DID YOU KNOW ??? IF YOU SEND YOUR DRONE FOR REPAIR ???
5561 6 2019-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pepe82
lvl.1
United States

DID YOU KNOW ??? IF YOU SEND YOUR DRONE FOR REPAIR ???, IT IS SWITCH FOR A REFURBISH ONE ???

I SEND MY DRONE TO REPAIR THE CAMERA, MY DRONE FALL FROM MY BED AND I CRAB IT BEFORE HITS THE FLOOR BUT I BROKE THE CABLE IN THE GIMBAL, I SEND IT FOR REPAIR AND A WEEK LATTER I RECEIVE THE DRONE BACK, I WAS AMAZE FOR THE SERRVICE UNTIL LIKE A MONTH LATTER I DECICE TO FLY IT.
I HAVE TO RE-CONNECT THE REMOTE ??? THAT WAS EXTRANGE?, BUT I DID IT ANYWAYS THINKIN IT WAS A FACTORY RE-SET ON THE DRONE.
BUT MY SURPRISE WAS WENT I START FLYING !!! WAS REALLY SLOW AND GOING FOWARD STAR GOING SIDE WAY !!!, TRY DIFFERENT FLYING DIRECTIONS AND MY DRONE WAS FELLING DIFFERENT.
I DECICE TO HAVE A SECOND LOOK AND MY SURPRICE WAS THE SERIAL NUMBER IT IS NOT THE SAME !!! THEY CHANGE THE DRONE !!! MY HAVE LOW FLY TIME AND LOOKS LIKE THIS ONE WAS OVER USED AND ABUSED !!!

I SEND A EMAIL TO CUSTOEMR SERVICE AND THE ASNWER WAS:

I completely understand if you want your old unit back since you mentioned that it was barely used. Let me provide you the information you need.
Regarding this request, as per checking on the case, it appears that due to the impact, your old unit is already beyond repair which is why a replacement unit had been sent to you. In addition to this, by completing the payment for the quotation, you have also agreed to the terms below which is clearly indicated on the quotation as well.

At this point, I regret to inform you that sending you your old unit back is no longer possible.
I hope we could do more. If you have other questions or concerns, just let us know.
Thank you for choosing DJI and have a nice day ahead!Best Regards,

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW A GIMBAL REPLACEMENT CAN BE BEYOND REPAIR, JUST REPLACE THE SCREWS AND CONNECT A NEW CABLE, THE DRONE WAS PERFECT.
I GUESS IS EASY TO FIX A REALLY OLD DRONE AND REPLACE WITH A NEW ONE IN ORDER TO SEND IT BACK AS SOON IS POSSIBLE TO CREATE A HAPPY CUSTOMER FOR THE LOW REPAIR TIME.
I PREPER TO WAIT FOR MY ORIGINAL DRONE FIX, THEM ONE ABUSED.
BUT IS JUST MY OPINION.

ANY SUGESTIONS TO GET MY OLD DRONE BACK, DJI SUPPORT HAVE NO ANSWERS, IT IS USELESS, WHAT WILL HAPPENS IF YOU BUY FROM BEST BUY OR APPLE?
WILL BE THE SAME ???
2019-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi pepe82, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. I managed to get your case number via the forum information. According to the aftersales policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers. We sincerely apologize if this bothers you.
As for the flying issue (slow and going side way), may we know how many GPS satellites at that time? Does the issue appear in every place? It will be better to upload a short video of the issues you referred to, we'll try our best to help.  

policy.png
2019-8-3
Use props
terrence9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156293 ft
United States

This has actually been going on. You can see videos on YouTube from way back with people talking about this. Which actually bought up another good point to determine if you were to buy a drone from someone, you would be able to see if it was a new drone or refurbished one by the first letter of the serial number. Lots of people were buying refurbished drones sold as new ones.
2019-8-4
Use props
fans1a6617ba
New

United States

I have an inspire 2 drone from 2017 that needs a repair. Is it worth sending it in for a repair/refurb or is there new technology and hardware in the 2019 inspire 2 drones? If the repair cost is even close to the cost of a new one it might make more sense to go brand new. Just not sure if any hardware changes have been made since 2017 to 2019.

2019-8-13
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it would be nice if you let the customers decide if they want their own drone back or a refurbished one.
2019-8-13
Use props
djiuser_Phar3uPblEBb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4287060 ft
United States

fans1a6617ba Posted at 2019-8-13 06:34
I have an inspire 2 drone from 2017 that needs a repair. Is it worth sending it in for a repair/refurb or is there new technology and hardware in the 2019 inspire 2 drones? If the repair cost is even close to the cost of a new one it might make more sense to go brand new. Just not sure if any hardware changes have been made since 2017 to 2019.

Way cheaper to send it in most repais are about 200 i had a gimbal issue with my inspire 1 and the total was 216 usd for repair it did lltake 11 days tho
2023-3-1
Use props
Jake Andrew
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

That's not too great....
2023-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules