drone purchasing processes together with legal suppliers.  At this point, to answer your question;  We can prepare the documentation that the DCGA needs for you to do your transactions legally in Turkey with the Turkish customs .  However in Turkey, for you to preform an commercial or retail operation on a foreign unmanned aerial vehicle you are required to be accompanied by a  IHA2(UAV2) pilot.As dronehizmetleri.com in  Turkey we could provide you with a Pilot ! Help this helped you ! Aydin Kemal Tamturk
2019-8-30
Use props
fans23c78793
lvl.1
Turkey

So far, it is not clear the whole drone issue .. let us wait and Am trying to figure out hoe to reach the authorities ..
2019-8-31
Use props
Vision One
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295230 ft
  • >>>

Aydin Tamturk Posted at 8-30 19:05
Hello , According to the Turkish Civil Aviation Law No. 2920; Aerial photography and video recording cannot be performed without a permission, regardless of weight.          Therefore, if you are going to take a photo or shoot a video with an aerial drone, you will need to get a flight permission from the SHGM.          As Dronehizmetleri.com, we have business partnerships with universities and legal suppliers in the unmanned aircraft industry. We work together with universities in certification and undergraduate education processes.We carry out Drone purchasing processes together with legal suppliers.  At this point, to answer your question;  We can prepare the documentation that the DCGA needs for you to do your transactions legally in Turkey with the Turkish customs .  However in Turkey, for you to preform an commercial or retail operation on a foreign unmanned aerial vehicle you are required to be accompanied by a  IHA2(UAV2) pilot.As dronehizmetleri.com in  Turkey we could provide you with a Pilot ! Help this helped you ! Aydin Kemal Tamturk

Hello, it's very good to see a certified Turkish IHA2 pilot!

Can you point me to the exact location of the statement that "Aerial photography and video recording cannot be performed"????

First of all, it's an old law, as of 1983.
Second, it's English translation (official - http://web.shgm.gov.tr/doc2/law2920.pdf) has only Article 93 d)

ARTICLE 93 - The following is prohibited during flight
d) To shoot photographs of locations where picture taking is prohibited

In the latest IHA legislation there's nothing about photo/video:
http://web.shgm.gov.tr/documents ... imati_revizyon3.pdf
2019-9-8
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45459 ft

I know there are lots of new rules and legislation regarding flying in greece especially on the islands.

i looked into registering a few weeks ago and to say it is a nightmare to navigate the website is an understement.

the new rules are even stricter than here in the uk.
2019-9-8
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

If you give this kind of statements refer your fonts and where you got this informations. If you don't do so you are just spreading rumors or fake information.
2020-1-10
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Aydin Tamturk Posted at 2019-8-30 19:05
Hello , According to the Turkish Civil Aviation Law No. 2920; Aerial photography and video recording cannot be performed without a permission, regardless of weight.          Therefore, if you are going to take a photo or shoot a video with an aerial drone, you will need to get a flight permission from the SHGM.          As Dronehizmetleri.com, we have business partnerships with universities and legal suppliers in the unmanned aircraft industry. We work together with universities in certification and undergraduate education processes.We carry out Drone purchasing processes together with legal suppliers.  At this point, to answer your question;  We can prepare the documentation that the DCGA needs for you to do your transactions legally in Turkey with the Turkish customs .  However in Turkey, for you to preform an commercial or retail operation on a foreign unmanned aerial vehicle you are required to be accompanied by a  IHA2(UAV2) pilot.As dronehizmetleri.com in  Turkey we could provide you with a Pilot ! Help this helped you ! Aydin Kemal Tamturk

Don't spread wrong information and do free advertisement of your business. This is not the place. Thank you.
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_iiAuWAa8S4fG
lvl.1

Turkey

Hello friends,

No, aerial photography and video recording is not banned in Turkey. Only you can't do this over some places such as military places, government buildings, etc.

You do not have to register your drone if it weights under 500 gr.

And you do not need any permission to fly your drone in the free zone. For the places outer the free zone, you have to register your drone and get permission.

DGCA site has English support. You need nobody(!) to register your drone.

Good luck,

Bora Yuret
Ankara, Turkey
2020-1-11
Use props
Aydin Tamturk
lvl.2

Turkey

Hello , Sorry for my late respond ! I have just arrived from the Turkish DCGA with your answers ,

I will be answering all of the questions and statements that you have given ( Bora Yuret {djiuser_iiAuWAa8S4fG} , Mastix & Vision One )

Mr.or Ms.  Vision One

The statement given above stating in ARTICLE 93 - The following is prohibited during flight
d) To shoot photographs of locations where picture taking is prohibited

is still a law nothing has changed , for it not being checked or written in the legislation doesn't mean it is allowed .

Mr. or Ms.  Mastix

Hello , Please read and try to understand the legislation and procedure of the Turkish DCGA ! We are not doing free advertisement as well we work very hard for big Turkish and worldwide companies ,

Mr. or Ms. Bora Yuret {djiuser_iiAuWAa8S4fG}

The information you gave is true but some of them are false according to the rule ARTICLE 93 - The following is prohibited during flight
d) To shoot photographs of locations where picture taking is prohibited for your information prohibited means " yasak " in Turkish

Yes ! you don't need to register your drone if it is 500 grams .

But if you are going to use a camera or fpv on your drone and log videography or photography even if it is a green zone it is prohibited according to Turkish Law !

Thanks , If you do not believe these statements fly at your own risk ! If you get caught the law says that you can get a penalty of 13.000 liras or above or a 5 year prison punishment !

Aydin Tamturk ,
2020-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules