Been awhile, question before purchase
1022 13 2019-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

been gone from forums for a while but I have still been flying my phantoms under part 107 and I’m doing pretty well. Was getting ready to purchase an inspire 2 last year and unfortunately life got in the way and that dream had to be put on hold. Well I’m now ready to make the purchase and I’ve been shopping around and what it seems is the inspire 2 is coming to the end of its life cycle. Seems nobody including DJI has all the parts need to put together the kit I wanted. Almost everything backordered online and even at the DJI store in Scottsdale AZ.  This is concerning to me but I have been away from the forums so I’m not sure. I can’t seem to find anything confirming this idea so maybe I’m flat out wrong. Which I hope I am. Any member able to shed any light on this for me I would greatly appreciate your response. And good to “see” everyone.  Thanks again
2019-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify to us if what kind of parts are you looking for? Also, hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestions from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-8-6
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

What exactly do you have in mind? Although some people are eagerly waiting for - assuredly better and improved - Inspire 3, there's not a single clue when and if it'll happen. Meantime Inspire 2 is still alive and kicking, with no signs of being obsolete soon. As for spare parts, DJI was never quick with supplies for DIY fixes or custom builds of their products. eBay and some authorized repair shops are always the best source of parts, new or cannibalized.
2019-8-6
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-6 14:56
What exactly do you have in mind? Although some people are eagerly waiting for - assuredly better and improved - Inspire 3, there's not a single clue when and if it'll happen. Meantime Inspire 2 is still alive and kicking, with no signs of being obsolete soon. As for spare parts, DJI was never quick with supplies for DIY fixes or custom builds of their products. eBay and some authorized repair shops are always the best source of parts, new or cannibalized.

Thanks Matthew. What I was worried about was investing a lot of money in a system that was no longer being  produced or near end of life. Haven’t been keeping up with DJI news for a year and was noticing how many items are unavailable and back ordered while I was trying to put together the kit I wanted. I would think all their product would be readily available as it used to be but guess not. Maybe their so popular they just can’t keep up on a lot of items. Appreciate your reply and happy to hear the Inspire 2 is still going on.
2019-8-6
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-6 09:54
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify to us if what kind of parts are you looking for? Also, hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestions from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

No inconvenience and thanks for your response. I believe I have the answer I was looking for from member above
2019-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do get the impression that the Inspire 2 is reaching EOL. Twelve months ago you could buy any of the combo packages but now even TB50's and props have been out of stock for a while as are all of the packages except the basic kit (on the UK DJI on line store). The X4S has also been discontinued. Perhaps this may have something to do with the need for drones to be fitted with AirSense technology from 01 Jan 2020 (also explaining why we have seen no new DJI drones in 2019 YTD) and the fact that the Inspire 2 has been on the market for nearly three years now. That said, there has been no communication at all from DJI that an Inspire 3 is being released and the Inspire 2 seems to remain in production. As for buying one now -thats a difficult one as its not my money - would hate to say go for it and you pay full RRP then an Inspire 3 is released in January and your $10K package is suddenly worth $5K but equally, you waited long enough. As an alternative, you could look at DJI's refurb offerings to cut the costs and potential losses or buy a used one privately - seen many great deals on Ebay. I wish you luck
2019-8-7
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-7 12:22
I do get the impression that the Inspire 2 is reaching EOL. Twelve months ago you could buy any of the combo packages but now even TB50's and props have been out of stock for a while as are all of the packages except the basic kit (on the UK DJI on line store). The X4S has also been discontinued. Perhaps this may have something to do with the need for drones to be fitted with AirSense technology from 01 Jan 2020 (also explaining why we have seen no new DJI drones in 2019 YTD) and the fact that the Inspire 2 has been on the market for nearly three years now. That said, there has been no communication at all from DJI that an Inspire 3 is being released and the Inspire 2 seems to remain in production. As for buying one now -thats a difficult one as its not my money - would hate to say go for it and you pay full RRP then an Inspire 3 is released in January and your $10K package is suddenly worth $5K but equally, you waited long enough. As an alternative, you could look at DJI's refurb offerings to cut the costs and potential losses or buy a used one privately - seen many great deals on Ebay. I wish you luck

Thanks for your response AJ, appreciate it. And yes you know exactly what I’ve been going through here. After waiting soooo long it’s hard to hold back and not buy my “DREAM” Inspire 2. And if they had everything I wanted last week at the DJI store in Scottsdale I would have bought it then. Almost glad they didn’t at this point as I believe you are correct about Airsense tech.  I’m now thinking maybe I should wait a bit longer and continue to fly the Phantoms for now. Damn, I hate doing the responsible thing sometimes. Thanks so much AJ.  
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Archangel3356 Posted at 8-6 16:12
No inconvenience and thanks for your response. I believe I have the answer I was looking for from member above

Thank you for your response. We're glad to know that your question has been answered by our valued members here. Should you have any inquiries please don't hesitate to reach us. Cheers!

2019-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Archangel3356 Posted at 8-7 13:54
Thanks for your response AJ, appreciate it. And yes you know exactly what I’ve been going through here. After waiting soooo long it’s hard to hold back and not buy my “DREAM” Inspire 2. And if they had everything I wanted last week at the DJI store in Scottsdale I would have bought it then. Almost glad they didn’t at this point as I believe you are correct about Airsense tech.  I’m now thinking maybe I should wait a bit longer and continue to fly the Phantoms for now. Damn, I hate doing the responsible thing sometimes. Thanks so much AJ.

It is a tough one - think very carefully and weigh everything up then go for it and don't look back in that decision - no regrets!
2019-8-7
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

From a commercial point of view, I would try and forget 'dream machine' and concentrate on what I really need to fulfill my professional obligations.

If you can't do without an I2 for whatever reason, buy it. You likely make the money back quick for those kind of assignments (if you can get them) and it means you dont have to cancel gigs/let customers down. Very important in the long run.

If on the other hand you are not loosing business by not having the I2 ... dont worry about it. Not everyone needs the capability of that particular product, even Pro's.

There is always the option of hiring a more sophisticated drone for a particular job if required.

My 2cts.
2019-8-7
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

*DM* Posted at 8-7 23:54
From a commercial point of view, I would try and forget 'dream machine' and concentrate on what I really need to fulfill my professional obligations.

If you can't do without an I2 for whatever reason, buy it. You likely make the money back quick for those kind of assignments (if you can get them) and it means you dont have to cancel gigs/let customers down. Very important in the long run.

Good morning and thank you AJ and DM. I will decide carefully and I won’t look back afterwards no matter what decision I make. My dream machine is an inspire 2 with a x5s and two remotes for dual operator and extras batteries of course. I already have 2 Crystalsky monitors so good there.  I doubt I will ever get into shooting 5K so prores so it’s not needed at least for now.  I do small commercial 4K jobs a couple of times a month but mostly just love flying and doing my own videos.  I live in the perfect place to fly from my property. Wanted to get the wife involved and she seems excited about it as she always loved photography. So it’s all about availability and is it worth it to wait for Airsense incorporated Inspire or whatever might be next.   I read Airsense will also have to built into the aircraft itself so I doubt their will be a module to add this feature to existing Inspires. Ugh, tough call for me but certainly appreciate your input as it has given me other things to consider. Thanks again, let the thinking continue.
2019-8-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Archangel3356 Posted at 8-8 07:06
Good morning and thank you AJ and DM. I will decide carefully and I won’t look back afterwards no matter what decision I make. My dream machine is an inspire 2 with a x5s and two remotes for dual operator and extras batteries of course. I already have 2 Crystalsky monitors so good there.  I doubt I will ever get into shooting 5K so prores so it’s not needed at least for now.  I do small commercial 4K jobs a couple of times a month but mostly just love flying and doing my own videos.  I live in the perfect place to fly from my property. Wanted to get the wife involved and she seems excited about it as she always loved photography. So it’s all about availability and is it worth it to wait for Airsense incorporated Inspire or whatever might be next.   I read Airsense will also have to built into the aircraft itself so I doubt their will be a module to add this feature to existing Inspires. Ugh, tough call for me but certainly appreciate your input as it has given me other things to consider. Thanks again, let the thinking continue.

Lucky you having a partner with the same passion for photography ... Mine can't even make a good snapshot with iPhone, which is impossible by design . Go for it, brother ...
2019-8-8
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-8 13:55
Lucky you having a partner with the same passion for photography ... Mine can't even make a good snapshot with iPhone, which is impossible by design . Go for it, brother ...

Married my best friend over 40 years ago. Still best friends. The one thing in life I was the big lottery winner at and couldn’t be more happy about it. You are correct sir, very lucky me. She’s also a way better photographer than I am too so I think will do nicely as a team if we ever get something to do it with. Waiting for upcoming announcement from DJI and see what this is coming out. Doubt very much it’s a new aerial platform but they have surprised me before. Thanks guys.
2019-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Archangel3356 Posted at 8-8 07:06

Having read that - BUY IT and enjoy it! whatever your reasons for getting one - commercial or recreational the Inspire is an amazing series of drones.
2019-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules