26762 39 2019-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2858e4ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34695 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been trying to get the Robin-SC to work with the Canon M50 to use for time lapses, but even with the USB-C cable connected to the micro USB port on the camera the ronin doesn’t recognize it. I have updated both the Canon and Ronin to the latest firmware, but still no luck. Any ideas what to try next?
2019-8-4
Use props
Rubén Díaz Fernández
New

Spain

Yo tengo el mismo problema, consiguió encontrar solución?. ¿Alguien ha logrado hacerlo?
2019-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, to connect the camera to the gimbal, the straight side of Type C cable plugs into the camera and the “L shaped connector” goes into the port next to the camera plate on the gimbal arm. Did you plug it properly?
2019-8-6
Use props
Videosbydrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34695 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I’m replying from my other account. I did figure out that the cable had to be plugged in the way you instructed. Do you know if a double L shaped connector is available? With the the straight end of the cable plugged in to the camera with the USB adapter attached it leaves no room to the side of the gimble causing stress on the camera port because the cable is at an angle. A double sided L cable would Make it much easier.
2019-8-6
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now, you have me wanting to try this feature.
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Videosbydrones Posted at 8-6 21:08
Hello,

I’m replying from my other account. I did figure out that the cable had to be plugged in the way you instructed. Do you know if a double L shaped connector is available? With the the straight end of the cable plugged in to the camera with the USB adapter attached it leaves no room to the side of the gimble causing stress on the camera port because the cable is at an angle. A double sided L cable would Make it much easier.

The cable is included and there is no official type-C cable with two L shaped ends, I don't think third-party Type-C cable could be used. But your suggestion will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration.
2019-8-10
Use props
fansb1601411
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-10 02:05
The cable is included and there is no official type-C cable with two L shaped ends, I don't think third-party Type-C cable could be used. But your suggestion will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration.

Did something come from this? The stress is not something to be overlooked as the cable interferes with the motor performance.
2019-8-13
Use props
tdominey
lvl.2
United States

I'm here for the same reason. In order to connect the Canon M50 to the arm of the Ronin SC, you have to use the Type-C cable with the (provided) Type-C to Micro-USB adapter. Unfortunately, this adapter is rather long, and it causes the cable to rub up against the Ronin's arm. It also causes a lot of stress on the M50's USB port.

Has anyone figured out a solution for this? I'm tempted to purchase an L-adapter (Type-C to Micro-USB) and use it instead of DJI's, but I'm not sure if it will work.
2019-8-21
Use props
djiuser_EShzkaNrCvf7
New

United Kingdom

tdominey Posted at 8-21 12:08
I'm here for the same reason. In order to connect the Canon M50 to the arm of the Ronin SC, you have to use the Type-C cable with the (provided) Type-C to Micro-USB adapter. Unfortunately, this adapter is rather long, and it causes the cable to rub up against the Ronin's arm. It also causes a lot of stress on the M50's USB port.

Has anyone figured out a solution for this? I'm tempted to purchase an L-adapter (Type-C to Micro-USB) and use it instead of DJI's, but I'm not sure if it will work.

I have also found the same issue using the SC and canon m50.
Taking me ages to set up so the lead with adaptor fits (just sueezed tightly against arm).

I now using counter balance weights so i can shift the canera as far as possible all because of the lead needs changing.

Surely this is border line not conpatible really
2019-8-21
Use props
tdominey
lvl.2
United States

Follow-up to this thread. I picked up a generic L-shaped Micro-USB <-> USB-C cable and tried to use it with the Canon M50. The shutter release / record button doesn't work. If I then plug-in the provided cable and adapter from DJI it works...sorta. Sometimes I have to press record 3 times in order for the camera to respond and turn recording on/off. Would love to find a solution to this because the provided adapter is too long and blocks the arm from functioning properly.
2019-8-24
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tdominey Posted at 8-24 05:40
Follow-up to this thread. I picked up a generic L-shaped Micro-USB  USB-C cable and tried to use it with the Canon M50. The shutter release / record button doesn't work. If I then plug-in the provided cable and adapter from DJI it works...sorta. Sometimes I have to press record 3 times in order for the camera to respond and turn recording on/off. Would love to find a solution to this because the provided adapter is too long and blocks the arm from functioning properly.

2019-8-24
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tdominey Posted at 8-24 05:40
Follow-up to this thread. I picked up a generic L-shaped Micro-USB  USB-C cable and tried to use it with the Canon M50. The shutter release / record button doesn't work. If I then plug-in the provided cable and adapter from DJI it works...sorta. Sometimes I have to press record 3 times in order for the camera to respond and turn recording on/off. Would love to find a solution to this because the provided adapter is too long and blocks the arm from functioning properly.

You can also try adding counter-weight to the right end of the gimbal arm to allow you to move the camera more to the left.
2019-8-24
Use props
tdominey
lvl.2
United States

Yes! Thanks Moni. I hadn't considered that type of adapter. Shame we have to use TWO adapters to get the cable connected to the M50, but I'll take it. Just bought a pair on Amazon.
2019-8-25
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tdominey Posted at 8-25 05:34
Yes! Thanks Moni. I hadn't considered that type of adapter. Shame we have to use TWO adapters to get the cable connected to the M50, but I'll take it. Just bought a pair on Amazon.

Not a problem. Glad I could help.
2019-8-25
Use props
Michael Blevins (Michael R. Blevins)
New
United States

Do you know if you can get the focus motor to work with the L adapter you used?  I previously purchased this L adapter Right Angle Type C OTG Adapter, USB C Female to Micro USB Male OTG (On the Go) Adapter , which works when from camera to gimbal.  However when adding in the focus motor, it doesn't work.
2019-8-26
Use props
Michael Blevins (Michael R. Blevins)
New
United States

Michael Blevins (Michael R. Blevins) Posted at 8-26 11:16
Do you know if you can get the focus motor to work with the L adapter you used?  I previously purchased this L adapter Right Angle Type C OTG Adapter, USB C Female to Micro USB Male OTG (On the Go) Adapter , which works when from camera to gimbal.  However when adding in the focus motor, it doesn't work.

I was able to get it working with the L adapter after taking it all apart and reconnecting again.
2019-8-26
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Michael Blevins (Michael R. Blevins) Posted at 8-26 11:16

Unfortunately, I got the SC version without the focus motor. I'm debating on ordering the motor now though, as all I have mounted on one side of my gimbal is a phone mount.
2019-8-26
Use props
Clirola
New

Spain

Hola a todos, espero que os sirva mi comentario, que está basado unicamente en mi experiencia, Con la cámara canon m50 que tiene entrada micro usb.

SOLO funciona con el cable usbc 2 usbc, no con los demás cables, incluso compré alguno extra y nada. Si tu cámara tiene otra entrada hay que colocar un adaptador pero siempre desde el usb c 2 usbc

En la web pone que es compatible el cable usbc 2 micro usb y la verdad es que este cable no funciona,el que trae el gimball, a mi solo me funciona exclusivamente con el cable que os he comentado.

Para que no choque con el motor yo lo que he  modificado es el punto de anclaje inferior para que eso no pase con una placa de múltiples anclajes que usaba para que no chocara el visor con el motor que queda detrás de la cámara.

espero os pueda servir de algo
Un saludo
2019-10-23
Use props
fansd23c7a50
New

United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 8-24 17:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf6ttDyjrUI

Thank you for this video.  I am really frustrated with this M50 - Ronin SC cable connection issue!  I see where to order the Pair 90 Degree Right Left Angle Micro USB Male to Micro Female Plug Adapters (thanks for the link).  Where can I get the DJI adapter that provides the connection between the 90 degree micro USB and the Ronin SC cable that ships with the gimbal and connects to the Ronin SC?  Thanks in advance for the response and thanks again for your video!
2019-11-30
Use props
JeanPaul010
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hello.

I got the same problems with my Canon EOS M50. I already ordered the 90 Degrees adapter and right now i'm waiting for that.
The problem is that i can't record anything. The knob is not working and also when i'm in Manual i can't change the settings.
So for instance when i want to change they ISO. Then it says : AUTO - 100 - 200 - 400 etc.. and then immediately it disappaers.

Have somebody of you guys the same problem ?
When the 90 degrees adapter is delivered at my home. I will share mine experiences.

Jean-Paul
2019-12-2
Use props
fans4d33aa06
New
Australia

I found this tidy little cable from Amazon basics that fits perfectly, but unfortunately no connection still. Could it be a setting or firmware issue with the m50 or SC? Or is it back to the drawing board?

DJI, any updates for the M50 yet?
2019-12-30
Use props
Canaussie
lvl.1
Canada

Has there been any updates or does anyone know a fix to this issue. I have tried multiple adapter cables with no luck. Have ordered the 90 degree M-F adapters but still waiting. Really don’t like having a Christmas tree hanging off my M50 but will do what I have to until we can get a fix
2020-1-7
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Repost from another thread:

Sorry for the late reply. Get the small bracket that fits on the right arm and a counter-weight. Then, you can move the M50 further to the left. Look for the bracket I am referring to on eBay, Amazon, from SmallRig and possibly on the DJI store. I know it comes with the whole L-bracket kit but you don't need the whole kit. The bracket and counterweights look like the attached photo.

s-l1600.jpg
2020-1-24
Use props
Limbster
New

Sweden

So disappointed!!! Bought the ronin sc to use on my canon m50. The Camera is include in the list. But it does not work and when I see this thread I understand. So DJI has known for more than 6 months that the Ronin SC is not working with Canon M50, but still DJI has the Camera on the list as working. This lie from DJI has cost me many hour, who will pay for them??? Big shame on DJI.
2020-2-19
Use props
project-mdp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33671 ft
Germany

90 degree Adapter, M50 in "M" Modus = no problem with time lapse. For me everything works!
2020-2-19
Use props
DaViCToRR
lvl.2
United States

so I was kinda duped by the official dji camera compatability list...it list the canon m50 as working with the ronin sc...but if u look at the second page that actually list if it works with the phone and gimble together youll see it says no in all 3 categories. so basically the camera should work not IN THE APP..but with the sc itself while being able to control recording and photo snapping. BUT I plugged mine in with the supplied dji adapter and l shaped cable and the record button does not work. is there some sortve special process I need to go through in order to get it to work??
2020-3-15
Use props
djiuser_eJ3Zh6340RPv
New
New Zealand

I finally found a combo that works pretty well. Micro USB extension => DJI USBC Adapter => DJI USBC Cable

There are 2 reasons I went with a Micro USB extension:

* I don't want to put too much stress on to the USB port on the camera
* I don't know what kind of proprietary magic DJI puts into their USB cable & adapter so I just want to use a straight extension without any conversion

In this setup I use a Canon 17-40 + a Viltrox Speedbooster so there is a small space underneath the speed booster that I can tuck everything under.

Hope this helps

2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_a6i5MF26gjTf
New

Qatar

tdominey Posted at 2019-8-21 12:08

Hi there!
Facing the same issue here. Let me know if there’s any solution to this problem. It would have been best if we could just connect the Gimble via Bluetooth with camera rather than using the cable and making a mess.
2020-8-17
Use props
djiuser_8LoBCl3MEFiu
lvl.1

France

djiuser_eJ3Zh6340RPv Posted at 7-10 16:08
I finally found a combo that works pretty well. Micro USB extension => DJI USBC Adapter => DJI USBC Cable

There are 2 reasons I went with a Micro USB extension:

Hi, Great new, do you have the reference or a link in order to buy this cable please. Do you now if we can use the canon L 24-105 I f4 with the M50 and ths Ronin SC?
Also, do you have already use a phone above the M50 with the adaptator?
Thx a lot.
2020-8-22
Use props
djiuser_8LoBCl3MEFiu
lvl.1

France

djiuser_8LoBCl3MEFiu Posted at 8-22 08:36
Hi, Great new, do you have the reference or a link in order to buy this cable please. Do you now if we can use the canon L 24-105 I f4 with the M50 and ths Ronin SC?
Also, do you have already use a phone above the M50 with the adaptator?
Thx a lot.

To answering at my question I found this cable in order to be correctly adapted at my conf with the cage of my M50.
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07GNJZZJ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2020-8-29
Use props
djiuser_wAjM5lMtsX1I
New

Ecuador

Al conectar mi dji ronin a mi caon m50, me sale que el cable obturación está desconectado, y se conecta y desconecta constantemente, que desepción con esta marca"DJI", no se lo recomendaría a nadie, mas aún cuando en su pagina tiene que el dji ronin sc si es compatible con la camara.

Alguein que por favor me ayude con alguna solución?

2020-9-21
Use props
Assedrani Vlog
New

France

Hi Everyone Merry Christmas I do have question wish adapter or cable will be need to connect dji ronin sc pro combo avec canon 750d ? Thanks
2020-12-24
Use props
Assedrani Vlog
New

France

Hi Everyone Merry Christmas
2020-12-24
Use props
djiuser_QEwsh0ffq0ww
New
France

Hi everyone. Same problem with the initial cables. I bought a perfect one, a double angle cable usb-c to micro usb...
But I still have a shuttle control issue.
Does anyone have a real solution ?! Please ?
Thanks
2021-1-6
Use props
TKO883
New

United States

As I called DJI Technical support, they informed me that my M50 firmware is not compatible. The SC only works with firmware 1.0.2 per the CS agent.
2021-3-2
Use props
djiuser_w7WFqdKGfBwQ
New
United States

USB-C connectors are non-polorized. Why does it matter L or stright end? Has any one got the focus control to work? If I can't sort this issue I'm going with another gimble manufacturer.
2021-4-4
Use props
M-PERIAL ENT
New

United States

Hello. I have been reading through all the comments here, and I am getting aggravated. I received a Canon M50 for Christmas. I scoured YouTube to find the best gimbal for my camera. After days of thought, I went with the Ronin SC. Largely because of price and because I was given the impression that it was designed with the M50 in mind. As you all know when I went to plug the Multi-use cable in it did not fit. So, I began to search for answers on how to make this work. I found the videos where I was told to buy "adapters". That upset me because as much as I paid for the Ronin SC now I had to order adapters from Radio Shack? WTF, DJI? Why are these not included? Then I came across this forum and I learn that DJI technicians are telling customers that the Ronin SC only works with M50 Firmware 1.0.2!? My M50 has firmware 1.0.3. so even if I spent the extra money on the adapters it STILL won't work! That is bologna! When I purchased your product I expected to be able to use what was included in my kit, but that is not the case. Your engineers at DJI need to fix this issue. Had I have known that you were lying to me about Ronin's compatibility with M50 I would have kept looking and purchased a different one. As it is now, you all have tarnished your integrity as a company. I am disappointed. I am thinking about returning my Ronin for a refund and going with a different gimbal!
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_YLKr2V29C06Z
New
South Africa

tdominey Posted at 2019-8-21 12:08

I think the reason its not working with the other adapter you purchased might be due to the amount of pins. That might be a four pin you purchased.

To gain more space between the camera and arm of gimbal,rotate the lcd screen around and then close it. This will allow the camera to be a a bit more heavy on the right hand side , meaning you can move it a bit more to the left, freeing up some space between the gimbal and camera. This will help a bit . You then have to balance again.
2021-5-19
Use props
Badger_
lvl.1

United States

This whole thing with "plug straight end into camera, and angled one into gimbal", or having to use chained adapters, or counterweights to push camera away from the arm - that is insane how bad it is. I've got a bunch of DJI products that came with USB C - USB C cables... I tried using every one of them with the Ronin's USB C/MicroUSB adapter, and none of them worked with Ronin SC and M50. Only the one that came with the gimbal works, but like for everyone above it is too long when plugged into DJI adapter and gets in the motor's way.
This is such a small thing that ruins the entire experience.
[UPD]: if you are thinking of buying some heavy lens like Sigma 16mm - that would let you move your camera back, past the tilt motor, and that's just enough to use the cable + connector combo that came in the kit. But if you have pancake lens - you're out of luck.
2021-7-25
Use props
Pancho_Villa
New

United States

After a bit of fussing with my Ronin SC and M50, I found an adapter in the case that I had not seen previously. I also found the cable with a 90º angle. I connected the right angle to the ARM of the gimbal. There is a USB-C slot there. HOW you run the cable is important. I placed my cable to the outboard of the 2nd axis motor and ran the cable with the adapter into the camera. Worked right away. The cable is unincumbered in the rotations and I am able to trigger the record button from the handle. The setup, which may be a factor, includes the standard M-mount lens that came with the camera 15-45mm? This much smaller and lighter lens is ideal for my needs as it has a wide enough angle to capture good scenes. Hope this helps resolve the issue for some. I have not tried this with heavier lenses like my Canon EF, but I can tell now that may be a problem due to how long the adapter is. Canon really messed up putting the ports for HDMI and USB on the right side of the camera as that is the point you grip the damn thing. DJI should work on providing a cable option that is 90 degrees on both ends.  

Canon M50 with Ronin SC Gimbal

Canon M50 with Ronin SC Gimbal

2021-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules