LAANC Abuse
912 4 2019-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rogue Medic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205262 ft
United States

I doubt that this will be the first or last rant on this note. I recently had a SPARK replaceddue to a hardware issue and I am ata loss that after being returned the device is restricted from flying in Class G Airspace. Due to the update of the LAANC requirements, which is understandable, I have notified DJI multiple times and have been ignored that I am in Class G Airspace. However I am informed 1 time that I need toapply for a LAANC. This is ridiculas to me as I am 20 miles from the airport or any form of controlled airspace. Yet the irony is driving to a nearby town where I am closer to the airport the device works just fine. I have provided DJI screenshots of my location and the distance from the airport. I have never seen such abise from a company violating the law. 14 CFR Part 107 indicates the need for a LAANC when operating in or near controlled airspace. Is itme or is 20 miles away excessive even when the FAA says I am clear to go. I love how this has been ignored by the represenatives of DJI. Short of returning the device and finding a different company to go with appears to be the only option that has built out of this frustration.

I am open to any suggewstion from others. Unless your suggestion is to notify ATC at 20 miles away where there is not controlled airspace. They will not give an approval for that because there is no controll there on their end. Obviously with DJI represenatives ignoring the problem through Support I am posting here for other options and maybe a resolution from a moderator.

Aslo I am a 14 CFR Part 107 Licensed Commercial Pilot so I am very aware of the requirements of operating a drone in any class of space.
2019-8-2
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Purchase nolimitdronez.
2019-8-3
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

hehe

I just asked for authorization to fly 75ft high at my new habitat. LAANC said, "You're out of your mind!" in big white letters on red background.

I already knew that, but I wasn't going to go higher than the trees.

I took that to mean, "No."
2019-8-3
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI needs to pay attention to LAANC and provide a solution for 14 CFR Pt. 107 pilots.
2020-6-10
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7848 ft

United States

sky_makai Posted at 6-10 12:24
DJI needs to pay attention to LAANC and provide a solution for 14 CFR Pt. 107 pilots.

I agreed with you
2020-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules