Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem shooting spherical panos on Mavic Pro
2427 2 2019-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_tzQTmIDyLZUj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6808 ft
Czechia

Hello everyone,

recently I have been experiencing a problem with my Mavic Pro when trying to shoot spherical panoramas.
Shooting single photos or video works without problems but when attempting to shoot a spherical panorama, the process starts and, after taking several pictures, fails to complete with DJI GO 4 app displaying an error "Shooting failed." without further clarification (see screenshot at the bottom). Standard spherical pano consists of 34 photos and in my case the shooting process rarely goes beyond photo #15. I have also noticed that the intervals between the individual  pano-bits seem to grow longer the farther into the sequence the drone gets.

My setup is standard Mavic Pro drone with remote connected via Lightning cable to my iPad mini. Everything on latest DJI firmware, iOS version and DJI GO 4 app version.
I have tried resetting the DJI GO 4 app settings to defaults, tried using my iPhone 7 instead of the tablet but it has failed with the exact same behaviour.
As far as I am aware, my drone has never experienced any crash landing or notable shocks.

Has somebody experienced and hopefully solved the same thing?

All constructive advice appreciated.
Thanks,
Jan

DJI GO 4 Error screenshot

DJI GO 4 Error screenshot
2019-8-3
Use props
djiuser_tzQTmIDyLZUj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6808 ft
Czechia

UPDATE:
The growing intervals between photos got me thinking about what the drone had been trying to do and I've come up with with a theory. I suspect it might be related to the drone trying to auto focus between shots. Yesterday did another test - pre-focusing before the shoot, then switching to manual focus and then shooting the panorama. And it worked flawlessly. All my previous shoots were done with AF on.
Thinking a bit further I had realized that I might have been using ND filters during pano shooting. Long story short - I think the added filter hindered the drone's AF ability and result in the problems described above.
I'm a bit more optimistic now and will update this post as I go through more testing.
2019-8-5
Use props
flying-camera
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_tzQTmIDyLZUj Posted at 2019-8-5 00:29
UPDATE:
The growing intervals between photos got me thinking about what the drone had been trying to do and I've come up with with a theory. I suspect it might be related to the drone trying to auto focus between shots. Yesterday did another test - pre-focusing before the shoot, then switching to manual focus and then shooting the panorama. And it worked flawlessly. All my previous shoots were done with AF on.
Thinking a bit further I had realized that I might have been using ND filters during pano shooting. Long story short - I think the added filter hindered the drone's AF ability and result in the problems described above.

Did you manage to get this to work?  I have the exact same issue on a Mavic Pro.  It says "shooting failed" when I try to take a panorama, it won't even take the 1st photo.  Thanks
2020-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules