UW housing fogging!
956 13 2019-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Just a short tip for anyone buying any of the 3d party UW housings available for the Osmo Action: use 2-3 antifog inserts if filming underwater. The camera gets very hot (as we all know, specially around the lens) and it will easily create some condensation in cold water (24• celcius). With one insert only, I couldn’t see anything after 5mn of shooting.

Try using 2 inserts in the bottom and one on the right side. Avoid the top and left sides as you will not be able to push the buttons
I really hope DJI has put some thought in the design of their own (and late) underwater case...
2019-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, We're sorry to know about the situation. Please wait for our official underwater case for the Osmo Action. For additional information, kindly be cautious about using the third-party accessories as this may damage your unit severely. Thank you for understanding.
2019-8-6
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Portugal

DJI Tony Posted at 8-6 09:23
Hi, We're sorry to know about the situation. Please wait for our official underwater case for the Osmo Action. For additional information, kindly be cautious about using the third-party accessories as this may damage your unit severely. Thank you for understanding.

Hi Tony, I am actually waiting for the official case. We all are but the thing is, I am already on holidays and there’s no hint of a case yet...

Also, how will a 3d party case damage the Osmo? Currently I am filming my son snorkeling in the surface...
2019-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 8-6 13:07
Hi Tony, I am actually waiting for the official case. We all are but the thing is, I am already on holidays and there’s no hint of a case yet...

Also, how will a 3d party case damage the Osmo? Currently I am filming my son snorkeling in the surface...

Just wondering where you seen dji are building a UW housing for OA ?
2019-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-6 14:18
Just wondering where you seen dji are building a UW housing for OA ?

Apart from DJI Tonys statement above, it is mentioned in the Osmo Action FAQs:-

5. Is Osmo Action waterproof?

Yes. Osmo Action itself can be used at depths of up to 11 m, and it can be used at depths of up to 60 m by using the Osmo Action Waterproof Case.

Also page 14 of the manual (note 5).

The trailer for osmo action unleashed seems to display the case:-

https://www.dji.com/uk/osmo-action/info#downloads

2019-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 8-6 15:24

Ok I hadn’t seen this, I was aware it was WP to 11 metres thank you.
2019-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-6 15:36
Ok I hadn’t seen this, I was aware it was WP to 11 metres thank you.

And it gets better, a screenshot from DJIs own video, showing the case :-)
Action waterproof case - Copy.png
2019-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

El Diabolico Posted at 8-6 13:07
Hi Tony, I am actually waiting for the official case. We all are but the thing is, I am already on holidays and there’s no hint of a case yet...

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You may subscribe to our website to get the latest update to our website. For the third-party accessories, since those are not manufactured by DJI, we couldn't guarantee the outcome when using it or if it wouldn't damage the unit physically.
2019-8-6
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Well, it will be Summer downunder if the case finally gets released in time for their vacations! (g)
2019-8-6
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

ff22 Posted at 8-6 16:25
Well, it will be Summer downunder if the case finally gets released in time for their vacations! (g)

Good one lol
2019-8-6
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Aardvark Posted at 8-6 15:24

That’s correct

Besides the website, there was an article that caught my attention:

https://www.droningon.co/2019/05/15/dji-osmo-action-camera-accessories-waterproof/
2019-8-6
Use props
42deluxe
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 8-6 09:23

„Wait for the official underwater case..“

That‘s funny
2019-8-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

42deluxe Posted at 8-10 01:54
„Wait for the official underwater case..“

That‘s funny

Hi, we do understand that as of the time being it's still unavailable in our store. You may subscribe to our official website to get the latest news here in DJI including the accessories. Thank you for understanding.

2019-8-11
Use props
Above Barbados
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5763537 ft
  • >>>
Bahamas

I've been having HUGE problems with fogging underwater with the housing. Tried as many as five inserts and still no joy, it just fogs up - this is shooting in 4K and/or shooting burst photography. A real shame, as I much prefer the colours and range coming out of the Osmo Action over my GoPro Hero 8 Black. Would love to know if anyone has a solution, only thing I can see is to spend the $300 on the pro deep dive aluminum case and hope it dissipates the heat better.
2020-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules