Loss of HD Signal
1716 7 2019-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
terrence9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156293 ft
United States

I’ve noticed lately when I fly and get about 1,600 feet away I start to lose HD signal and the drone doesn’t want to go any farther. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you fix it?
2019-8-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure your antenna are point towards the drone. Also height is your best friend.

Be sure that your not flying inn area that has a lot of interference.
2019-8-3
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft
Philippines

Do you get a weak signal warning? Make sure your controller antenna are pointed in the vicinity of the Drone. How high are you flying? If you are flying low, try increasing altitude. The further away you get, the closer to the horizon the Drone gets, so if you are not increasing your altitude you may need to point your controller lower. These are the only reasons I have ever gotten a weak signal warning.
   This would not cause your lost signal, but what is your Max Distance set at?

2019-8-3
Use props
terrence9
lvl.1
United States

Woe Posted at 8-3 21:38
Make sure your antenna are point towards the drone. Also height is your best friend.

Be sure that your not flying inn area that has a lot of interference.

No interference and antennas are in the correct position.
2019-8-4
Use props
terrence9
lvl.1
United States

rbtmckny Posted at 8-3 21:48
Do you get a weak signal warning? Make sure your controller antenna are pointed in the vicinity of the Drone. How high are you flying? If you are flying low, try increasing altitude. The further away you get, the closer to the horizon the Drone gets, so if you are not increasing your altitude you may need to point your controller lower. These are the only reasons I have ever gotten a weak signal warning.
   This would not cause your lost signal, but what is your Max Distance set at?

Yes I do get a weak signal warning and sometimes my Mavic will just stop. I’m usually flying about 250 feet up and no interference where I’m at. I’ve had my drone since November of last year and this has just started happening. All firmware updated, so that’s not the issue. My distance is set to further than I will actually fly just in case I want to fly out further. Where I live I have no mountains, buildings, or any other obstacles that would interfere with my signal and this has happened in two different locations.
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day terrence9. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Have you tried to fly your drone to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? Have you tried adjusting the antennas when the warning appears? Make sure your antenna should be on the correct position. And make sure you are away to any possible interference. I will also post an official DJI tutorial video on Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-8-4
Use props
terrence9
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-4 08:35
Hello and good day terrence9. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Have you tried to fly your drone to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? Have you tried adjusting the antennas when the warning appears? Make sure your antenna should be on the correct position. And make sure you are away to any possible interference. I will also post an official DJI tutorial video on Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Yes, I’ve done all of this!!!
2019-8-4
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

terrence9 Posted at 8-4 06:19
Yes I do get a weak signal warning and sometimes my Mavic will just stop. I’m usually flying about 250 feet up and no interference where I’m at. I’ve had my drone since November of last year and this has just started happening. All firmware updated, so that’s not the issue. My distance is set to further than I will actually fly just in case I want to fly out further. Where I live I have no mountains, buildings, or any other obstacles that would interfere with my signal and this has happened in two different locations.

Did this issue just appear after the update?
All other variables are the same?
Location change?
2019-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules