123Next >
9139 107 2019-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

I would be a lot more worried about the scratches than the screen protector. DJI are having problems sourcing components from their sub contractors for new drone builds as has been detailed in the press widespread. I think you are doing the right thing returning it.

2019-8-5
Use props
Solo1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383238 ft
United States

Mine had the screen protector on it that you are calling third party but no second screen protector like the one you are calling the factory screen protector.. The drone and controller were both spotless and work perfectly.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55751 ft
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 8-5 23:12
I would be a lot more worried about the scratches than the screen protector. DJI are having problems sourcing components from their sub contractors for new drone builds as has been detailed in the press widespread. I think you are doing the right thing returning it.

Thank you for advise. I was trying to let those scratch things go, and forget about it. Since it won't do anything to the drone's performace. But the moment I find out the second flim under factory film, my heart was cold.
2019-8-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Both my Mavic 2 Pros had that double screen protector.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-5 23:51
Both my Mavic 2 Pros had that screen protector.

Thank you for let me know. Hope one day DJI support can give me a affirmative answer like you.
2019-8-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

AvalonFate Posted at 8-5 23:03
But it still kind strange that even DJI technical Support can't give me a conclusive answer about my concern. They never say two layers of screen protectors is normal. In particular, there is another layer that looks like a third-party product.

I believe if I go to a random Apple store and ask stuff about their new product protection, they will give me a affirmative answer.

I think it highly unlikely that 4 drones already mentioned on here would be refurbs that also still had third party screen protectors on.  Its more likely this is normal from the factory.  My mavic 2 pros were purchased 7 months apart and came like this.  Also the gimbal guard scratches the camera extremely easily,  on my second M2P I swapped to the Polar Pro guard from day 1.
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-6 00:03
I think it highly unlikely that 4 drones already mentioned on here would be refurbs that also still had third party screen protectors on.  Its more likely this is normal from the factory.  My mavic 2 pros were purchased 7 months apart and came like this.  Also the gimbal guard scratches the camera extremely easily,  on my second M2P I swapped to the Polar Pro guard from day 1.

check 11:31

Seem like he only has one layer of protector film. Now I doubt more that I got a refurbished product. Unless DJI change their assembly procedure. But that will make no sense. There is no meaning of two layer film. Instead they should go fix the gimbal scratch issues?
2019-8-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

AvalonFate Posted at 8-6 00:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFaEzA9y96U
check 11:31

His one did not appear to have the protection film under the antenna so perhaps he already removed one screen protector.  Also the video is from the launch maybe manufacturing has changed since then.
2019-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Solo1 Posted at 8-5 23:30
Mine had the screen protector on it that you are calling third party but no second screen protector like the one you are calling the factory screen protector.. The drone and controller were both spotless and work perfectly.

Yeah so did mine, and I bought mine in the first hour of release, so highly unlikely someone bought it before me got a screen protector which weren’t available on Amazon for at least 4 weeks returned it to dji and they re packaged it and shipped it to me, all within 7 days .
2019-8-6
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you sure you didn’t fly it 49ft and crash?
2019-8-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 8-6 02:19
Yeah so did mine, and I bought mine in the first hour of release, so highly unlikely someone bought it before me got a screen protector which weren’t available on Amazon for at least 4 weeks returned it to dji and they re packaged it and shipped it to me, all within 7 days .

I started a poll,  hopefully we will get an idea of the split between screen protector or just the protective film.
2019-8-6
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is English your second language? I'm having trouble understanding your issue.
2019-8-6
Use props
Dom084
lvl.3

Slovenia

To me, both screen protectors look the same. You can also see, that on the first screen protector, the lip for removing the screen protector was broken or cut of and probabbly that's why, DJI put another screen protector on.
2019-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dom084 Posted at 8-6 06:56
To me, both screen protectors look the same. You can also see, that on the first screen protector, the lip for removing the screen protector was broken or cut of and probabbly that's why, DJI put another screen protector on.

I noticed it was cut off , it’s all a bit suspect .
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-6 01:00
His one did not appear to have the protection film under the antenna so perhaps he already removed one screen protector.  Also the video is from the launch maybe manufacturing has changed since then.

Well, that is possible. But kind hard to believe he remove under layer and stick back the first layer. what for?

I don't think Dji changed their assembly procedure. Like I said in 51#, there is no meaning for two layer of film.  Instead Dji should go fix the gimbal scratch issues that all over the place right now.
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-6 02:19
Yeah so did mine, and I bought mine in the first hour of release, so highly unlikely someone bought it before me got a screen protector which weren’t available on Amazon for at least 4 weeks returned it to dji and they re packaged it and shipped it to me, all within 7 days .

Lol, why you even here?
If you are  being rude, not going to help and have difficulty to open your eyes. Just simply leave the topic.  
Thank you
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 8-6 02:35
Are you sure you didn’t fly it 49ft and crash?

Are u sure you can read?
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-6 02:40
I started a poll,  hopefully we will get an idea of the split between screen protector or just the protective film.

Sounds good to me. This should bring some attention and escalate the issues.

A refurbished product should never sell as new, even it working fine. It still a refurbished product.
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

gyrex Posted at 8-6 06:37
Is English your second language? I'm having trouble understanding your issue.

Read it carefully and you will understand.

Let me know what you are having trouble with.

Otherwise you need to go seek a language school, buddy.
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

To me, both screen protectors look the same. You can also see, that on the first screen protector, the lip for removing the screen protector was broken or cut of and probabbly that's why, DJI put another screen protector on.

Those two film is very different to each other. In my 1# picture, clearly the third party film is way more thicker than factory film. And it not mean to being peel off. I have hard time to peel off that thick film.
2019-8-6
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AvalonFate Posted at 8-6 09:02
Are u sure you can read?

Send it back, this hobby may not be your thing, my mavic pro 2 had a scratch on the gimbal when I received it, even with the scratches it’s the best drone I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned a bunch of them.....
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 8-6 10:13
Send it back, this hobby may not be your thing, my mavic pro 2 had a scratch on the gimbal when I received it, even with the scratches it’s the best drone I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned a bunch of them.....

ok clearly you can't read.

This topic is nothing to do with the scratch.

Go back school kid.
2019-8-6
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AvalonFate Posted at 8-6 11:03

I know, you think there is some big conspiracy going on at DJI because the drone you received had 2 screen protectors on the controller. Who killed JFK, 9/11 was an inside job and now DJI is selling used mavic as new, oh the humanity....
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 8-6 12:37
I know, you think there is some big conspiracy going on at DJI because the drone you received had 2 screen protectors on the controller. Who killed JFK, 9/11 was an inside job and now DJI is selling used mavic as new, oh the humanity....

I would like to know would you give a easy trust to anyone in your life?

You r going to hurt youself my firend.
2019-8-6
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

United States

AvalonFate Posted at 8-6 11:03

"Go back school kid"??? LOL! I love irony!!
2019-8-6
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-5 13:41
Your drone was built on the 11 of July 2019 , I don’t believe you were given a refurbished drone or RC, if it had no screen protector on I’d be concerned.
Does it look new does it work like it should .
Mark on your gimbal could have been caused by the way you removed gimbal cover .

lol, that's not how serials work like the last 5 of mine look nothing like any month of the Earthly calender
2019-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 8-6 13:11
lol, that's not how serials work like the last 5 of mine look nothing like any month of the Earthly calender

SN has nothing to do with date, but to find when your craft was built I can just enter SN into a system and it will tell you when it was built . Not sure where you get date from .
2019-8-6
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-6 13:37
SN has nothing to do with date, but to find when your craft was built I can just enter SN into a system and it will tell you when it was built . Not sure where you get date from .

Yeah but they use code for this one so it's not easy to decipher unless you have some kind of code translator.
2019-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 8-6 13:59
Yeah but they use code for this one so it's not easy to decipher unless you have some kind of code translator.

If you want to know when it was built put it up and I’ll get the date for you , it makes sense to record this information and also to make it available to users .
2019-8-6
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AvalonFate Posted at 8-6 12:43
I would like to know would you give a easy trust to anyone in your life?

You r going to hurt youself my firend.

Is that you Dink52?
2019-8-6
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-6 13:59
Yeah but they use code for this one so it's not easy to decipher unless you have some kind of code translator.

This online decoder may be a little out of date, but the algorithm was reverse engineered years ago by some folks over on MavicPilots and has proved very reliable over time.
2019-8-6
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gimpy Posted at 8-6 15:12
This online decoder may be a little out of date, but the algorithm was reverse engineered years ago by some folks over on MavicPilots and has proved very reliable over time.

Wow, my drones have been made july 2018 and the latest july 2019!
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-6 16:46
Wow, my drones have been made july 2018 and the latest july 2019!

The date is on your packaging box..... you don't even need to check it online.
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

?
what do you mean Dink52?
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-6 14:07
If you want to know when it was built put it up and I’ll get the date for you , it makes sense to record this information and also to make it available to users .

omg, you still in my topic?
I am too attractive to you, aren't you?
2019-8-6
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That’s exactly how it looks to me.
AvalinFate, I find it amusing how you accuse others of rudeness when you seem to be one of the more rude posters here with your childish name calling and statements.
Probably good you have sent your drone back, I don’t think the hobby needs another operator like you
2019-8-6
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

If I was a sceptic I might venture this explanation for the scratches. DJI have trouble sourcing components from manufacturers for the new build drones. If you want to fulfil your total sales order for M2's and you have left over components from returned units which have never been flown, would you use these components in new builds? This may explain the scratches, as removal of said parts does take a little force, having modded both my controller for my M2 Pro and my P4Pro I can attest that sometimes a little force is needed to be applied, or the tight fitting components may become loose with vibration of landing at the end of flights. I must state this is just my opinion and not an allegation that this is the case and DJI are using returned parts on new builds, it is just speculation on my part.
2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

AnzacJack Posted at 8-6 17:22
That’s exactly how it looks to me.
AvalinFate, I find it amusing how you accuse others of rudeness when you seem to be one of the more rude posters here with your childish name calling and statements.
Probably good you have sent your drone back, I don’t think the hobby needs another operator like you

u saying two film are the same??
You need a ophthalmologist.
Personal attack on me won't help u have a better life. On the other hand, it shows how childish you are.
I'm a chinese. Do you know why my gov and our chinese company are taking over the world n also beat up your local business? it cuz the no brain customer like you are the great majority.  Easy peasy my friend.
I hope one day you will understand. Maybe when your child have no job but being a cheap worker for our chinese company. For now china still has most cheap worker in the world. But look like that will change soon.

2019-8-6
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 8-6 23:09
If I was a sceptic I might venture this explanation for the scratches. DJI have trouble sourcing components from manufacturers for the new build drones. If you want to fulfil your total sales order for M2's and you have left over components from returned units which have never been flown, would you use these components in new builds? This may explain the scratches, as removal of said parts does take a little force, having modded both my controller for my M2 Pro and my P4Pro I can attest that sometimes a little force is needed to be applied, or the tight fitting components may become loose with vibration of landing at the end of flights. I must state this is just my opinion and not an allegation that this is the case and DJI are using returned parts on new builds, it is just speculation on my part.

I understand your point.

I'm ok if a company using recycling unit on their product. But they need to let the customer know.

Like BMW, they using recycling unit from their returned leasing car to build brand new car and sell as brand new. They also make a public announcements for that.

by the way, i just find out u r one of the few reasonable person in this forum. those blind fans n keyboard man r everywhere.
2019-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi AvalonFate, this is totally normal that there are two screen protector films in the Remote Controller of Mavic 2 series drone. The external film is designed to prevent the screen from being scratched during transportation, users can simply tear it off when receiving it. The film below is to protect the screen during daily use, you don't need to tear off.

Please note we reserve the rights to edit and delete offensive comments and posts. Since your post includes the disrespectful comment of Chinese technology, we will delete it and you will be warned once. Being warned three times will be banned automatically from the Forum, thanks for your understanding.
2019-8-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules