Best Place to Purchase
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

Names will, I am new to this board and looking to buy my frist quadcopter today. I am looking to get the Phantom 3 Profession, as I would like to future protect my 'investment' with the 4k option.

My question is, and im sure its been talked about time and time again...so I apologize, but where is the best place to order your Phantom 3 Professional today to get the best service and fastest shippment?

Thanks everyone

2015-6-8
Use props
jon.mcclay
lvl.1

United States

I ordered mine from DJI since they are shipping the fastest and have them in stock. Fastest still does not mean a lot since it took probably 5-7 days for them to ship it out.

I would discourage you from buying a P3Pro as your first drone.

Like cars, you are going to total your first. My 1st drone was $500 and I destroyed that device. You need to spend a few hours developing your skills with a affordable model. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy
2015-6-8
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

jon.mcclay@gmai Posted at 2015-6-9 02:59
I ordered mine from DJI since they are shipping the fastest and have them in stock. Fastest still do ...

Thank you for the reply and input.

My question on the first car/'drone' statement is; I thought the point of the DJI Phantom 3 OS and overall mindset of the Phantom was that it was a beginner/intermediate quadcopter?

I have been flying model helicopters and smaller quadcopters for a while; just nothing to the sophistication of the Phantom models.

I understand that you can get Phantom 2's for around $500 used; but honestly what is the difference in flying those and the Phantom 3? I fail to see any real overall differences.
2015-6-8
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

After having both you are wrong.. and no wont get P2V+ v3 for $500.. do some searching. too much detail.
2015-6-8
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-6-9 03:17
After having both you are wrong.. and no wont get P2V+ v3 for $500.. do some searching. too much det ...

I didn't say a Vison+...I said a Phantom 2. I have been researching and lingering on these boards for a long time.

There are PLENTY of opportunities to buy Phantom 2's for ~$500. Besides craigslist, woot.com has them every now and then...

Aside from finding a used Phantom 2 being impossible for ~$500....then please elaborate in the key differences in terms of flying a Phantom 2 vs. a Phantom 3. What makes the Phantom 2 easier for beginners?
2015-6-8
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Wil,
I disagree with Jon saying you should buy something else instead of a Phantom 3 Pro as your first drone due to the possibility of crashing ( although I respect his opinion ). There are far more people on here and other forums that are new and fully enjoying the Phantom 3 with no other quadcopter experience than have got one and crashed. If you read the manual, have a look at the forums for advice ( RCGroups P3 thread is a good read - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2384430 - but its a bit long ) and make your first few flights close range ones until you get the feel if it then I have no doubt you will have nothing but enjoyment from the Phantom 3.

As for places to buy. I see you are in the states so you have a LOAD of choices. DJI have a dealer page for the Phantom 3 that will show you where you can buy from various states. Take yuor pick from there.. The other option is to buy direct from the DJI Store. They currently have two options, The Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced for
$1259 and $999 respectfully or a bundle of either version inclusing a spare battery and the hardshell Backpack for $1519 and $1259 respectfully.

Its your money at the end of the day so the desicion if yours. Read up and make a choice from there. Although you would not be here if the Phantom 3 was not already on yuor mind

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-8
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

KittenSwagger Posted at 2015-6-9 03:08
Thank you for the reply and input.

My question on the first car/'drone' statement is; I thought t ...

l have both and find the P3 easier to fly. There's not THAT much of a difference between the two, but the P3 is more responsive.
lf you've flown anything like a Syma then you know what to expect. l can't see the rationale behind buying an earlier Phantom for 100s$ when you don't need to.

l can't help you with where to buy, but l would definitely search for somewhere with stock. There are still people who ordered weeks ago who don't have their quad yet. l got mine within a couple of days from a dealer here in Canada.
2015-6-8
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-9 03:21
Hi Wil,
I disagree with Jon saying you should buy something else instead of a Phantom 3 Pro as your  ...

Thank you for the reply! I have been seeing/hearing on this board that people tend to buy from a DJI dealer to make problems easier. That is something I am looking at, however I just don't want to deal with making an order, and getting a notification that they are now out of stock and having to wait. Looking at getting on as fast as possible; so just curious if anyone has some input on where they are shipping to customer's door fastest.

Thanks!
2015-6-8
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

KittenSwagger Posted at 2015-6-9 03:20
I didn't say a Vison+...I said a Phantom 2. I have been researching and lingering on these boards  ...

and you want compare P2 to P3?? which version? .. lol.. P2V+ is closest thing to P3.. otherwise there is a BIG difference.  FPV..

If came with exact question like differences between DJI pilot app on P3 compared to DJI vision App on P2V then answer.
2015-6-8
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-6-9 03:26
and you want compare P2 to P3?? which version? .. lol.. P2V+ is closest thing to P3.. otherwise th ...

Ok..im not looking to have this debate. I am comparing the FLYING of the two. Not of the camera. Hence talking about a Phantom 2 instead of a Phantom 3.

In that part of my thread, i am not comparing anything other than FLYING of the quadcopter. As someone had stated that buying a P3 was a bad idea for a first drone due to FLYING. Repeat; NOT the camera.
2015-6-8
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KittenSwagger Posted at 2015-6-9 03:24
Thank you for the reply! I have been seeing/hearing on this board that people tend to buy from a D ...

I'm in the UK but three places I have read good things about are http://www.multicopterwarehouse.com and  https://www.dronesmadeeasy.com - http://www.allerc.com/ -  I can't give you info on stock best to check. Also i'm not sure about cross state taxes but I'm sure you do living in the States
2015-6-8
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

KittenSwagger Posted at 2015-6-9 03:30
Ok..im not looking to have this debate. I am comparing the FLYING of the two. Not of the camera. H ...

Well if played with Hubsan  x4?  They they are all about same.. Not much difference between my i1 and P3 either. Besides the GPS locking with i1/P3, which Hubsan doesn't have and makes hard fly.  And i1 being alittle faster and more challenging.  Again need know with P2 because differences in v3 to v2.
2015-6-8
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're in the US, you'll get your Phantom 3 faster if you order from an authorized DJI dealer who already has them in stock in the US. You can find authorized DJI dealers who them them in stock right now on Amazon at:

http://www.PhantomHelp.com/Available

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-8
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

PhantomHelp.com Posted at 2015-6-9 03:41
If you're in the US, you'll get your Phantom 3 faster if you order from an authorized DJI dealer who ...

Fantastic link, thank you!

Sounds like I will be making an order to advexure.com tonight. Thank you!
2015-6-8
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

KittenSwagger Posted at 2015-6-9 04:26
Fantastic link, thank you!

Sounds like I will be making an order to advexure.com tonight. Thank  ...

Check the other threads here regarding taxes.  For Canadians, purchasing direct from DMI is $300 cheaper.  For Americans, depending on which state you live in, you may have to pay sales tax if you order from a dealer, whereas all taxes and duties are included if you purchase direct from DJI . . . DJI shipping FAQ
2015-6-8
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are many dealers in the US. Just buy from a dealer that is not in your state

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-8
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

I ended up placing an order for a Phantom 3 Professional with Advexure. That appeared to be the best place in the states to buy what I wanted that had them A) in stock and B) with no tax.

Thanks everyone, very much looking forward to setting up my Phantom and testing it out for a while!
2015-6-9
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

Quick update; holy that was fast.

Ordered the Phantom 3 Professional from www.advexure.com this morning and its already shipped and will be at my house on Thursday.

If anyone is looking for a place to buy it from, i would strongly suggest there. No sales tax and very fast processing/shipment. Crazy to think I even selected the free ground shipping as the method of delivery.
2015-6-9
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

KittenSwagger Posted at 2015-6-10 03:29
Quick update; holy that was fast.

Ordered the Phantom 3 Professional from www.advexure.com this mor ...

Hopefully you ordered the version with the second battery.

When the Phantom 3 and the video down-link (FPV) works, they are great quads to fly.
2015-6-9
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-10 03:59
Hopefully you ordered the version with the second battery.

When the Phantom 3 and the video down- ...

I did not get the extra battery bundle.

I plan on getting an extra battery soon, just at the moment didn't feel like spending another $150 on that. Maybe if the extra battery was discounted, but it appears it was just the full cost of an extra battery attached to the P3P price.

Is rather use that $150 to get myself another band for my Apple Watch lol #FirstWorldProblems
2015-6-9
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

If you can swing the extra cash, purchasing the P3P, extra battery and the hard shell back back come out to the battery costing you $100.

$1259 P3P
$149   Battery
$159  Hard back pack
$1567

VS $1519 for combo set.
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules